You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

The mighty...Simon Jordan?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is “not the right boss” for Manchester United to become a Premier League giant again, according to former Crystal Palace chairman Simon Jordan.

United suffered their first defeat of the season on Saturday when Palace stunned them at Old Trafford, with Jordan Ayew and Patrick van Aanholt’s last-minute winner sandwiching a Daniel James strike for the home side.

The loss came on the back of a 1-1 draw with Wolves last Monday, and also saw a second penalty failed to be converted in successive games – as Marcus Rashford saw his spot-kick hit the post.

And Jordan believes that the Eagles won the game because they didn’t fear United – unlike in the days of former boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

“Because it’s Manchester United, we’ve watched all of their games because there is more focus on Manchester United,” Jordan told TalkSPORT.

“On one hand you could say, two penalties put Manchester United five points better off so we would have a different look at Man United because they would be second.

“But if you look at the manner in which Man United are playing, I’m sorry because I know Man United fans will start yelling and screaming, but up to 60 minutes against Chelsea they were getting bossed.

“Chelsea were the better side in that game by a long way and nobody could see anybody other than Chelsea scoring goals. Now conventional wisdom was defied, Sam Allardyce got made to look a fool on the touchline as we did sitting here and Chelsea capitulated.

“But anyone else other than Chelsea on that day, of that sort of perceived stature, wouldn’t have capitulated and I don’t think Man United would have won that game.

“With respect, Palace got very, very lucky yesterday and Roy [Hodgson] talked about ‘riding their luck’ and ultimately pulling a result out of nowhere.

“But looking at that performance; there is no fear factor, nobody cares about Old Trafford in way they once did because that image is gone.

“And I don’t think it is going to come back under the stewardship of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer because part of that image, as we know, was best players winning games.

“But also, there was this figure at the very head of Manchester United as a football operation, which was [Sir Alex] Ferguson.

“Are you seriously saying to me that the serious times of Man United, with Liverpool and Man City disappearing into the horizon, that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is going to operate at the level that is required? I don’t think so!”

49 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I think Jordan's being very harsh on the former Molde supremo there. All he needs is time. Loads of it.

Like you I'm outraged.

Give Ole time. He needs to be given a proper chance. I hate all this "not good enough" nonsense.

To be fair they've tried a number of managerial strategies:

Up and coming british manager. Failed spectacularly.

Experienced European old head. Failed.

Incredibly successful, short term high reward manager. Two trophies but still miles off challenging when his predicted 3 year tenure fell to bits.

Fans favourite ex-player. Soon to be filed next to David Moyes.

2 hours ago, Elite said:

To be fair they've tried a number of managerial strategies:

Up and coming british manager. Failed spectacularly.

Experienced European old head. Failed.

Incredibly successful, short term high reward manager. Two trophies but still miles off challenging when his predicted 3 year tenure fell to bits.

Fans favourite ex-player. Soon to be filed next to David Moyes.

Who was that mate?

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Shut up Jordan, you Poundland Peter Stringfellow. He’s the perfect man for the job and must be given all the time he needs to implement and cement his methods at root and branch.

This.

Have you read his book though? Its actually brilliant. 

On 16/07/2019 at 18:10, manwiththestick said:

I don't even know where to start with that if I'm honest.

Leave the cunt in charge its hilarious watching them implode  especially slur watching on helpless. This is his own worst nightmare coming through. Long may it continue. 

His dreams for the club gone. 

dumb-and-dumber.gif