You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, No2 said:

I'd prefer we win 1 or 2 nil and let him continue on a journey to sunnier times. Anything more than a 2 goal winning margin will be curtains for this particular project, I for one think that night in Paris alone justifies sticking with him.

I hear you brother but I'd rather put a cricket score past them if I'm.being honest 

• Upvote 2

Rashford needs to make up his mind whether he wants to be a proper no 9 or more a support striker. He doesn’t make the run in behind enough I don’t reckon. He kind of floats about linking up play, but that means there’s no one in the box for them, not especially when you play with one upfront.

• Upvote 1

Neville was talking absolute shite before like he does a lot of the time when it comes to United.  Souness was correct to pull him but he didn’t really get into the specifics.  Neville loves pushing this view that they’ve hired completely different managers with completely different ideas.  In reality hiring somebody like Mourinho after Van Gaal is pretty similar.  They’re both negative managers who play percentage football and get the players playing like robots, unable to express themselves.  Moyes is similar to that as well although obviously a lot less successful.

He says that giving these managers 200m each is a recipe for disaster.  A completely mental statement to begin with really which he then follows that up by saying Ole needs to make sure he gets his 200m to spend.  He further then muddled it up by listing the signings they’ve made which he reckons came to 150m but took off the 75m for Lukaku and says with all the wages they’ve saved had a net spend of 40m

The problem United have got is that they’ve got all these clueless bellends in the media and I’m guessing behind the scenes telling Woodward what to do.  Hiring Moyes was beyond comical.  Van Gaal was equally stupid as it was never a long term solution and he’d been so long out of the top of the game.  The Mourinho hiring/situation was blindingly obvious to anybody but they were getting desperate at that point.  The spending on all these over the hill players paying them silly wages to show everyone what a big club they are is just the way they roll.

The one consistent thing with all of these decisions is that Neville agreed and backed them all.  He’s now slagging Woodward off saying he doesn’t know what he’s doing.  Why didn’t you raise this point any time he was making these decisions then?

For me they’re just screwed as long as Klopp and Guardiola are here.  They need to get a one of these genuine young talented managers and give him time.  The problem they’ve got is that every year we get better and win things the more pressure gets put on the manager they hire and when they’ve clearly made the wrong decision in the first place they don’t stand a chance.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Hahahahaha, 'It's like losing a game of hide and seek against Stevie Wonder.' Hahaha, naughty bastard. 

53 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Rashford needs to make up his mind whether he wants to be a proper no 9 or more a support striker. He doesn’t make the run in behind enough I don’t reckon. He kind of floats about linking up play, but that means there’s no one in the box for them, not especially when you play with one upfront.

Well if he's not the number 9, who is? 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I've trigger loads of Mancs on Twatter by saying Alex Ferguson took 7 years to win his first trophy and Ole should be given the same amount of time. 

Then they just refer to what he won at Aberdeen thinking I am talking about his whole career. 

Well just point out what Ole won at Molde

Ole is awful and he's also partly to blame for the contents of his squad, but it's bordering on sabotage what he has to work with. 0-1 down and he had Chong and Greenwood to throw on and Tuanzebe at right back. Pogba and Martial are injured but you can't totally fall apart with two players out. Their depth is basically zero. 

This is all set up so the new manager after him has a total clean slate and they're seeing what kids they have that don't totally stink. Right now he's just a puppet for a rebuild that will happen after he's unceremoniously dumped on his ass. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ole is awful and he's also partly to blame for the contents of his squad, but it's bordering on sabotage what he has to work with. 0-1 down and he had Chong and Greenwood to throw on and Tuanzebe at right back. Pogba and Martial are injured but you can't totally fall apart with two of your players injured. Their depth is basically zero. 

This is all set up so the new manager after him has a total clean slate and they're seeing what kids they have that don't totally stink, but right now he's a punching bag. 

Good point