You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They must be piling more debt on the club if they are paying that amount of wages to a few players. Even the really shite ones are on decent contracts. 

No CL this season yet they can still afford high transfer fees and wages without selling anyone. 

They turn over about 600m quid a year. They pay about 30m servicing debt don't they? And the rest is to piss up the wall on whatever shit player they fancy. 

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

They turn over about 600m quid a year. They pay about 30m servicing debt don't they? And the rest is to piss up the wall on whatever shit player they fancy. 

And some nice juicy dividends for the owners, of course. Long may they reign.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good Van Gall’s interview in France Football this week. 

His last sentence is as  great was You can get  : Bayern Munich has a great tradition of sports whereas Man United has just a business culture. 

Harry Maguire? 80M? Wonder what no. in our CD pecking order he’d be? Behind all 3, VVD, Gomez and Matip? De Light was their original target wasn’t it?

Hopefully our agent inside Old T has now managed to use up their funds. so they’ll drop buying the one player I’d hate to see them get; Bruno Fernandes.

On 03/08/2019 at 15:44, Arnaud said:

Very good Van Gall’s interview in France Football this week. 

His last sentence is as  great was You can get  : Bayern Munich has a great tradition of sports whereas Man United has just a business culture. 

Yeah he isn't very complimentary of Utd at all. 

The fact they've paid the original asking price after all, having gone through the summer trying to negotiate and bargain, when they could have paid it and had him involved and integrated in their pre-season, is also pretty fucked up. There's no foresight, there, Bruce.

11 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The thing is, they can afford him and he improves them. Is he better than vvd? Of course not, but you can say that a out every centre back on the planet. But he's a massive uplift on anything they have and from memory has a decent injury record. I hate anything that improves them and he without doubt improves them.

Yeah, they've done fairly good business this summer and improved two key positions.  Whether the spunk goblin and get anything out them is another matter though.

40 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Yeah, they've done fairly good business this summer and improved two key positions.  Whether the spunk goblin and get anything out them is another matter though.

And if he can't he'll be sacked by Christmas and they'll give someone else ago with better players than he inherited. 

13 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The thing is, they can afford him and he improves them. Is he better than vvd? Of course not, but you can say that a out every centre back on the planet. But he's a massive uplift on anything they have and from memory has a decent injury record. I hate anything that improves them and he without doubt improves them.

He improves them in the centreback position.

They're still dogshit in midfield, so I can't see him making that much of a difference.

They’ve turned a bit of a corner this season in terms of players they’re after. It looks like someone who has an interest in football is making 1 or 2 of them.

The money is largely irrelevant unless they’re giving out Sanchez wages which destabilise the squad and attract further mercenaries, and it doesn’t seem like they are.

4 hours ago, Lario said:

He improves them in the centreback position.

They're still dogshit in midfield, so I can't see him making that much of a difference.

I am not sure they need to be good in midfield. i think they plan to sit deep and smash it long to rashford. i don't think they will be up to our level, but it is probably enough to get them top 4, especially with chelsea likely to struggle with fat frank and losing their best player. 

I reckon they'd actually do better if they got rid of Pogba and didn't replace him. Can't imagine Klopp or Guardiola indulging a 'personality' like that. 

Still, they'll have my full support in their two defeats matches against Manchester City.

• Upvote 1