You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

59 minutes ago, LF:D said:

A lot of my mates are United fans.

They all hope they lose to City on Wednesday.

Ditto.

I just respond with 'How the mighty have fallen', it shuts them up as they have a massive superiority complex.

• Upvote 1

They’re within 3 points of third place with three of their last four games at home. That so many of them would forego an end to the season that sets Solskjaer up well for next year and instead prefer to finish without European football is bizarre to me.

That represents a disastrous season with no tangible improvement over their position upon the departure of Mourinho, has severe repercussions on their ability to spend and, given the decline following the boost he oversaw in his first three months, probably does irreparable damage to Solskjaer's credibility as manager and ensures the players will see to it that he's gone by Christmas.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

Rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic, there. How is that team superior to their recent (nominal) 4-3-3 team with the same defective parts?

More freedom for their attacking players. Both Rashford and Martial playing more central. 

12 minutes ago, CrownPaints said:

Contrast this with our performance against Blackburn all those years ago when we played against a team managed by one of our legends and beat them. But for some inspired goalkeeping at Upton Park, Utd would have won another title that year.

I was supporting Blackburn that day, I have to say.

22 minutes ago, CrownPaints said:

Contrast this with our performance against Blackburn all those years ago when we played against a team managed by one of our legends and beat them. But for some inspired goalkeeping at Upton Park, Utd would have won another title that year.

They seem to think we threw the Chelsea game in 2010.

22 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They seem to think we threw the Chelsea game in 2010.

When I walked into the ground that day I said I did not care if we won or not, it lasted around 30 seconds after the first tackle from a Chelsea player.

No way were we going to lose to these cunts.

After the game when we infact had lost, I was kind of happy either way.

The one thing that really bothered me that day though was the rumour about Roy Hodgson coming in that did the rounds outside the ground.

I would easily have taken a few manc titles to avoid that from happening. 

In Kenny’s autobiography he refers to that Blackburn game. He said Liverpool fans lasted all of 10 seconds before they started roaring their own team on, their instinct was just to strong. Their love of their team, they just couldn’t do it. Afterwards he said it meant so much that Liverpool hadn’t folded, had kept their pride and still United couldn’t take advantage.

i read this years ago but this the only bit I remember well. Sometimes being a club can be about more than trophies. A shared pride and belief in something. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Guest Alex_K
2 hours ago, Elite said:

Ditto.

I just respond with 'How the mighty have fallen', it shuts them up as they have a massive superiority complex.

Deep down, United fans - like Everton - have a massive inferiority complex. It explains their vitriolic chanting. It explains why Liverpool are the central tenet to their songbook - at Old Trafford and on the road. They are like the fat, neglected adolescent who beefs up in adulthood but deep down deeply remembers and resents having been that fat kid -- so many of their fans, the older ones especially who are typically also the most poisonous, spent their formative years growing up in the wilderness. Their earliest memories were of fat, tired United - relegated from the First Divison while Liverpool hoovered up every trophy in sight.

Ferguson reveled in creating a siege mentality whereby their early success was defined as much by having "knocked Liverpool off their perch" as the trophies they won. Can you imagine Klopp glorying in "knocking Man City off their perch" were we to win the league? No - we define our success in the context of Liverpool teams of old. United never really had that through their recent boom period - Ferguson was utterly bilious and having suffered several barren decades watching us win everything in sight (with no European or UEFA Cup glories to soften the blow) all their subsequent glory was positioned firmly in the context of us not being glorious. Liverpool and one-upping Liverpool was a deep part of the fabric of United's 'good years': it stands to reason that now in the lean years they take as much or more satisfaction in robbing us than they do their own team's fate.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’re within 3 points of third place with three of their last four games at home. That so many of them would forego an end to the season that sets Solskjaer up well for next year and instead prefer to finish without European football is bizarre to me.

That represents a disastrous season with no tangible improvement over their position upon the departure of Mourinho, has severe repercussions on their ability to spend and, given the decline following the boost he oversaw in his first three months, probably does irreparable damage to Solskjaer's credibility as manager and ensures the players will see to it that he's gone by Christmas.

This is your most optimistic post ever.

Nice.

I was in the Kop for the Blackburn game. Everyone started off wanting Blackburn to win the game, but when it became obvious they weren’t putting a shift in and expected us to roll over (the Blackburn players that is, not Kenny), the mood swung and everyone wanted us to win. It felt even sweeter at the end, as we didn’t roll over and the Mancs still couldn’t get across the line.

No way are Utd folding tomorrow despite what some of their idiot supporters are saying. The will probably lose and that will be construed as good/pathetic ( delete as suits the argument ) but in reality it will because City are massively better at football

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, magicrat said:

Yeh, Pogba the cheeky twat mouthing off about how shameful their performance at Woodison was. Get a mirror you over-hyped prima-donna 

Darren Fletcher was the epitome of this. Fair play, he always put a shift in,  it he was absolute shite. He used to try and elevate himself to class of 92 status with his comments about winning and how a bad result wasn’t good enough for their level. Conning his way into high esteem.

47 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Deep down, United fans - like Everton - have a massive inferiority complex. It explains their vitriolic chanting. It explains why Liverpool are the central tenet to their songbook - at Old Trafford and on the road. They are like the fat, neglected adolescent who beefs up in adulthood but deep down deeply remembers and resents having been that fat kid -- so many of their fans, the older ones especially who are typically also the most poisonous, spent their formative years growing up in the wilderness. Their earliest memories were of fat, tired United - relegated from the First Divison while Liverpool hoovered up every trophy in sight.

Ferguson reveled in creating a siege mentality whereby their early success was defined as much by having "knocked Liverpool off their perch" as the trophies they won. Can you imagine Klopp glorying in "knocking Man City off their perch" were we to win the league? No - we define our success in the context of Liverpool teams of old. United never really had that through their recent boom period - Ferguson was utterly bilious and having suffered several barren decades watching us win everything in sight (with no European or UEFA Cup glories to soften the blow) all their subsequent glory was positioned firmly in the context of us not being glorious. Liverpool and one-upping Liverpool was a deep part of the fabric of United's 'good years': it stands to reason that now in the lean years they take as much or more satisfaction in robbing us than they do their own team's fate.

Quality post that, and bang on the money in my book 

United fans really need to be careful what they wish for. Were it not for us, city would win the league by 20-25 points, a year after they got 100 points. They are only going to get stronger unfortunately, but from a United context, it is entirely possible that they could completely leave them in the shade over the 2020s. 

One of the so called great clubs of world football and they could be overtaken as top dog in their own city.

By the way, Solskjaer's press conferences have been as deluded as anyone's in recent memory. Not taking an ounce of blame for losing 6 of 8. It's all the players' fault, he'll be a massive success at the club with or without most of the squad, etc... Zero humility from a guy who's achieved absolutely nothing in management, pretty much because he knows the media is totally on his side. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's a really big and active forum with lots of discussion on European football and a variety of other topics. Mostly why fans of other teams post there. 

Bar those of us who support Newcastle United, I don’t see too many non-Liverpool fans on here. 

I'm telling all you Utd fans who want us to beat City, if Liverpool win the league this year, they will only get stronger. Another 3 titles and another couple of European cups in the next few years is more than possible. In a world dominated by social media and commercial sponsorships, this could be a new era of dominance by them. Having lived through it in the 80's , if was a 24hour fecking nightmare. 
On the other hand, if they don't win it this year , they may not recover and I can see it falling apart very quickly. 

Any other team going for the title, I wouldn't give a feck. But these are our closest rivals in world football. Their fan base is big as our around the world. Their trophy cabinet is big as ours. They are the only club that scares me of dominating and over taking us In the next few years. It took us 25 years to claw them back , I'm not waiting another 25 years just so we can build some confidence with a win over our neighbours. 
Just be careful what you wish for.