You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

“It is more for the sense of theatre and show, the complete domination of the gossip-industrial complex, a time when United are suddenly urgent and vital, illuminating the news wires with links and bids and pleas; a little late to the party perhaps, out of sync on some fundamental level, but still lit up like a desiccated Christmas tree, as rosy-cheeked and full of health as the steadily decomposing Santa Claus stuck in the cavity behind your chimney breast.”

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Solksjaer is like the young school kid who wants to do well in an exam, not just for himself , but because he'll get a tenner off his parents for a good grade and not a scolding. In his case the parent is Alex Ferguson who he adores like he was indeed his own father. Solksjaer isn't stupid, he must know deep down he isn't good enough for what United want or need long term and to get back to their glory days. What he does know is that he'll get another job off the back of his time at United, regardless of the shit show he has overseen the media and those at the club above him are making excuses for him. He's the longest interim manager in history imo, he's being used by those in charge to sneak in their low ball plan to rebuild by buying young players and getting the wage bill down. He's fucking shit as well mind. We'll oversee another F rating for his school report in a few weeks and his headmaster won't be a happy bunny. 

3 hours ago, PestiRed said:

“It is more for the sense of theatre and show, the complete domination of the gossip-industrial complex, a time when United are suddenly urgent and vital, illuminating the news wires with links and bids and pleas; a little late to the party perhaps, out of sync on some fundamental level, but still lit up like a desiccated Christmas tree, as rosy-cheeked and full of health as the steadily decomposing Santa Claus stuck in the cavity behind your chimney breast.”

Barney Ronay by any chance?

2 hours ago, Ginny said:

Ole Gunnar Shithouse will get the final nail in his coffin at Anfield hopefully. Put him to the sword like we did Shit Coat 

Why would you want that? Any win will do me and one that allows OGS to survive is even better. Us 1-0 down with 5 mins to go barely having a shot, then a controversial VAR pen combined with a really unlucky injury time OG winner , like the goalie making a brilliant save onto the bar and it comes back hits him on the head and goes in. Get 3 points and keep ole at the wheel. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

he's being used by those in charge to sneak in their low ball plan to rebuild by buying young players and getting the wage bill down. 

It's an interesting and attractive proposition I hadn't considered. And you definitely made me stop and think. But I don't really buy it. I'm sure they are wanting to reduce their wage bill, but they're hardly strapped for cash there*. I think they truly are just fucking clueless. They're the Boeing of football clubs. And although I just thought of that parallel, the more I think about it, the better it works. Clowns. 

*Sorry, got a bit carried away trying to use they are they are, their, they're and there. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, rb14 said:

It's an interesting and attractive proposition I hadn't considered. And you definitely made me stop and think. But I don't really buy it. I'm sure they are wanting to reduce their wage bill, but they're hardly strapped for cash there*. I think they truly are just fucking clueless. They're the Boeing of football clubs. And although I just thought of that parallel, the more I think about it, the better it works. Clowns. 

*Sorry, got a bit carried away trying to use they are they are, their, they're and there. 

I've mentioned this before but I'm wondering if the fuckers have been told behind the scenes that there will be changes to home player quotes once Brexit is done and dusted. They seem to be buying or are interested in any young British talent despite the cost. **

**wages also cheaper for a lot of them. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Code said:

If we look at the different squads of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd and Leicester.

How would people actually rate them?

Is 5th the best you can expect from this manc squad?

I'd go with (purely based on current squads and manager quality as long as they are in that role)

Leicester
Chelsea
Arsenal/Spurs and United are about on the same level, they all have terrible/ageing defenders. Arsenal have the better forwards of the three, Spurs probably have the better M/F, and that isn't great. 

8 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I've mentioned this before but I'm wondering if the fuckers have been told behind the scenes that there will be changes to home player quotes once Brexit is done and dusted. They seem to be buying or are interested in any young British talent despite the cost. **

**wages also cheaper for a lot of them. 

To be fair getting their wage bill down and binning off the likes of Pogba probably not a bad place to start. Get some more of the kids playing regularly and bring in a couple of seasoned , Milner, type players .  They , and Everton to a lesser extent, have spectacularly proved pissing money up against the wall is not the answer .

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, magicrat said:

To be fair getting their wage bill down and binning off the likes of Pogba probably not a bad place to start. Get some more of the kids playing regularly and bring in a couple of seasoned , Milner, type players .  They , and Everton to a lesser extent, have spectacularly proved pissing money up against the wall is not the answer .

You need a manager who can gel those players and get them buying into the Club/Managers ethos. Klopp has that in spades, as does Rodgers to a certain extent. Lampard is fresh and although naive you can tell he has a grip on his squad. Arteta will find it hard at Arsenal as will Mourinho at Spurs, mainly because a leopard can't change its spots and he's a cunt. OGS is just way out of his depth and I doubt that would change even if they bought a shit load of good players. United are definitely rebuilding though, he just fits the bill for what they are doing and is still held in fond regard by a lot of mutants. Still can't shake the feeling the fuckers know something about homegrown quotas etc. 

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

You need a manager who can gel those players and get them buying into the Club/Managers ethos. Klopp has that in spades, as does Rodgers to a certain extent. Lampard is fresh and although naive you can tell he has a grip on his squad. Arteta will find it hard at Arsenal as will Mourinho at Spurs, mainly because a leopard can't change its spots and he's a cunt. OGS is just way out of his depth and I doubt that would change even if they bought a shit load of good players. United are definitely rebuilding though, he just fits the bill for what they are doing and is still held in fond regard by a lot of mutants. Still can't shake the feeling the fuckers know something about homegrown quotas etc. 

Agree mostly mate. OGS  is not the answer for sure . Poch built a team at Spurs on a modest budget and he may well be.  I doubt they know more than you or I when it comes to the effect of Brexit and quotas. The fucking wankers in the Government are winging it day to day 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Agree mostly mate. OGS  is not the answer for sure . Poch built a team at Spurs on a modest budget and he may well be.  I doubt they know more than you or I when it comes to the effect of Brexit and quotas. The fucking wankers in the Government are winging it day to day 

I'm probably just putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. Time will tell, or maybe not as far as Brexit goes. 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'd go with (purely based on current squads and manager quality as long as they are in that role)

Leicester
Chelsea
Arsenal/Spurs and United are about on the same level, they all have terrible/ageing defenders. Arsenal have the better forwards of the three, Spurs probably have the better M/F, and that isn't great. 

Forget the manager, just look at the squads.

I would put Spurs first by some distance.

Guest Pistonbroke
10 minutes ago, Code said:

Forget the manager, just look at the squads.

I would put Spurs first by some distance.

I think they both go hand in hand mate, plus if a club was to change managers then fortunes could easily change in either direction. 

Based purely on squads.

Chelsea

Leicester

Spurs

Arsenal

Mancs

1 hour ago, Code said:

If we look at the different squads of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd and Leicester.

How would people actually rate them?

Is 5th the best you can expect from this manc squad?

I see the point you're trying to make but Ole is also complicit in what their squad looks like and doesn't seem unhappy about the way he's been backed, so that's on him. When everyone's fit, I think Spurs is the best, then Chelsea, then Arsenal. United and Leicester are pretty similar in quality, I would say. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Spurs squad isn't that good, they have one or two very good individuals but on a whole it is an ageing squad in important positions and filled out with shit like Aurier, Lamella, Winks, Lucas, Davies (Rose) and a half arsed Eriksen. Their defence is every bit as dodgy as The Mancs and Arsenal. Leicester and Chelsea have far better defences. No point having Kane and Son scoring if you have a shit defence, and they have. Even Mourinho is struggling to sort it out and that has been his strongest point since becoming a busted flush.