You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I genuinely don’t understand how they can have spent so much and then put out the team they had last night.

Arsenal really shit them selves picking that midfield too, don’t know why they didn’t go more attacking as United at present are there for the taking.

The more I think about it I reckon Newcastle might actually beat them at the weekend or at least get a draw. 

Guest Pistonbroke
14 minutes ago, rotoq said:

The same Newcastle that just got pumped 5-0?

They were down to 10 men against at attack minded Leicester away from home. Newcastle also beat Spurs and are more than capable of out muscling that manc midfield who also have a Thursday away trip to Holland where I fully expect Alkmaar to pump them. 

15 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"United did have a reasonable argument De Gea would have made more of an effort to block the shot had he not seen the raised flag."

What's the Spanish for play to the whistle?

I don't even understand how the linesman felt it necessary to raise his flag when Maguire was clearly playing Aubamayeng onside. It wasn't even close. Questions should be asked about that but the answer is obvious.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I don't even understand how the linesman felt it necessary to raise his flag when Maguire was clearly playing Aubamayeng onside. It wasn't even close. Questions should be asked about that but the answer is obvious.

Especially when they've been told to leave their flags down in tight decisions and let VAR do its thing. This wasn't even tight, linesman obviously reverted back to his initial 'Lets help United' training. 

It's funny as fuck though. United fans are convinced VAR is fucking them over which takes the limelight away from yet another miserable performance at home. They are in a massive fight for a top 4 finish and the officials can't be as corrupt as they normally are. By the time they can dip into the market again they may already be out of contention for a top 4 spot. 

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"United did have a reasonable argument De Gea would have made more of an effort to block the shot had he not seen the raised flag."

What's the Spanish for play to the whistle?

Don’t tell me.....that incident “..changed the game completely...” not their inability to string two passes together or to try harder...

37 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Especially when they've been told to leave their flags down in tight decisions and let VAR do its thing. This wasn't even tight, linesman obviously reverted back to his initial 'Lets help United' training. 

It's funny as fuck though. United fans are convinced VAR is fucking them over which takes the limelight away from yet another miserable performance at home. They are in a massive fight for a top 4 finish and the officials can't be as corrupt as they normally are. By the time they can dip into the market again they may already be out of contention for a top 4 spot. 

They haven’t been told that.  At the World Cup they were told that.  In the prem they’ve been told to flag if they think it’s offside and the ref will let the attack play out and blow his whistle at the end of it just like it happened last night.  I think it’s to try to stop the linesman not flagging for stuff and leaving it to VAR because if a goal isn’t scored then it doesn’t get pulled back and it’s not fair on the team who should have had a free kick.

Its why they were saying on sky last night the refs have been on at the clubs/players to ignore the flag and play to the whistle.

The excuse about to De Gea was comical when they replayed it.  The linesman’s flag only actually went up when Aubameyang was about to kick the ball.  He only looked at the linesman when the ball was already past him.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

We need to twat these cunts when we play them in a few weeks.

Yeah, it's one of the few results from last season we can improve upon.

We tend to bottle this one, especially at their place.  Let's fix it 2009 or 2014 style. 

. The flag was raised quite early, defender and keeper were aware, I think it was Young who sort of hesitated. The offside was obvious when you pause it but in real time 2 players moving fast in opposite directions can deceive easily.

Correct decision and hilarious, and uniteds fault for not playing to the whistle obviously 

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, it's one of the few results from last season we can improve upon.

We tend to bottle this one, especially at their place.  Let's fix it 2009 or 2014 style. 

I'd rather a tight win that's barely deserved with Ole at the wheel for some time yet. If we cunt them in the bastard I think Ole would be forced off the wheel.