You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

I like this post on Redcafe .

He’s rebuilding, the first part of that is to cut away the dead wood. Lukaku sold, Sanchez on the way, Smalling and Jones not in the match day squad, Rojo on his way...it will only get better from here and we need to stick with him for the next two/three years.

5 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I must admit I avoid those types of videos because it's embarrassingly cringe inducing, none more so than our own but whats with the unreasonable level of aggression from the baldy at 2 minutes? 

Thought he was going to hit those young lads, who I thought were making fair points about the state of their team. Bad wanker

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Daniel James has made 3 Premier League appearances for United, yet already has more yellow cards for simulation than “serial diver” Mo Salah has in 2 whole seasons

That's not how it works, he's British and British players are all good honest pros who only go down when it's necessary or because they are really quick so a slight touch can knock them over see Ashley Young, Gareth Bale etc.

The real problem is cheating diving foreign bastards like Drogba, Ronaldo, Suarez and Salah. 

It’s great to see the goblin already clutching at how they were supposedly shafted out of nailed-on penalties yesterday, along with that other shite about had they put their two away in the last week they would have 9 points.

If he’s choosing denial to try and alleviate pressure this early in the season, it’s going to make for enjoyable viewing. 

Can you believe it's already been more than six years since they were of the standard required to challenge seriously for the Premier League or Champions League? I still can’t quite believe it and will probably always be overly cautious as far as they’re concerned, but it’s almost unfathomable that a club with their riches has only finished in the top four twice over that period.

I’m not sure it’s going to get much better under the Glazers, either. They don’t seem to be overly concerned about winning with Tampa Bay in NFL, and I suspect the same extends to Man Utd. Our owners aren’t perfect, but there’s a huge contrast there.

Guest Alex_K
30 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m not sure it’s going to get much better under the Glazers, either. They don’t seem to be overly concerned about winning with Tampa Bay in NFL, and I suspect the same extends to Man Utd. Our owners aren’t perfect, but there’s a huge contrast there.

This is an enormous myth. They have spent far more than our owners have (more revenues, sure, but doesn't change the fact). They just don't have the greatest manager in the world at the helm of spending it.

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

This is an enormous myth. They have spent far more than our owners have (more revenues, sure, but doesn't change the fact). They just don't have the greatest manager in the world at the helm of spending it.

It’s not just about chucking money at it though, is it? There’s no system in place there, no structure. They let Ferguson pick his successor, then when that went to shit lurched to a past-prime veteran in Van Gaal, then handed the reigns - and a shit load of money - to Mourinho to blow as he desired, before turning to Solskjaer and giving him the job permanently at the tail end of a new manager bounce. They’ve been at the club since 2003 and haven’t a fucking clue about anything beyond the commercial.

FSG have gotten lucky with Klopp, yeah, but the overarching philosophy is sound and they’ve shown a willingness to learn; they obviously like the transfer committee system, and thankfully we now have a manager content to work in tandem with it, rather than a skeptic who would rather splurge on Christian Benteke.

11 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Just remembered they’re in the Europa League this season as well, so have to juggle midweek games until they go out.

Superb.

Though, on the flip side, it does mitigate the amount of time Ole has to train them.

Yin and yang.

I imagine Ole implements a 'bring a board game to work policy' once a week. Maybe even lets them watch a DVD instead of doing work.

"Name me a team with one player that can absolutely dominate any team?"

"I watch Cristiano Ronaldo and he still doesn't dominate a team on his own"

"Yes, he scores goals every (game) and scores a hat-trick against big teams"

"BUT MATE......he does nothing!"