You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

The real problem is they didn't get Jurgen Klopp. I'm serious. He's the only manager in the world who could have coped with being in the shadow of Alex Ferguson and maintained good relations with the fanbase while working his way out from under that shadow. And - this really is the best bit - every club in existence, plus quite a few that would have set themselves up just for this purpose, would have rolled out the red* carpet for Jurgen Klopp. Yet he ends up at the one club Man Utd fans would have least wanted him to go. Isn't life grand?

*okay, one club wouldn't have done

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Ginny said:

Are the rumours true that they are going to pay £90m for Harry McGuire ?? Probs a load of paper talk bollocks but would be funny if they did. 

Him and Jones together ! Like a scene from Frankenstein and the thing from the swamp

• Upvote 1

The New Testament of Manc.

1. Then the twenty years of plenty came to and end. 2. The land was barren and nothing flourished, no glory came upon them. 3. And the Red Devil’s saw the glory of their neighbors in the north. The saw the mighty wealth of the oilers, who were Arabs from the house of slick. 4. The mancs suffered bitterly and they did pity themselves. 5. And the mancs came unto their lord, wailing and rendering their garments, inscribed with 20 times. 6. And the lord said “why do you come before me crying”? And the people cried, behold o lord, we suffer. 8. For thou has brought wealth upon the oilers of slick and the kopites but in thy anger thou has forsaken us Red Devils, we were once blessed and that. 9. But the lord replied how is it that I have forsaken you when I poured such bounty on your heads? 10. But the people looked about them and saw no riches or a trophy of battle, and they protested unto the lord, where is this bounty of which you speak? We have lost faith in our prophet, Van gaal. 11. The people banished the prophet van gaal and a new prophet was brought from far away. 12.The New prophet was the special one and the mancs said behold, prophet mourinho, who wins the title in his second season has arrived. 13. The mancs made an idol of their new prophet then the people bent over for him and raised their voices, praise be, we’re back. 14. Now it had come to pass the mancs had greatly exalted their prophet mourinho, who was their leader. For under his rule they were nearly destroyed. The prophet mourinho was sent a hex by the prophet klopp, mourinho lost his mind and started speaking in tongues, squandering his wealth on useless servants. 15. For he had bought to their camp, lord Fred and pogba. 16. The prophet mourinho was banished forever. 17. And so it came to pass, a new prophet was needed. They sent for the lord ole of mold. Behold they cried, Lord ole of mold is at the wheel. 18. Lord ole of mold grabbed the wheel and cried, onto battle, let’s go forth. 19. But alas they came 6th. 

• Upvote 5

In the past they’ve kidded themselves on each of the managerial appointments when it was obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes how bad each of them were.  They’ve seem to have resigned themselves with this latest attempt though.  The fact is no matter what decisions they make now nothing will work.  While Klopp and/or Guardiola are in the premier league they won’t win it or the Champions league.  Every year of failure just ramps up the pressure on the next person.

It’s going to be interesting to see how long their support lasts.  They aren’t entirely built on success nowadays but they aren’t immune to a drop off because of how much success they’ve had in the last few decades.

If Man City owners sold up or Roman completely lost interest (which seems to be happening) their support would disappear overnight.  I actually know a few mid twenties Chelsea fans and this is the first time they will be experiencing what it’s actually like to be a football fan.  They’re heading into a second successive season with absolutely no chance of winning the league.  Their best player has left and they’ve got no chance of replacing him.  I wondered how they would react if something like this would happen.  Would they go into meltdown or would they be defiant and stand by the club etc?  What’s happened is that they’ve just lost interest.  They didn’t even watch half of their games last season and I think it will get worse next season.

The mancs had a thread on redcafe the other week about supporting another team because of how futile it is to follow united.  They all deny it but the reason they are fans of these clubs is because they were winning everything when they got interested in footy and they’re nomads. They didn’t have parents dictating who they should support so they picked who was winning.  It’s no surprise if they just stop being interested when the winning stops.  With United the crowds are like the emptihad a lot of the time and they lie about the attendance as much as anyone.

• Upvote 1

I'm always surprised by how easily a Manc-supporting mate seems to be able to get tickets for home games. I haven't been within a mile of getting tickets for Anfield for several seasons now (although the horrible distribution method doesn't help).

Manc lad in work hasn’t mentioned footy for well over a year. Literally nothing. Until ole strung those wins together then he stopped when the winning stopped. He’s about 34 and has probably never known the feeling of freefall. Fuck the fat cunt I’m in his face everyday and you can see him almost physically shaking. Reading that back it sounds like am bullying him? Am I? Haha 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Manc lad in work hasn’t mentioned footy for well over a year. Literally nothing. Until ole strung those wins together then he stopped when the winning stopped. He’s about 34 and has probably never known the feeling of freefall. Fuck the fat cunt I’m in his face everyday and you can see him almost physically shaking. Reading that back it sounds like am bullying him? Am I? Haha 

The answer is quite clearly not enough.  You’re a fan of unbearable fc.  Get stuck in.

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

According to the latest speculation, they are set to spend close to £160 million on Maguire, Wan- Bissaka and James. 

They won't have much more to spend after that surely?

Let the Norwegian gimp keep spending on utter shite would be my motto here 

Wan Bissaka is brilliant. If they get him for 30 million or less, that's a good piece of business.

Maguire for 90 million must be a joke, surely? It's like when you take over your team's rivals in Footy Manager and drive them into the ground.

Sky reckon Palace have already turned down £40M and there’s talk they’re after £70M for him.

With the money sloshing round the Premier League now - Huddersfield made best part of £100M just from that stream last season - and player fees rising every year, there’s just no need for clubs to cash in quickly on particularly young British talent. If he keeps performing he’ll only be worth more next year, it’s like buying a house in the early 2000s. 

United are desperate and everyone knows it, so Palace should be able to truly rinse them with any sense.

9 hours ago, Boss said:

They are comparing Sean Longstaff to us signing Sadio Mane. They are so desperate to emulate us. Even the Maguire thing is just so they can try and pull off their own version of the Van Dijk transfer. 

I remember Solskjaer saying a couple of months ago “you won’t believe the names of players that still want to join Man United”

He was right. 

• Upvote 3