You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

Ronnie you’re talking absolute nonsense.  Sterling is not world class.  He’s playing a for the most expensive team ever put together that create him so many chances he scores goals.  Trent isn’t world class either because he’s clueless at defending.  The Foden stuff you’ve written is fucking hilarious.  He’s Guardiola PR exercise to prove what a great manager he is at bringing youth through which is what all his success comes from and absolutely nothing to do with spending billions.

He’s the greatest talent he’s ever managed but for some reason only started him in 3 games in the league last season and against fodder in the cups.  The league games were against Cardiff, Spurs (when he was saving players for the champions league which he wasn’t bothered about winning obviously) and Leicester (where he dragged him off after 50 mins because they weren’t winning).  He is absolutely no guarantee of even making it as a premier league player at the moment never mind “world class” as you put it.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has rubbished claims forward Alexis Sanchez has been training with the club's reserves.

Despite Sanchez, 30, struggling for form and fitness since arriving from Arsenal in January 2018, Solskjaer believes the Chilean will "come good".

"It's these stories again that he's been put in the reserves - of course he hasn't," Solskjaer said.

"He's a few weeks behind the rest, but he's very close to being part of it."

tenor.gif

Guest Pistonbroke

He's only made 45 appearance for them in total (32 in the PL) and scored 5 goals in total (3 in the league)

Has to go down as the most expensive flop. 

Guest Pistonbroke

They'll probably make the same mistake again somewhere down the line, who know's, maybe's it will end up being MaGuire. More than likely will be Gareth bale or an ageing player one of the Spanish giants don't want anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was listening to something the other day (maybe radio 5) and they said he's on 510k per week and that was a journo who reports on them. Surely that can't be right? 

Ha, I fucking hope it is. I had the figure of 350k in my head, but whatever the actual amount, it apparently infuriated other senior players who then wanted parity. It's one of the reasons De Gea's contract took so long.

1 hour ago, Duff Man said:

Ha, I fucking hope it is. I had the figure of 350k in my head, but whatever the actual amount, it apparently infuriated other senior players who then wanted parity. It's one of the reasons De Gea's contract took so long.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think it is a base wage of 350k then (believe it or not) he gets an additional wedge if he starts or plays that week.

I also had 350k per week in my head, then I wondered if maybe he gets 350k after tax. 510k doesnt seem enough to do that if he pays full tax, but it's hard to believe he doesn't do something with his image rights which he can pretty much make tax free or certainly a low tax rate and something with a salary at full tax. So he gets 350k but it costs the manc 510?