You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We all know the man to steady a sinking ship is Woy. 

I would literally piss myself. TBH, who in their right mind would go to United at the moment apart from your usual candidates from the pool of shit British managers who get one gig after the other. Talking of which, is Mark Hughes in gainful employment at the moment? 

39 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I would literally piss myself. TBH, who in their right mind would go to United at the moment apart from your usual candidates from the pool of shit British managers who get one gig after the other. Talking of which, is Mark Hughes in gainful employment at the moment? 

He is surely the only former Liverpool employee whose stock would go up at Anfield if he joined Man Utd.

• Upvote 2

I actually screamed for fuck sake when when that winner went in. The Ole story will be over by Halloween at this rate, for what he has done for that club he deserves at least 6 transfer windows to put his stamp on the club.

Just now, No2 said:

I actually screamed for fuck sake when when that winner went in. The Ole story will be over by Halloween at this rate, for what he has done for that club he deserves at least 6 transfer windows to put his stamp on the club.

Another potential banana skin at Southampton next weekend, too. Let's hope they can nick a plucky point. If he does get himself sacked early, if Hodgson is too much to ask for, I’d like to think they’ll look to a current international manager who spent his entire playing career at the club.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

If he goes, it's hard to see where the club go from there. They are trying every strategy under the sun so far and none of it is delivering the desired results. Whether he is fired or not, they are fucked.

Guest Alex_K

United are in a worst state than last season. Their midfield is completely fucked. Lukaku -- for all his faults -- was an infinitely stronger bet to grab a goal than any of the options there now.

Guest Pistonbroke

I had a wonder to the dark side which is RedCafe to have a little read, fuck me the majority of them think they played well today but are just unlucky blah blah blah. OGS getting a real easy ride despite being clueless. Long may the false blame laying continue. I can't see the Norwgian Goblin lasting until Christmas, but I hope he is still there next season as the owners use it as an excuse to rebuild on the cheap as they take even more money out of the club. 

36 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

United are in a worst state than last season. Their midfield is completely fucked. Lukaku -- for all his faults -- was an infinitely stronger bet to grab a goal than any of the options there now.

They did the necessary thing in binning Lukaku and going for a more mobile attack but they needed someone to replace him and hilariously they didn't do that. 

You're right that their midfield is awful. Pogba, for all the criticism he gets, has to do literally everything. Not that I feel bad for him or anything, but he must be hoping and praying for salvation next summer from Madrid or Juve or whoever else.

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I had a wonder to the dark side which is RedCafe to have a little read, fuck me the majority of them think they played well today but are just unlucky blah blah blah. OGS getting a real easy ride despite being clueless. Long may the false blame laying continue. I can't see the Norwgian Goblin lasting until Christmas, but I hope he is still there next season as the owners use it as an excuse to rebuild on the cheap as they take even more money out of the club. 

Think ole will be there next season. While he wasn't a great player like Keane or Scholes, he seems like a decent man and is a throwback to better days, just like a 70s/80s legend would have been for us in the 90s. Their hardcore support won't turn on him quickly and will blame the team more easily.

Was talking to a Manc i know who has a good head on his shoulder. His opinion was that Ole is their Roy Evans. A decent man who is determined to bring the glory days back but is too nice. His point was that Fergie was a cunt but a winning cunt just like our 70s and 80s managers and teams were so ruthless but that Ole thinks talking about 99' will get Pogba et al onside. He reckons they will come 8th or 9th. Rightly said Goblin is trying to be too nice to everyone but their team need someone like Simeone to knock them into shape. 

The problem with United is that they have lost the winning culture. Players like Rashford (and Greenwood) are coming in to a dysfunctional dressing room rather than one where alpha male winners like Keane set the tone. They end up with bad habits. The pressure from the fans is toxic. It's beautiful to watch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

People who post racist abuse on social media "hide behind fake identities", said Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Marcus Rashford was targeted on social media.

The England international was abused after missing a penalty in Saturday's 2-1 defeat against Crystal Palace.

He is the second United player to get abused this week after Paul Pogba.

Just got home and put IPTV on and caught the hilarious highlights. I honestly thought I was watching mutv the way the commentators reacted. Only realised it was sky when the programme ended. I'm fucking loving their collapse into mediocrity. Long may it continue. Fucking scum. 

• Upvote 3

Just popped over to redcafe for some schadenfreude, as you do, and found this beauty:

Aside from his goal, I thought Ayew was brilliant.

I've been a fan of his since he came to England. Considering our depth in attack, id like him here. He's so good at shielding the ball under pressure.

As bad as we got on here in the depths of the Hodgson era, I don't think any of us were suggesting we go out and buy the likes of Jordan Ayew. Yikes.

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just popped over to redcafe for some schadenfreude, as you do, and found this beauty:

As bad as we got on here in the depths of the Hodgson era, I don't think any of us were suggesting we go out and buy the likes of Jordan Ayew. Yikes.

Unless it was posted by Jordan Ayew himself.

1 minute ago, Jose Jones said:

They’d have to give him sole control of transfers, make him the highest paid manager in the world and probably pay Spurs £50 million to get him out of his contract. 

Can they afford to miss out on the champions league again? 

14 minutes ago, Champions of Europe said:

Can they afford to miss out on the champions league again? 

I doubt the Glazers would compromise their 'vision' that much, and can’t see that making the CL is make or break for a club with their commercial heft. Pochettino would probably have to accept a role that gives him, at best, no more autonomy than he has at Tottenham, and quite possibly less.