You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Bruno Fernandes has reached what has been described as a “total agreement” to sign for Manchester United.

As per Portuguese newspapers Record and O Jogo the midfielder has agreed a five-and-a-half-year deal with the Red Devils to keep him at Old Trafford until summer 2025. Fernandes, who has 13 goals and 13 assist this season from 24 games this season, has agreed a salary worth €6m a year, which is worth just short of £100,000 a week.

However, while the player has agreed on the switch, talks remain ongoing between the two clubs over the breakdown of the transfer fee.

Sporting are said to value Fernandes at €70million, though it’s claimed they would take a down payment and the rest in bonus-related installments.

Furthermore, O Jogo are now reporting that Sporting have asked for Marcos Rojo to be included as part of the deal and would be willing to accept €50m for Fernandes were the Argentine defender to be included.

However, there’s a catch with the deal with the Primeira Liga side looking for United to supplement some of Rojo’s wages, which are currently proving a stumbling block and proving the key factor in getting the transfer over the line.

The versatile defender earns £160,000-a-week at Old Trafford and United have been asked to cover part of his salary, with the transfer of the player likely to be on an initial loan with a view to a permanent deal.

But O Jogo warns that if an agreement cannot be reached over Rojo, United and Sporting will need to go back to the negotiating table over the Fernandes fee.

Sporting, who only recently tied the player to a new deal, have decided to cash in this month, as opposed to the summer, as it is now claimed the player has told the Primeira Liga club he wants to make the move to Old Trafford as soon as possible and has set his heart of departing the Portuguese capital.

12 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think this guy is even brilliantly, impossibly worse, but it doesn’t have the novelty factor that the Moyes days did. 

That famous night in Paris has elevated him significantly in the hilarity stakes. Thanks Rio!

8 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think this guy is even brilliantly, impossibly worse, but it doesn’t have the novelty factor that the Moyes days did. 

The beauty of Solskjaer is that he's so beloved by the fan base that it’s impossible for there to be the almost universal enmity there was towards Moyes six months into his stint. If we had appointed Gerry Francis in 1991 and he was getting the same results Souness did, I don’t think the farce would have lasted almost three years.

• Upvote 2

We need to be really savvy here and not expect to just fold them up, especially in the first half. They’re a joke because of their form against the rest of the league, not the better sides.

Rashford and Martial are a massive threat on the break and will cause us real problems if they get a sniff of a chance. It’s the only way the goblin knows how to play, but their electric pace up front makes them dangerous against us. That’s before history and desire to spite us comes into it.

They also effectively have a free hit due to our respective league positions and the chance to wreck our unbeaten run. Next to City this is easily our toughest game left.

• Upvote 2

I remember through the 70s and 80's when we were winning titles. These twats always and I mean always, raised their game when they played us. The other 40 games in the season, they'd get turned over by the likes of west brom, stoke, coventry and all the other no marks in Division One at the time.

The cunts evens had a big piece by their favourite journo in the Daily Manc calling other teams 'cowards' because we were beating these other teams united couldnt while they'd regularly take all the points off us.

They were so pre occupied by us that they'd lost sight of the plain fact if they had channelled half the effort they did against us, they wouldnt have been losing to west brom, stoke and the like week in, week out every season.

united are effectively back to those 70s and 80s days. They've a no mark manager who couldnt win a chess game against a school kid. They've got one or two decent players in a team that frankly, has more donkeys.

But that said, they'll pull every fucking trick to con the ref and put doubt in his mind to get the decisions that count. They'll up their game massively and all the players will, for only the 2nd time in the season, run through a brick wall for the gimp.

I dont care how shit united may seem, they'll always raise their game against us. Im expecting a win and hopefully, Mo shakes off his lethargy he has shown against them since he signed and Sadio rips them a new one aided by Bobby.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

We need to be really savvy here and not expect to just fold them up, especially in the first half. They’re a joke because of their form against the rest of the league, not the better sides.

Rashford and Martial are a massive threat on the break and will cause us real problems if they get a sniff of a chance. It’s the only way the goblin knows how to play, but their electric pace up front makes them dangerous against us. That’s before history and desire to spite us comes into it.

They also effectively have a free hit due to our respective league positions and the chance to wreck our unbeaten run. Next to City this is easily our toughest game left.

For electric pace, see our back 4.

The flip side of them in the 1970s/80s were those euphoric Danny Murphy victories over them at Old Trafford, when we'd invariably lose 2-0 to Leicester or Watford the following week.

I've been burnt enough myself to get the caution of the last few posts, but I'd imagine the manner of the performance at Old Trafford is one of the few things this season that Klopp and the players will really want to remedy this weekend.

They also have an FA cup replay on Wednesday that they'll surely have to take seriously.

He's more dislikeable than Mourinho. Mourinho had the trophies won over years and was a great manager back in the day. A cunt yeah, but be doesn't pretend to be anything else, which is how I like my villains.

Ole plays the nice guy act and gets the media on board. He fawns all over Pep and City while barely offering praise to us. Not that I want it from a United manager, but he comes across as snide and small time talking about us. He knows that is what the Stretford End hardcore wants to hear and he plays to the audience. 

Regarding the game, I am cautious because they will turn up I've no doubt. We are so superior but I'd take any kind of a win. I'm also worried about a dickhead like Young going in late on Mo et al. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He's more dislikeable than Mourinho. Mourinho had the trophies won over years and was a great manager back in the day. A cunt yeah, but be doesn't pretend to be anything else, which is how I like my villains.

Ole plays the nice guy act and gets the media on board. He fawns all over Pep and City while barely offering praise to us. Not that I want it from a United manager, but he comes across as snide and small time talking about us. He knows that is what the Stretford End hardcore wants to hear and he plays to the audience. 

Regarding the game, I am cautious because they will turn up I've no doubt. We are so superior but I'd take any kind of a win. I'm also worried about a dickhead like Young going in late on Mo et al. 

Exactly like Moyes was with Everton.  They all lap it up whilst not seeing that he's out of his depth.

10 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Exactly like Moyes was with Everton.  They all lap it up whilst not seeing that he's out of his depth.

Yeah it's the easiest gig in town. A few bad results and drop in a quote that their hardcore will love about us and boom it's worth 2 good results to you. 

Thing I hate about him is how cocky he is when they get a good result like beating City after the spurs result. I reckon Wolves will do them tomorrow.