You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, aws said:

Wonder if they still think the loss against City is so funny now. 

They took it in the mouth first so they could take it up the arse second. What they didn't count on is having to take it in the mouth again. 

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The hilarious thing is that a portion of their fanbase is justifying Solskjaer's risible performances by lauding the fact that they’ve accrued the third highest points total since his appointment, failing to take into consideration that the initial boom looks increasingly like a not-Mourinho effect, followed by their worst run since the early 1960s.

Based solely on reading Recafe for a bit, there seems to be surprisingly high degree of support for him still. A fairly decent chunk of them (certainly a majority) seem to think he needs times, the players are shit, he's United legend, etc, etc. I would've thought at this stage they'd be thinking about how few credentials he has to manage a club of their size in a situation like the one they're in and about how bad they've been lately - I mean, let's not beat about the bush here, they've been absolutely fucking diabolical. I said it before but I honestly think their most sensible course of action would be to get rid of him right now, not that I want that to happen. 

The thing is no other Premier League team, not a fair chunk of Championship teams, would swap their current manager for OGS, yet he's got the job to rebuild them. He's never proved himself as a manager so it's a very big gamble for them, and  it's ridiculous that they've done it.

Hopefully he takes their current form into next season and they fall apart again. Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, R BENO said:

The thing is no other Premier League team, not a fair chunk of Championship teams, would swap their current manager for OGS, yet he's got the job to rebuild them. He's never proved himself as a manager so it's a very big gamble for them, and  it's ridiculous that they've done it.

Hopefully he takes their current form into next season and they fall apart again. Lovely stuff.

They're gonna get a dof, they'll be expecting Phelan to help and I bet Ferguson is involved with any big decisions. I'm not saying it's still not a gamble, but I'm seeing OGS as the fella for the cameras, but he might be very far from being the boss and making any key decisions. 

The beauty about this situation is that it was easily avoided if only they had got a quality manager in when Slur decided to call it a day. 

But no they decided to get a clown in like Moyes and subsequently have made disastrous appointments ever since who have all spent a kings ransom on complete dross Exhibit 1 Alexis Sanchez. 

This has all the hallmarks of when Busby left and they went into freefall I know there is not a cat in hells chance of them going down but to long out of the champions league is gonna hurt long may it continue.  

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

He's got all the presence of a supply teacher on the verge of tears.

I thought more of Junior Doctor in the middle of a heart transplant operation after the Consultant felt ill and had to leave the theatre .

13 hours ago, DimReaper said:

Based solely on reading Recafe for a bit, there seems to be surprisingly high degree of support for him still. A fairly decent chunk of them (certainly a majority) seem to think he needs times, the players are shit, he's United legend, etc, etc. I would've thought at this stage they'd be thinking about how few credentials he has to manage a club of their size in a situation like the one they're in and about how bad they've been lately - I mean, let's not beat about the bush here, they've been absolutely fucking diabolical. I said it before but I honestly think their most sensible course of action would be to get rid of him right now, not that I want that to happen. 

It's denial, they know deep down that they're fucked and it's probably only going one way.

I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by how badly they've dropped off, thought the post-Mourinho afterglow would last them at least until the end of the season. I'm expecting them to spunk more ludicrous fees on questionable purchases, which will be hailed by the media as a masterstroke, only for Pogba to throw a massive strop and Oggie to completely lose the dressing room and be gone by Christmas.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

It's denial, they know deep down that they're fucked and it's probably only going one way.

I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by how badly they've dropped off, thought the post-Mourinho afterglow would last them at least until the end of the season. I'm expecting them to spunk more ludicrous fees on questionable purchases, which will be hailed by the media as a masterstroke, only for Pogba to throw a massive strop and Oggie to completely lose the dressing room and be gone by Christmas.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.

It’s true this. It’s definitely denial. I don’t like to admit this but I remember when Hodgson came in to manage us. I remember a couple of us actually discussing how it was the right appointment and that it could be good for the club. It does weird things to your head. 

1 minute ago, Ginny said:

It’s true this. It’s definitely denial. I don’t like to admit this but I remember when Hodgson came in to manage us. I remember a couple of us actually discussing how it was the right appointment and that it could be good for the club. It does weird things to your head. 

Absolutely, would rep if I could. They're going through the exact same thing now, knowing deep down that it's wrong but blinding themselves to reality out of love for the club.

When I see pictures of that team that was knocked out of the cup by Northampton, I'm reminded that at the time I thought it was a huge shock. Knowing where those players are now, that was probably a pretty even game. Definitely the lowest low of my lifetime.

15 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Absolutely, would rep if I could. They're going through the exact same thing now, knowing deep down that it's wrong but blinding themselves to reality out of love for the club.

When I see pictures of that team that was knocked out of the cup by Northampton, I'm reminded that at the time I thought it was a huge shock. Knowing where those players are now, that was probably a pretty even game. Definitely the lowest low of my lifetime.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I wanted Hodgson out from the minute he was given the job.

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I thought more of Junior Doctor in the middle of a heart transplant operation after the Consultant felt ill and had to leave the theatre .

Or the student nurse who has just been handed the keys 

4 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I wanted Hodgson out from the minute he was given the job.

It was a disgraceful appointment. I’m usually stupidly optimistic about football, but that was just like finding a massive turd under the Christmas tree. Firing Benitez and ignoring Kenny for that. Our lowest ebb over the last 50 years, though Souness ran it pretty close too with his own managerial ineptitude and horrific judgement in other matters. 

• Upvote 1