You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

There's been 6 seasons since Fergie left. I had a look at players they've bought for 5M or more since he left. Conclusion: They are in troubkle, Ollie boy or not.

Have a look at the transfer list below (names in bold still there). Age is age the season they arrived

I'll do the math for you:

Players bought: 22 players. Total cost: 801,7 M £

From the 22. Players later sold: 8 players, noone with a profit

From  the 22: 14 (!!!) are still ManU players. Some names there I've hardly ever seen before.

Wage bill? Didn't have a look at that. From what I've read it's ridicolous

Good luck with the rebuild!

In (£M)      Out

(£M)

Profit/Loss:

13/14   Juan Mata (25 y)          40.2

Marouane Fellaini (25 y)  29,1    10,8      -18,3

14/15   Angel de Maria (26 y)     67,5    56,7      -10,8

Luke Shaw (20 y)          33,7

Ander Herrera  (25 y)     32,4

Marcos Rojo (24 y)        18,0

Daley Blind (24 y)        15,7    14,4       -1,3

(Falcao loan 1 year at 6,8M !!)              -6,8

15/16   Morgan Schneiderlin (25 y) 31,5    20,6      -10,9

Anthony Martial (19 y)    54,0                  

Memphis Depay (21 y)      30,6    14,4      -16,2

Matteo Darmian (25 y)     16,2

Bastian Schweinsteiger (30 y) 8,1  Free       -8,1

16/17   Paul Pogba (23 y)         94,5

Henrikh Mikhitarian (27 y) 37,8    30,6       -7,2

Eric Bailly (22 y)        34,2

17/18   Romelu Lukaku  (22 y)     76,2

Namanja Matic (27 y)      40,2

Victor Lindelöf (21 y)    31,5

Alexis Sanchez (27 y)     30,6

18/19   Fred (25 y)               53,1

Diogo Dalot (19 y)        19,8       

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

The spunk goblin is in nowhere near comparable to Hodgson.  Like Tony I wanted that cunt of a man nowhere near this club, at least rice krispie face has the majority of scum fans behind him.

You can't deny he's done good jobs at Palace and Fulham. He was just never a Liverpool manager in a million years.

Solskjaer's gotten Cardiff relegated and done ok in Norway. I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison in the sense of ability and the direction he's going to take their club.

Just now, DirkDiggledinho said:

You can't deny he's done good jobs at Palace and Fulham. He was just never a Liverpool manager in a million years.

Solskjaer's gotten Cardiff relegated and done ok in Norway. I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison in the sense of ability and the direction he's going to take their club.

Agree on the ability of the managers, as the goblin is fucking rubbish, but y'know "he gets utd" being a club legend and all; whereas the owl was just a  shit stain "I hope Sir Alex forgives me for taking this job" - in his first fucking press conference!  cunt!

Anyway, hope the baby faced arse ruins them completely.

41 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Agree on the ability of the managers, as the goblin is fucking rubbish, but y'know "he gets utd" being a club legend and all; whereas the owl was just a  shit stain "I hope Sir Alex forgives me for taking this job" - in his first fucking press conference!  cunt!

Anyway, hope the baby faced arse ruins them completely.

He really said that?  "I hope Sir Alex forgives me for taking this job"

That's beyond submissive. At a time when they more than ever need someone to really take charge and correct the players, they sack the "special one" only to give it to the "submissive one"? If he was a turd, he'd be the turd someone took a shit on. A shit with shit on!

3 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

He really said that?  "I hope Sir Alex forgives me for taking this job"

That's beyond submissive. At a time when they more than ever need someone to really take charge and correct the players, they sack the "special one" only to give it to the "submissive one"? If he was a turd, he'd be the turd someone took a shit on. A shit with shit on!

No, the Owl said that - or something very similar!

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Dunno mate - he "hand picked" Moyes as his replacement. 

I still reckon he knew Moyes would be mediocre at best. Whilst he would have hated a top quality manager coming in and winning a couple of European cups in four or five seasons.

Hodgson was the best appointment this club ever made. And I'm serious about that. Plenty of us wanted H&G out, but it wasn't enough and the campaign to get rid didn't get into full flow till hodgson united the fan base against him and as a consequence made enough realise what a fucking mess we were in and go after H&G. Those short few months made all the difference as the campaign managed to stop Hicks getting funding he so desperately needed to stop RBS subsequently forcing the sale of the club. 

Hodgson, cunt of a man, cunt of a manager, but we can always be thankful he got everyone behind getting rid of H&G and the owl pictures and jokes will be eternally funny. 

1 hour ago, Ginny said:

Just seen on red cafe there one of the threads. Something along the lines of ‘Cardiff game - mass walkout” haha. Doesn’t get any better then this? 

Funny. Mass walkout? Don't make me laugh. The "mass" being 10 mates leaving early. Noone will ever notice. Hmmm... second thoughts .... maybe we will notice ... from the noice if they slam the door behind them.

Ole should be out on his arse already. Luckily he isn't yet. They are in their Souness years, and it's damn brilliant to watch them completely unravel. Now we just need to win things. Not easy with the cash and nandrolone flying around.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

They're gonna get a dof, they'll be expecting Phelan to help and I bet Ferguson is involved with any big decisions. I'm not saying it's still not a gamble, but I'm seeing OGS as the fella for the cameras, but he might be very far from being the boss and making any key decisions. 

He’ll be the one making the key decisions on match day though still. He’s still a bit behind the Pep, Klopp and Pochettino IMO.