You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 hour ago, Cultured Left Peg said:

Fair play to the Spunk Goblin - he's actually calling Guardiola's side out for the tactical fouling they continually do.

Hopefully develops into something the useless fucking refs might pick them up on, and also so does the needle between the two managers before tonight's derby.

According to Opta, City have conceded 170 free-kicks, excluding off-sides, in the opposition half so far this season. In contrast, United have conceded 195.

In addition, City have amassed 38 yellow cards and one red in the Premier League this season - for United, the figures are 64 and four.

Utd will play a semi-experimental team - maybe some youngsters - with the aim of showing a fighting spirit. The crowd will all be appeased by managing to hold city to a 'respectable scoreline' - one-nil or two-nil to City.  They'll see this as a good result after what happened at Everton and all supporters will leave the stadium happy.

The mighty have fallen.

16 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They seem to think we threw the Chelsea game in 2010.

We'd just lost a Europa League semi in extra time on the Thursday at the end of Rafa's reign, while they're playing for pride in a local Derby. No comparison.

I think I’m gonna try to ignore this tonight, and just check the score at 10pm.

I’ll either be pleasantly surprised or not.

Can’t be arsed with actually following the match and actively willing united to play well or score goals. Fuck that.

Apparently most/all the United players' contracts are hugely weighted on Champions' League qualification. So if they don't qualify, they all take a big paycut.

So I can understand the fans point of view. But if the fans think the players won't be thinking of anything but themselves, they're in for a rude awakening.

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

Problem is, City are going to bum them. The idea that Utd are good enough to stop the steamroller is fantasy.

We thought the same when we went there earlier in the season, and they stifled the shit out of us.

5 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

According to Opta, City have conceded 170 free-kicks, excluding off-sides, in the opposition half so far this season. In contrast, United have conceded 195.

In addition, City have amassed 38 yellow cards and one red in the Premier League this season - for United, the figures are 64 and four.

Haha. Poor Ole.

I personally don't be watching this shit show tonight. 

The fact of the matter is its a brilliant team playing another team, 20 odd points behind them. 

So that's how it will pan out. 

Utd, for all their history and recent big up talk, wont score tonight. They are fucking shite. 

Yep, twatted 4-0 by one of the mid table dross, even with it being a derby it’s a no contest. Easiest three points city will have had for a while. They’re so shite they’ll probably consider losing 2-0 a decent result and at least their fans will be happy. 

http://global.espn.com/football/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/3832011/man-united-rebuild-must-follow-in-footsteps-of-hated-rivals-liverpool

Them trying to replicate what we have done is great news if you ask me, because I don't think they will be able to do it successfully whilst the Glazers/Woodward are in charge. Their only hope would be to get a really top quality DoF and completely delegate all football decisions to him.

And it comes with the added bonus of being patient with Solskjaer and giving him at least 3 years!

They may well be twatted out of sight but it wont be for the lack of trying. The utd fans can say what they like about what they want their team to do tonight but they are irrelevant.

Its all about money.

Champions league = club more money = players more money = OGS/Woodward/Glaziers more money  = better players = more success = more money

The club will not willingly break that cycle regardless of what some thick mindless cunt from Wythenshawe might prefer.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I think I’m gonna try to ignore this tonight, and just check the score at 10pm.

I’ll either be pleasantly surprised or not.

Can’t be arsed with actually following the match and actively willing united to play well or score goals. Fuck that.

Me too.

On 21/04/2019 at 20:06, Ne Moe Imya said:

to

I’m looking forward to this. I fancy Utd to grab a draw and therefore become instrumental in handing us our best ever chance of winning the league in 30 years. It’s some cosmic g love thing going on after having our noses rubbed in it by them for the last few decades. Having said that if city carry on with their early goal routine I will put my fucking foot through the telly

• Upvote 2

The DOF thing is a red herring.  It doesn’t work in English football.  The fella picking the team needs to be the one with the final decision on whether a player joins or not.  If the manager has that ability then what’s the point in a DOF.  If the manager doesn’t have that say then why isn’t the DOF picking the team.  If the manager fails how do you know it was the managers fault if he’s had players forced on him.

It’s the most non-footballing person idea in football which is ironic really because loads of mong fans think that it’s taking decisions away from non footballing people like that divvy they’ve got in charge at Old Trafford.  It’s something clubs introduce to try to mitigate the possibility of a manager failing.  They think that having some all seeing genius overseer above the manager will stop them signing players that don’t fit a style they’re going for or blowing massive money on short term signings.  It’s fucking daft because if he was that much of a genius he’d be a manager himself and if he overruled signings or forced different players on the manager then how do you know who is the one failing when things go wrong?

The answer to United’s problems a while ago was don’t hire has been managers who will happily bankrupt your club to win a league cup.  The problem they have now is that years after winning the league they no longer have the patience to see out a half decent young manager who can navigate them to getting closer to us and city and that’s the only way they’ll do it and also it’s the only thing theyll achieve.  They won’t see it like that obviously and it’s why it’s going to be an even bigger car crash than people imagine.