You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking hell, he really is a deluded knob head. 

'It is not good enough' - what the managers said

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, talking to BBC Match of the Day: "There are loads of thoughts going through my mind. At one point it felt like we were creating openings and didn't take them. Now, it's one of disappointment. We hold our hands up, it is not good enough.

"The players are giving everything, they have done absolutely fantastic so far this season but they know it wasn't good enough tonight.

"The boys they looked mentally tired towards the end, we didn't find that creativity. We can't feel sorry for ourselves. When you are at Man Utd you are privileged because you are playing for the best club in the world. Sometimes you go through periods like this and it is a test I am sure they are going to come through."

7 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The best part for me is two fold. Despite it being them and him, I love seeing a player as a real fan, he's got the same excitement as all their dickhead who'd have been in Paris that night. But then 2nd part is what a fucking mug it's made out of him being a fan. It just shows as soon as you let emotion come into it, these supposed experts are no different to the rest of us. They know fuck all and football will always make a complete tit out of you. At least we only make tits of ourselves on here and nobody is making video loops of us

57F88626-52DD-4F36-9EAC-BB524E692AB3.gif

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's going to go out with all the grace and dignity of a man who's shat himself on the night bus.

On the interview after the game he looked like he hadnt slept in weeks. Like Moyes and Jose before him he has bags under his eyes, his face is pale and riddled with wrinkles, his hair is completely gray. Recent United managers look like theyve been through World War 1 after one year in the job. 

8 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

He very much is, the 2011-12 version anyway, falling off a cliff immediately after being appointed on a full time basis. Obviously Kenny didn’t come out with so much shite.

Our first three visits to new Wembley were terrible, the same goes for winning our only trophy between 2007 and 2019 as well.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Imagine that 20 years from now we hire Origi as manager in a moment of desperation, despite him never having any real success as a manager, and then when he was terrible we were all fine with it because of the memory of that Everton goal?

On point. Ironically, the only area the analogy falls down is that Origi is far better educated than Solskjaer, and he has even more right to cult-hero status with us than Solskjaer at the Mancs.

How very, very predictable this all is. To be fair to Solskjaer however, and this is a point I've laboured on all year, their squad is truly atrocious now. At least when they variously had Lukaku/Di Maria/Rooney/Van Persie etc. and were still floundering one could say the ingredients were there but not the blend from the manager, now there's a very real argument that their squad is inferior to Wolves' and probably the 8 or 9th best in the country looking right the way through the team. I'm not quite sure what any manager could do with that squad, though it is very funny that the hapless Solskjaer was the man tasked with rebuilding it. They are calling on a 22 year old bought from Swansea & an 18 year old from the academy to front the attack, while 31 year old Matic & Mata (who were painfully slow at their physical peak) strut in the midfield. Its an apocalyptic squad.

55 minutes ago, Code said:

Our first three visits to new Wembley were terrible, the same goes for winning our only trophy between 2007 and 2019 as well.

I enjoyed beating Everton in the semi final though, I have very fond memories of that trip. Actually same for the league cup final - not a great performance but a win. And the Chelsea final was poor (wasn't jay spearing playing??), although Carroll's disallowed goal should have been given I thought at the time.

Still, that's all in the past now! 

Anyone who pays attention to me - ha! - will know my seething contempt for the members of the Fourth Estate. So imagine my surprise when David Jones, he of the not-the-views-of-Sky-Sports notoriety, did something valuable when he called Roy Keane out for his bullshit. Keane was blithering on about how Klopp had been given time at Liverpool and Ole deserved the same, so Jones asked the obvious question: why? What had Solskjaer done to deserve all that patience? Keane's spluttering response was "why not?!" The outage in his voice that his wisdom was being questioned was just wonderful and he never regained his equilibrium. When Jones pointed out their respective CV's, Keane came out with the idea that Dortmund were a big club, it's not as if he had won it with Yeovil. For someone to demonstrate such ignorance about where Dortmund were when Klopp took over was truly revealing. If that's the kind of thinking governing decision making at Man Utd, they really are fucked. Kudos to David Jones - who'd ever have thunk?

• Upvote 1