You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

42 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I guess I don't watch enough United cuz I do not remember Pogba ever being even the best player on the pitch much less single handedly dominating teams

But. But he does a little dance when he scores and that and has a daft haircut. What more do you fucking want!!!!

4 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

It's not the pass that would bother me, it's the way he lumbered forward. He's a carthorse. The thing is, carthorses have their uses. The problem for Man Utd is that Liverpool, for less money, got a Derby-winning thoroughbred.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Doh'Nuts said:

Yeah, and then he shows his 'leadership' by pointing to where he wants his left back, who's already there!

Virgil's poise and movement is imperious and assured. Slabhead looks like his every motion is with uncertainty in his mind.

There was far less expectation on Maguire at Leicester to actually do shit with the ball. Fire it into row Z, job done. Again, there's a place for that. But that place is not post-Ferguson Man Utd. If they're going to be winning 30+ league games a season, you need to be on the front foot all the time. He might still prosper. But that's only because expectations are going to be lowered to 'get into the top four'. I remember everyone at Anfield going hysterical when Gini got the lead goal with the last kick of the first half against Middlesbrough to push Liverpool back into fourth. And they were right to go mad, it was a great moment. But Liverpool have kicked on since then, which they wouldn't have done if they had persisted with Lovren as their main man in central defence. 

• Upvote 1

They all blame the players they have signed or the ones they didn't sign but for me it's just bad coaching. They have the bald guy in shorts, Carrick, some other fucker and golum. 10/20 years ago maybe but football's moved on.

United fans keep moaning about the midfield and lack of creative players but are people really suggesting that Milner, Henderson and Gini are Xavi, Iniesta, modric etc? No, they arent, but we are well drilled and well coached. We have clear passing patterns and movements that are now reflex. We also have a manager who demands urgency everyday and it shows in how we play.

They still have that "get it wide and whip it in" mentality. Wingers who take on the full back and deliver to Teddy Sheringham. It's funny to watch because that coaching team still hasn't realised that teams are set up to defend that shit all day long. Look how many times Liverpool and City get into those whip it in crossing positions and then don't cross the ball (Arsenal game aside)

There are many managers who would get more out of that squad, Norwich/Southampton's managers both would. Modern day managers who understand patterns of play and are tactically wise. I just hope they persist with this set up for much longer because they are fucked if they do. 

• Upvote 3

At some point their stars will align again unfortunately. They have the money, global brand and some very good players. Manager wise they have floundered about since Slur which was hardly surprising given his record , the level of expectation and the fact he left a spent team behind.  Thankfully OGS is not up to the job so we have the rest of his tenure at least to enjoy.