You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

6 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Apparently Allegri, the ex Juventus boss wants the job but wants an answer in the next couple of weeks according to the Italian media. 

Let's hope they show some faith in Ole. 

You mean Brandalf doesn’t have him lined up as Silva’s replacement?

4 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Heard that last season, it’s your title, and this season now , so early on, I just say yeah you never know but each game at a time and see what it is at the end.

Even though in today’s game it’s tough to get back on terms after going behind 6/8 points whatever, it’s still far to early to say anything apart from , yes we’ve made a great start and we’ll see how it goes.

I've had a few Bitters clumsily throwing bait at me by saying "8 out of 8. It must be your title this year." I just point out that we'll have horrible fixture congestion, so we'll drop plenty of points in December and January; it's just good to get some points on the board before then.

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've had a few Bitters clumsily throwing bait at me by saying "8 out of 8. It must be your title this year." I just point out that we'll have horrible fixture congestion, so we'll drop plenty of points in December and January; it's just good to get some points on the board before then.

It could be their year too.

To feel the pull of gravity, and learn that shit sinks.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yep, though sometimes i wonder if they think i or we should show more exuberance, for want of a word, I’m obviously made up and things couldn’t be better really but just a smile to myself with each positive result, knowing full well what can happen, and we will see.

A long time ago now but when we’ve won it before it was just the same , shake of a few hands no prancing though inside fuckin’ elated. Ronnie Moranesque?

Manchester United are searching for a new shirt sponsor with Chevrolet highly unlikely to renew their deal while the club struggle on the field.

The American car manufacturer signed a staggering £410million agreement in 2012, when Sir Alex Ferguson was at the helm and United were consistently challenging for top honours.

The seven-year deal came into play in 2014.

In the time United have displayed the Chevrolet brand on their shirts, they have failed to win the Premier League title and come nowhere near lifting the Champions League.

Now, with the club two points above the relegation zone under struggling manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the fallen giants look further than ever from challenging again at the highest level.

Industry sources say that bosses at General Motors (GM), of which Chevrolet is a division, have been thoroughly unimpressed with United's performance over the duration of the deal, which expires at the end of next season.

However, there is also a belief that the deal was never going to be renewed.

One insider said: 'It was doomed from the start. The feeling within was that Chevrolet had massively overpaid and it was never going to get done again.'

Indeed, the man who agreed the deal, global marketing chief Joel Ewanick, was axed less than 48 hours after it was announced.

At the time, it was reported that GM executives were furious when they learned their company would be paying substantially more than United's last sponsor Aon. 

It was also claimed Ewanick failed to give his bosses full details of the agreement before signing off on it, although the man himself later described the deal as a 'no-brainer'.

Figures seen by Sportsmail show the agreement with Chevrolet, which has brought in around £58.6m per season, dwarfs those the club had previously agreed.

Aon (2010-14) paid £19.6m a season, AIG (2006-10) £14.1m and Vodafone (2000-2006) £8m.

It is understood that United have already begun their search for a new sponsor and club insiders say they have had expressions of interest from a number of leading brands.