You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ole is awful and he's also partly to blame for the contents of his squad, but it's bordering on sabotage what he has to work with. 0-1 down and he had Chong and Greenwood to throw on and Tuanzebe at right back. Pogba and Martial are injured but you can't totally fall apart with two players out. Their depth is basically zero. 

This is all set up so the new manager after him has a total clean slate and they're seeing what kids they have that don't totally stink. Right now he's just a puppet for a rebuild that will happen after he's unceremoniously dumped on his ass. 

I actually think Mouninho did well to finish second with that at the time shower of shit.

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Rashford needs to make up his mind whether he wants to be a proper no 9 or more a support striker. He doesn’t make the run in behind enough I don’t reckon. He kind of floats about linking up play, but that means there’s no one in the box for them, not especially when you play with one upfront.

Not sure if it was earlier midweek or before last weekend, but I got in the car to drive home after doing some good shopping and Andy Cole was being asked about Rashford by whoever was talking to him on 5 Live, and he was asked what at he needs to do as a proper number 9.

i though with Cole’s history as a pretty successful one he’d have something insightful to say, but his answer amused me.

”as a number nine, I want to see an Aguero, a Firmino”.

they should get Cole involved in their coaching setup I reckon.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Captain said:

I actually think Mouninho did well to finish second with that at the time shower of shit.

It's not the same at all, though. Before finishing 2nd, Mourinho was backed loads and rode the coat-tails of De Gea who was superhuman that season. They didn't play good football and had a hugely expensive squad, but they got results. Not hugely impressive, no matter how much Mourinho wants to spin it now with hindsight. 

Guest Alex_K

The squad Mourinho finished second with (on a measly 81 points - for perspective he would have been 16 points behind our 2nd placing last season, and was 19 points behind that season with City) was unrecognisable from the squad Solskjaer has now. Ibrahimovic, Herrera, Blind, Carrick, Lukaku, Valencia -- Mata & Matic several years younger (and ever so slightly less over the hill, though both were on the turn then) and first year enthusiastic Pogba. All solid international quality players - ranging from some former league title winners through to a couple of strikers who both could get close to 20 goals a season (Lukaku scored 27 that year; Ibrahimovic 28 the year prior).

It wasn't a great squad, but it had decent depth and an 80-point finish wasn't a crazy expectation. What they have now is just a mess - any decent international players they bought in (Pogba; Martial) have just been ruined or disillusioned through multiple managerial changes & complete lack of discipline while most of the squad looks like something you'd expect at Crystal Palace or Fulham of a few years ago. Struggle to see them getting more than mid-50s points. What's the worst league total we ever had?

Great to see the Mancs in the shite. Took a gander at Red Cafe, they are openly campaigning for anyone at all to come in as interim manager til the end of the season. Saw a good few of them wanting Benitez - imagine going back in time 10 years and telling them that in 2019 they'd be begging to have him as manager!

• Upvote 1

It's hilarious how shit they are. They're not just shit, they are total toilet. I would fucking Kevin Keegan love it if they got relegated and went down. Imagine them and blueshite getting flushed in a single season. Fucking dreamland. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

We’ve had a few Premier League finishes in the 50’s, Ged and Roy’s joint season was one of them, but sad to say I think Kenny’s full season back with us was the worst league total of the past 30+ years at 52.

Couldn't say for all-time.

The season Suarez seemed to miss everything and people started saying he isn't a striker.

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Not sure if it was earlier midweek or before last weekend, but I got in the car to drive home after doing some good shopping and Andy Cole was being asked about Rashford by whoever was talking to him on 5 Live, and he was asked what at he needs to do as a proper number 9.

i though with Cole’s history as a pretty successful one he’d have something insightful to say, but his answer amused me.

”as a number nine, I want to see an Aguero, a Firmino”.

they should get Cole involved in their coaching setup I reckon.

Someone who knows Rashford is over rated wank..... That's the last person I want at that club. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After all the gloom let's see a manic with a happy face, a positive attitude, a spring in the step, a song in the throat, a ray of sun over a rain sodden day, a sense of wonder, an unmistakable sense of optimism, a joy of life, a love of the present, a longing for the future...

Oh well.. never mind..

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

After all the gloom let's see a manic with a happy face, a positive attitude, a spring in the step, a song in the throat, a ray of sun over a rain sodden day, a sense of wonder, an unmistakable sense of optimism, a joy of life, a love of the present, a longing for the future...

Oh well.. never mind..

This gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. 

giphy-3.gif

• Upvote 1