You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

14 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Banker Wanker Dickhead.

Signature worthy.

Change yours, it will fit right in...

Full kit banker wanker dickhead.

39 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He’ll be the one making the key decisions on match day though still. He’s still a bit behind the Pep, Klopp and Pochettino IMO.

They're screwed, no clear strategy or structure in place, the vast funds they have are actually working against them as they pay inflated fees and salaries for 2nd tier players who can't be bothered given that their now on huge wages. Their best players will agitate for even bigger contracts or to leave. Ferguson is well on the way to emulating Busby post his reign. Their trapped by their own romance of the Ferguson era, endlessly seeking to replicate the past.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

He’ll be the one making the key decisions on match day though still. He’s still a bit behind the Pep, Klopp and Pochettino IMO.

Obviously he's behind them. He's behind most managers in the league. I am just saying they will reduce his role as much as they can. And who knows, ferguson could be making some of the in match decisions. There's been reports of him going into the dressing room during and after games. 

2 hours ago, clangers said:

They're screwed, no clear strategy or structure in place, the vast funds they have are actually working against them as they pay inflated fees and salaries for 2nd tier players who can't be bothered given that their now on huge wages. Their best players will agitate for even bigger contracts or to leave. Ferguson is well on the way to emulating Busby post his reign. Their trapped by their own romance of the Ferguson era, endlessly seeking to replicate the past.

That trapped in the past stuff is no different to us really. When Houllier was appointed, there was more made of him once being a teacher in Liverpool than there was of his achievements in the game. The thing is, that's not always a bad thing, continuity served us well from Shanks through to Kenny, but the key is making the right appointments. It's like when we went for Souness - he admits now it was too early for him. We knew Roy Evans wasn't right, which is why we went for Souness. Yet once Souness went, we went for Roy who we'd previously overlooked to have the warm glowing feeling of our past. Football is an emotional game and I don't think it is possible to detach that emotion completely. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few whispers going round that their new Director Of Football will be.... 

Darren fucking Fletcher. 

Might sort his constapation issues out

The whole getting legends and ex-players major jobs within the club only works if there is an overarching philosophy that is being maintained or of the guy happens to be a genius. Overmars and van der Sar at Ajax, Pep at Barca, etc... Those clubs and individuals were implementing and keeping club traditions alive of playing a clear brand of fluid attacking football and bringing through young players who have been learning a specific way of playing since they were kids.

Man United do not have a distinct footballing philosophy, they never did. They just had an exceptionally competent leader of men in Ferguson. Solskjaer, Darren Fletcher, Rio Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, Neville, whoever... Those people will do absolutely nothing. It just makes me laugh seeing them thinking about making these hires and thinking they're up-keeping some kind of tradition and getting people "who know the club". 

That helmet Mike Phelan has been made assistant manager to the spunk goblin. That puts any rumours of him being sacked anytime soon to bed. Happy days. Will be funny watching them trying to implement bacon faces 20 year old philosophy. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

You know things are bad when Luke Shaw wins their fans and players player of the year award.

Ha ha. The comparison between that waddling fuck and Robbo sums both clubs up.

Greed, lack of dedication and licking his plate VS Humility, athleticism and putting everything on a plate.

3 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Is that Dan James? Because he is good.

It is  I sit next to a manc who is raging over this, mainly because he's never heard of him and he's from a lower division.

He thinks I'm taking the piss because I said I think he's very good and I'd have him over Sanchez every day of the week. I'm serious.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

It is  I sit next to a manc who is raging over this, mainly because he's never heard of him and he's from a lower division.

He thinks I'm taking the piss because I said I think he's very good and I'd have him over Sanchez every day of the week. I'm serious.

He shouldn't go there though. There's no clear development of youth going on there any more.

17 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

He shouldn't go there though. There's no clear development of youth going on there any more.

Wasn't that always a bit of manc propaganda though? Bemoaning the likes of city, Chelsea  and back in the day - Blackburn - for 'buying leagues' and saying they do things the 'united way'. They had an unreal crop of players all come through at the same time (many of whom they'd poached early on) but it's been dry for years. The mancs spend big on the finished article with the best of them, they're just not very good at it these days.  

Said it before but the beauty of the mancs is  that it's their own fans that are their own undoing. 

Liverpool fans, to give us our due, are capable of dealing with a huge amount of disappointment, whether it's shit players, players fucking off, non performances or last minute footballing losses. We're also a reasonably patient bunch who are quite happy to accept half a dozen unknown players and give them the time and backing they need to become good or even great ones. 

The mancs due to their arrogance aren't able to do that, so  the club is constantly trying to appease them with sweets and crisps. Let's buy Pogba for a record amount even though he's not what we need otherwise they'll break out the Newton Heath scarves and start flying banners over the ground.  

I fully expect them to try and buy Gareth Bale or Coutinho for about 100 mil this summer, while their defence and squad remains shit. It's top drawer stuff. 

• Upvote 2

https://newsthump.com/2019/05/10/manchester-united-to-feed-more-successful-teams-cats-during-european-finals/?fbclid=IwAR1X9tMG7nlySEAnDMPVXHDJXt_J7_uDLwLZ8qSAV6SxAAgM3Hd8fBckIPQ

Manchester United to feed more successful teams’ cats during European finals

Manchester United are to feed the cats while Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea are all away playing in some important football matches.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side has enjoyed an abysmal run of form in the last few months which has seen his team crash out of the Champions League, the FA Cup and the race for a top-four spot in the Premier League – but this doesn’t mean the season has ended, with much important work still to be done.

“Anyway, Tiddles here likes the chicken flavoured stuff,” said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp, still hungover from his side’s historic comeback victory over Barcelona on Tuesday evening.

“So if Anthony Martial or someone can make sure to feed him twice a day, and make sure he doesn’t shit in the fish tank, that would be super. He’s not a fan of strangers, so make sure you wear red. Ours, not yours.”

Eden Hazard added, “Yeah if one of Ole’s lot could pop round and stick some biscuits in Captain Fluffster’s bowl, I’d really appreciate that.

“Maybe Luke Shaw? He looks like he’s good with pets. I’ll give him a signed program from the UEFA Cup Final I’ll be competing in or something.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer himself told reporters, “This is absolutely disgraceful. How can they do this to someone like me, a representative of the greatest club in the world, Manchester United?

“Three quid for one tin of kitten food? Harry Kane’s tabby cat will have to make do with the Tesco value stuff and like it.”