You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

If The Glazers are still making money commercially then this will carry on. If this keeps on going and they continue to be as bad on the pitch or even get relegated then surely it’s only a matter of time before they start throwing some real cash at it and looking at a lot better managers etc... 

2 hours ago, Ginny said:

If The Glazers are still making money commercially then this will carry on. If this keeps on going and they continue to be as bad on the pitch or even get relegated then surely it’s only a matter of time before they start throwing some real cash at it and looking at a lot better managers etc... 

They have thrown real cash at it, they've just pissed it all up the wall. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You actually think the Glazers have spent a cent of their own money on players? Hahaha.

Nope, they've not needed too since that clubs earnt enough to have the most expensive squad in Europe a few years back. 

Lack of spending is not their problem. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/congratulations-liverpool-premier-league-winners-2019-20.451059/

They’ve started with their jinxing thread... lol. What an embarrassing lot. It’s only October FFS and they’re already shitting their pants. Small time twats.

Shit like this really annoys me, all other clubs start saying "Liverpool are champion" and no self respecting Liverpool fan would claim that until we are 4 PTS clear with a game to play, then they roll out all this "its our year" shit if we don't win it

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Shit like this really annoys me, all other clubs start saying "Liverpool are champion" and no self respecting Liverpool fan would claim that until we are 4 PTS clear with a game to play, then they roll out all this "its our year" shit if we don't win it

You shouldn’t really get annoyed at it. It’s funny seeing Man Utd fans reduced to creating a congrats thread hoping to jinx us.... 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

It's kind of a curious thing encompassing every other club in the country, yet it's all stemming from fans most of whom aren't old enough to even remember when Liverpool last won the league. If Man Utd win it, it annoys Liverpool and Man City fans but most other fanbases aren't that bothered. If Arsenal win it, all but Spurs fans don't kick up a fuss. If Chelsea and their dirty money win it, again most of the country don't care. Same with Man City. Leicester were an anomaly in that pretty much everybody else hoped they might do it without actually believing it would happen. We get close to it or start to look like we could be the real deal, and everyone else totally loses their shit.

Sure, we have an obnoxious element within our fanbase but the vast majority are more interested in supporting their own team than trying for bragging rights and point-scoring with fans of other clubs. Even the club songs that deride other clubs also mention how much we love Liverpool. "We hate Nottingham Forest..." or "Everton are tragic" spring to mind.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You shouldn’t really get annoyed at it. It’s funny seeing Man Utd fans reduced to creating a congrats thread hoping to jinx us.... 8 GAMES INTO THE SEASON. 

Not that thread in particular I was meaning more like the other seasons where we have been in good positions and everyone but Liverpool fans claim us champions then it doesn't happen and they turn around acting as if we were giving it the Billy Big Balls.

10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You can only really be annoyed if you waste your life reading this sort of shite.  

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It's kind of a curious thing encompassing every other club in the country, yet it's all stemming from fans most of whom aren't old enough to even remember when Liverpool last won the league. If Man Utd win it, it annoys Liverpool and Man City fans but most other fanbases aren't that bothered. If Arsenal win it, all but Spurs fans don't kick up a fuss. If Chelsea and their dirty money win it, again most of the country don't care. Same with Man City. Leicester were an anomaly in that pretty much everybody else hoped they might do it without actually believing it would happen. We get close to it or start to look like we could be the real deal, and everyone else totally loses their shit.

Sure, we have an obnoxious element within our fanbase but the vast majority are more interested in supporting their own team than trying for bragging rights and point-scoring with fans of other clubs. Even the club songs that deride other clubs also mention how much we love Liverpool. "We hate Nottingham Forest..." or "Everton are tragic" spring to mind.

I was talking to a friend of mine who is a Leeds fan (not rabid like most) and he was amazed when I told him it was not the done thing for Liverpool to sing about other teams and would even be shouted down for doing so

22 hours ago, viRdjil said:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/congratulations-liverpool-premier-league-winners-2019-20.451059/

They’ve started with their jinxing thread... lol. What an embarrassing lot. It’s only October FFS and they’re already shitting their pants. Small time twats.

Come the end of the season the only things they'll have to celebrate are either being able to say they were one of the first to predict Liverpool will win the league, or laughing at us being massive bottlers if we don't win it. 

20 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

Not that thread in particular I was meaning more like the other seasons where we have been in good positions and everyone but Liverpool fans claim us champions then it doesn't happen and they turn around acting as if we were giving it the Billy Big Balls.

Exactly: I've never heard proper Liverpool fans say "it's our year," ever. At most it's usually cautious optimism with a heavy sardonic element. But then the ones that attribute this straw man stuff to us are usually the Mancs and their little, lickspittle Merseyside element.

On 08/10/2019 at 17:25, Colt Seavers said:

You see I don't really agree with that. The thing with our fans I believe, is what we've achieved in the past, makes us believe anything is possible. It's without doubt why we won number 5 (and maybe number 6 if you look at the semi) and over the years a few other wins that looked impossible. It's not to say we think we have a devine right, but I do think as fans and a club we are brilliant at riding crest of a wave. 

On 09/10/2019 at 14:23, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Exactly: I've never heard proper Liverpool fans say "it's our year," ever. At most it's usually cautious optimism with a heavy sardonic element. But then the ones that attribute this straw man stuff to us are usually the Mancs and their little, lickspittle Merseyside element.

There's a difference in saying "it's our year" to "we can do it". And the thing is, when we say "we can do it" others often hear "it's our year". That's because mostly they can never believe their club could do it and since we've stopped being the major force on England, most clubs think their's as good as us. But none of them think and expect as much from their club as we do and that expectation has pushed ordinary sides to trophies over he last 30 years. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Heard that last season, it’s your title, and this season now , so early on, I just say yeah you never know but each game at a time and see what it is at the end.

Even though in today’s game it’s tough to get back on terms after going behind 6/8 points whatever, it’s still far to early to say anything apart from , yes we’ve made a great start and we’ll see how it goes.