You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

They don't learn, do they? They're all hankering for Eriksen in January. It's funny because if Eriksen came here on a free - at the end of the season - I reckon he'd be mustard. If he goes there you can just tell he'll turn to complete shit overnight and they'll be desperately trying to flog him in 18 months tops.

I don't know why any footballer that values their career would move there. The role call of flops they've had since Ferguson left is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

After the Chelsea game, most of the United fans I know seemed to completely forget the lessons learned from last season, and switched straight back into "Ole's at the wheel" mode. For that reason, I'm especially glad they got such a thumping result, only to be brought back down to earth in the next 2 games. Their last season in a nutshell, and hopefully a sign of more to come.

Guest Pistonbroke

I see Ibrahimovic has made a come and get me plea. Obviously fancies making a shit load more. Please do it Mancs. A 37 year old whose played the last few seasons in the States is exactly what you need. 

11 minutes ago, Boss said:

"Let me get this £450,000 a week right quick and focus on my dream of becoming an actor". Genius really.

I don't think he's hung up his boots mentally.   Just burnt out from playing every summer with Chile for something stupid like four years. 

Something we'd need to be more careful with about our front three. 

12 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I don't think he's hung up his boots mentally.   Just burnt out from playing every summer with Chile for something stupid like four years. 

Something we'd need to be more careful with about our front three. 

He can't be burnt out. He hasn't played enough football.

45 minutes ago, rotoq said:

He can't be burnt out. He hasn't played enough football.

He was playing every summer with Chile, on top of his regular season for quite some time. 

Of course it's going to have an effect.   Especially with the type of explosive player he was. 

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

He was playing every summer with Chile, on top of his regular season for quite some time. 

Of course it's going to have an effect.   Especially with the type of explosive player he was. 

Agree to disagree. Don't think he's anything near the competitive minutes to be burned out. Think his heads down and his confidence is shot after a disaster of a move.

I think Twatan coming back would be hilarious. Hes been a total cunt going on about how shit the MLS is and how hes clearly the best player there. Instead of helping the younger American players with his experience he just bangs on about how shit they are and how they should be grateful for him being there.

If he comes back here all he will do is score a few in the FA cup against Reading or Hull and be completely shit otherwise and slow their attacks down. Then the deluded cunt will go back to LA telling everyone how brilliant he is.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

In a couple of years well before his transfer there he played alot (2015 and 2016 were top years for Chile) but no more than Vidal or Medel did  -- the last few he has played very little, including Chile

On 25/08/2019 at 12:18, Alex_K said:

This is an enormous myth. They have spent far more than our owners have (more revenues, sure, but doesn't change the fact). They just don't have the greatest manager in the world at the helm of spending it.

"They", as in the Glazers, have spent nothing, it is the club that has earned the money they've spent. That fact that it is revenues absolutely changes that fact. In 2018 they had revenues that were £135m more than us, that very clearly has an effect on what they can afford to spend on transfers and wages compared to us.

The Glazers have in fact taken money out, over the past 3 years they have taken out £65m in dividends. They also pay themselves wages, there are 12 directors, the Glazer make up 6 of them. Don't know what the break down is, but the board were paid £13m last year. Haven't a clue how much it is over their entire ownership, but imagine it is hundreds of millions.

They are successfully doing what to Utd what Hicks and Gillett tried to do to us.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, The Woolster said:

"They", as in the Glazers, have spent nothing, it is the club that has earned the money they've spent. That fact that it is revenues absolutely changes that fact. In 2018 they had revenues that were £135m more than us, that very clearly has an effect on what they can afford to spend on transfers and wages compared to us.

The Glazers have in fact taken money out, over the past 3 years they have taken out £65m in dividends. They also pay themselves wages, there are 12 directors, the Glazer make up 6 of them. Don't know what the break down is, but the board were paid £13m last year. Haven't a clue how much it is over their entire ownership, but imagine it is hundreds of millions.

They are successfully doing what to Utd what Hicks and Gillett tried to do to us.

You seem confused by your own semantics here - in line 1 you say the Glazers have “spent” nothing, before in line 3 going on to recognise exactly that they have spent.

Whether the Glazer boys ploughed fields to make the money or whether they came by it as a result of owning Manchester United is irrelevant. The fact is that they have invested huge amounts of money back into the club - money that they were under no compulsion to spend and which they could have kept 100% of if so desired (in terms of league position, they probably could have achieved the same results with several hundred million less spent). I did not say they have re-invested everything, but they have certainly spent more than enough in monetary terms to be assured of a better position than they are in. United’s faults lie at the door of managerial and executive personnel - not ‘net spend’ as invested by ownership. Again, to pick up on your own language, that one can “afford” to buy a Ferrari does not mean one does so — that United could “afford” to spend 200 million on Pogba, Fred and Maguire alone does not mean the Glazers had to. As financiers, they’ve simply had their pants pulled down, as the old Redknapp adage goes.

My enduring memory of Hicks and Gillet dog days is being riddled with free signings like Jovanovic, Poulson and the likes. Only this summer United broke the world record fee for a defender - in the last years they broke the midfield with Pogba too. The wage bill for years has been enormous - Sanchez the crown jewel in that affair of financial mismanagement. To equate the way United have spent under the Glazers to us under H&G is at best riddled with inconsistency, at worst does us a massive disservice for how far we came back from that absolute nightmare.

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I see Ibrahimovic has made a come and get me plea. Obviously fancies making a shit load more. Please do it Mancs. A 37 year old whose played the last few seasons in the States is exactly what you need. 

He was a good individual player when he was there, but even then he slowed them down and made them easier to  defend against.

Make it happen please.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think Twatan coming back would be hilarious. Hes been a total cunt going on about how shit the MLS is and how hes clearly the best player there. Instead of helping the younger American players with his experience he just bangs on about how shit they are and how they should be grateful for him being there.

If he comes back here all he will do is score a few in the FA cup against Reading or Hull and be completely shit otherwise and slow their attacks down. Then the deluded cunt will go back to LA telling everyone how brilliant he is.

Vela has 27 goals and 15 assists.

Ibrahimovic 22 Goals and 3 assists. 

Quite clearly the man is talking shit about being the best. Plus the club from Vela, Los Angeles  FC sit top of their conference on 62 points whereas Los Angeles Galaxy are 20 points behind in 4th. 

6 hours ago, rotoq said:

After the Chelsea game, most of the United fans I know seemed to completely forget the lessons learned from last season, and switched straight back into "Ole's at the wheel" mode. For that reason, I'm especially glad they got such a thumping result, only to be brought back down to earth in the next 2 games. Their last season in a nutshell, and hopefully a sign of more to come.

And exactly as with those early games in charge last season, the end result in that Chelsea game masked what was actually a woeful first half performance in which only poor Chelsea finishing saw them still in the game. 

Guest Pistonbroke

It's funny as fuck. Especially after reading all the positive spin the BB and Manc fans were putting on things due to buying a few overpriced English players. 

51 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Vela has 27 goals and 15 assists.

Ibrahimovic 22 Goals and 3 assists. 

Quite clearly the man is talking shit about being the best. Plus the club from Vela, Los Angeles  FC sit top of their conference on 62 points whereas Los Angeles Galaxy are 20 points behind in 4th. 

Someone put this to him a few weeks back and he asked if Vela had played for top teams in Europe and won league titles. Completely irrelevant to what he was being asked. 

The only reason he is there now is because he would probably struggle to get into most mid table teams in the Premier League and no one will tolerate his massive ego. At least there he can score goals against a lower standard opposition and talk shit while the Yanks think he's a "character".

It’s funny seeing how many Man Utd fans seem to think that Ibrahimovic's return would be a smashing idea. Even funnier is the belief that he’d be brilliant for the changing room, because nothing says “morale boost” like the reintroduction of a semi-retired 38 year-old with an uncontrollable ego who wasn’t good enough to warrant retaining 18 months ago.