You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Neville’s giggling fan-girl routine and “Ole’s” inspired tactical acumen in this will only get funnier and funnier.

I remember listening to a French football talk show after that game and they asked Julien Laurens who is kind of their English correspondent what English pundits were saying about United's performance that night. Usually they're inexplicably impressed by what the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Neville et al. have to say because they defer to their "expertise" on the English game, but that time they were completely dumbfounded when Laurens told them they were viewing it as some kind of tactical masterclass. 

I get it takes a lot for ex-United and other English pundits to be objective after a result like that one, but those types of reactions will make Ole's obvious eventual downfall that much funnier.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Neville’s giggling fan-girl routine and “Ole’s” inspired tactical acumen in this will only get funnier and funnier.

Sir-Alex-0852.png?quality=90&strip=all&z

I’ll always enjoy this picture for several reasons. First of all, the unmitigated joy on each of their faces; they’d have been thinking that anything was possible after that, that the prodigal son could take them all the way to the European Cup. That was, after all, a great Champions League comeback, the like of which the competition would be unlikely to witness again for some time; a victory of such magnitude that the board decided that it was imperative that they appoint Solskjaer on a permanent basis. Next up, they promptly got beaten by a Barcelona side who didn’t have to get out of first gear to win each leg with ease. Then, we went and lost by the same margin as they did in Barcelona - suddenly the notion that our team is on a higher level to theirs was open to question. Said notion was brutally disproved as we decimated Barcelona in the second leg, not only proving our superiority , but also providing a comeback that made that special night in Paris look a bit second-rate.

Best of all, we won the competition, meaning that this photograph of three Man Utd legends reunited in European triumph will ultimately always serve as a reminder of the season in which Liverpool won the European Cup for a sixth time.

• Upvote 23

On 25/08/2019 at 16:00, TheHowieLama said:

I guess I don't watch enough United cuz I do not remember Pogba ever being even the best player on the pitch much less single handedly dominating teams

I’d say you’re watching more than enough United.

From the Guardian today.

"United were expected to resume discussions with Internazionale regarding Sánchez’s loan on Monday, with the last major stumbling block the proportion of his £20m-a-year salary the Italian club are to source. United want the latter to pay around €6m (£5.5m); Internazionale want a sum closer to €3m."

Just look at those numbers.

4 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I'd forgotten all about that freak PSG victory.

I didn't enjoy it at the time, but Christ, in hindsight it was a serious investment in continuing comedy.

I was kinda ambivalent. I don't like Man Utd because I support Liverpool but I don't like PSG because they are a vile entity that needs exterminating with extreme prejudice. I noted a number of Liverpool fans in my Twitter timeline who were openly rejoicing. I knew they were right. 

And, of course, it turned out to be a a serious investment in continuing comedy.

• Upvote 1

On 26/08/2019 at 12:56, Mil-ing Around said:

United fans keep moaning about the midfield and lack of creative players but are people really suggesting that Milner, Henderson and Gini are Xavi, Iniesta, modric etc? No, they arent, but we are well drilled and well coached. We have clear passing patterns and movements that are now reflex. We also have a manager who demands urgency everyday and it shows in how we play.

Given their resources, Klopp would win 115 points with them. And lordy, do they know it. I'm looking forward to Stephen Howson doing a video entitled "Why United MUST Poach Klopp From Liverpool".

Couldn’t agree more with the shouts about the PSG comeback. Take away the tribal rancidity of mutual fan hatred and United are a proper football club with a valid history. Fuck PSG, whoever they play and whenever they play them.

That this was the final cue for United to invest their immediate future in a stock the exact instant before it completely fell apart forever just makes it all the more perfect. Football’s very own pump and dump. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of twats.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Couldn’t agree more with the shouts about the PSG comeback. Take away the tribal rancidity of mutual fan hatred and United are a proper football club with a valid history. Fuck PSG, whoever they play and whenever they play them.

That this was the final cue for United to invest their immediate future in a stock the exact instant before it completely fell apart forever just makes it all the more perfect. Football’s very own pump and dump. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of twats.

The taking away of the tribal rancidity of mutual fan hatred didn't last long, did it? Long enough though.

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I'd forgotten all about that freak PSG victory.

I didn't enjoy it at the time, but Christ, in hindsight it was a serious investment in continuing comedy.

How could you forget ‘that balmy night in Paris’ ?!

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, No2 said:

From the Guardian today.

"United were expected to resume discussions with Internazionale regarding Sánchez’s loan on Monday, with the last major stumbling block the proportion of his £20m-a-year salary the Italian club are to source. United want the latter to pay around €6m (£5.5m); Internazionale want a sum closer to €3m."

Just look at those numbers.

I know his wages are insane, but the Italian clubs are fucking piss takers aren't they. 3m a year! Fucking hell, that probably gets you someone on the level of the calvert lewin loser at woodison. I know Sanchez has been shit, but if that was us, if we were going to pay him 17m to play in Italy, I'd sooner pay him 20m and put him on the cleaning roster. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, deiseach said:

Given their resources, Klopp would win 115 points with them. And lordy, do they know it. I'm looking forward to Stephen Howson doing a video entitled "Why United MUST Poach Klopp From Liverpool".

Haha yeah, i keep hearing them say "we should have got Klopp". Thick fuckers don't realise that they tried to get him but he turned it down and called them Disney Land. Even when you send them links to the story they still don't believe it.

Then again:

"Ole's at the wheel,

"Tell me how does it feel,

"We’ve got Sánchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,

"Marcus Rashford, a Manc born and bred,

"Duh du, du du du du du

"Duh du, du du du du du

"The greatest of English football,

"We’ve won it all."

You've got to be pretty bloody stupid to make a song about your three shittest players. Fucking weirdo's.

• Upvote 2

Equivalent:

"Roy is at the wheel,

"Tell me how, how does it feel,

"We’ve got Poulsen, Konchesky and Cole,

The window-licking jamook arsehole 

"Duh du, du du du du du

"Duh du, du du du du du

"We’ve won it all."

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Haha yeah, i keep hearing them say "we should have got Klopp". Thick fuckers don't realise that they tried to get him but he turned it down and called them Disney Land. Even when you send them links to the story they still don't believe it.

Then again:

"Ole's at the wheel,

"Tell me how does it feel,

"We’ve got Sánchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,

"Marcus Rashford, a Manc born and bred,

"Duh du, du du du du du

"Duh du, du du du du du

"We’ve won it all."

You've got to be pretty bloody stupid to make a song about your three shittest players. Fucking weirdo's.

I live with a united fan, it’s great fun blasting out waterfall by the roses after each shit Man U result. I’m like ‘what? Its a great song, it’s not about you’

Looks like Sanchez has gone to Inter on loan with NO obligation to buy for a cost of 4.5 million.... 

Hahahahahahahahaha

You just know full well it all went tits up for him in at UTD when he first took his missus shopping in the Arndale Centre. 

On 27/08/2019 at 09:07, TheDrowningMan said:

Sir-Alex-0852.png?quality=90&strip=all&z

I’ll always enjoy this picture for several reasons. First of all, the unmitigated joy on each of their faces; they’d have been thinking that anything was possible after that, that the prodigal son could take them all the way to the European Cup. That was, after all, a great Champions League comeback, the like of which the competition would be unlikely to witness again for some time; a victory of such magnitude that the board decided that it was imperative that they appoint Solskjaer on a permanent basis. Next up, they promptly got beaten by a Barcelona side who didn’t have to get out of first gear to win each leg with ease. Then, we went and lost by the same margin as they did in Barcelona - suddenly the notion that our team is on a higher level to theirs was open to question. Said notion was brutally disproved as we decimated Barcelona in the second leg, not only proving our superiority , but also providing a comeback that made that special night in Paris look a bit second-rate.

Best of all, we won the competition, meaning that this photograph of three Man Utd legends reunited in European triumph will ultimately always serve as a reminder of the season in which Liverpool won the European Cup for a sixth time.

You should post like this more often!

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Looks like Sanchez has gone to Inter on loan with NO obligation to buy for a cost of 4.5 million.... 

Hahahahahahahahaha

You just know full well it all went tits up for him in at UTD when he first took his missus shopping in the Arndale Centre. 

All those years of us having to offload expensive flops on unfavourable terms while they sold marginally Premier League-class fringe players at a healthy profit. Times change.

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahahahahahahahaha

They're paying 175k per week too though.