You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 hours ago, The Guest said:

Sky were calling the Manchester derby an iconic game yesterday.  In the media they all pretend like City bother them as well for some reason when it’s blatantly obvious they don’t.  It’s clearly something else that they’re struggling to attain despite all their wealth.  You can’t just buy rivalry.  It would be the equivalent of Tranmere getting billions and suddenly appearing top of the premier league.  I just don’t think I’d find myself giving a shit even though they’re probably as close as the two Manchester clubs are.  It’s why all they’re fans are happy to throw the game.  City are a fucking irrelevance emotionally other than stopping us winning things.

All this talk of clearouts at old Trafford is hilarious as well.  Who is going to buy any of these cunts that they’re paying 2-3 times their worth.  They probably couldn’t give half of them away for free.  When you actively want to sell a player or players then you aren’t going to get the same price as what clubs do for players they don’t want to sell.  Nobody is paying 100m for Pogba, nobody is paying 50m+ for De Gea either, same goes for Sanchez and Lukaku and that’s not even looking at the complete crabs they’ve got at the club.  Most of that squad will be there next season and Solskjaer will be out on his arse before Christmas.

Your second paragraph is the point...

when ferguson was there, he had lackeys all over the league who would pay for his offloads. Bruce more often than most.

remember O’Shea, Wes Brown and someone else going to Sunderland for alright money - more than they should’ve got.

the big difference from then to now is the money, and the lack of lackeys.

getting £4m or £6m is way different than recouping a sizeable amount of £50m, £60m, £70m or more.

they had to take big hits on flops like Di Maria but it was only 2 or 3 being bombed.

now, the could realistically be looking at needing 4 of a new back 5 if De Gea does agitate to leave, plus new CMs and at least one attacker.

when even poor players can cost upwards of £30m now, that’s an awful lot to ask.

Even United can’t afford to bomb our players at a huge loss.

7 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

If the BBC is to believed ( I know ) then it's full on for the old boys reunion Phelan for Technical director and Carrick as Assistant manager I for one am shitting it with the thought of them going toe to toe with Klopp and his backroom.  

Beaut Room

• Upvote 13

Don't have any faith in them getting a result.   Leicester can't be a cunt of a game if they manage to keep them out.   Might be our best hope. 

A Brendan Rodgers led leicester city, if that doesn't talk you how shit they are, nothing will. 

I don't see any quick fix either. 

• Downvote 1

PSG would happily pay 100ml for Pogba. Wouldn't shock me if Madrid did either. Nobody else will. Though a few teams would give them 50ml for de Gea. There's also plenty of Premier league teams that would pay 20ml a piece for Jones, Smalling etc

We got 15ml for Ibe, 20ml for Ings and 20ml for Solanke

18 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Rodgers has been saying how Europa next season may come a bit soon for them and having a proper summer doing coaching and fitness work would be great.

Inspiring stuff from our pov.

Leicester players switched off a few weeks back. Rodgers knows there's no point in Europe under him anyway. They'd be eliminated by xmas

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Leicester players switched off a few weeks back. Rodgers knows there's no point in Europe under him anyway. They'd be eliminated by xmas

Yes, but then there is his ego and the chance to dine out on doing Liverpool a solid.

Selling Pogba is the best thing they could currently do if they want to at least start the long gradual process of becoming a successful football team. I feel though that being a successful team is secondary to being a successful company and Pogba, somehow, has a huge commercial value. 

They could sell sell him for €100 easily and that’d be worth exponentially more due to the mitigating factor of him being a prize, destabilising, self obsessed cunt. I hope they offer him a ten year contract on a million a week as they’ve fuck all chance of being relevant on the field with a team built around his ‘skillset’. If they sold him, and genuinely thought about team coherence, fit and future approach they could be contenders within two years as they have the finance and pull to get all but the very top tier. They won’t do that though as 600 million likes on Instagram is worth far more than 3 points...and long mat it fucking continue! 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes, but then there is his ego and the chance to dine out on doing Liverpool a solid.

Yeah but that dressing room isn't one to piss off so he won't push them to be arsed. And I really don't think he thinks anything of us, I don't see any love there. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah but that dressing room isn't one to piss off so he won't push them to be arsed. And I really don't think he thinks anything of us, I don't see any love there. 

It’s not about loving us. It’s the feeling we’ll owe it to him.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

You get the feeling he'd turn up at Anfield on the last day claiming he laid the foundations 

Ha, yes. And if we keep winning and he takes at least a couple of points off City, I won’t begrudge him it one bit. For once!

• Upvote 3

Their demise is largely down to the fact that they haven't had to operate in the normal world of football for so long. It's like all their shit with Moyes: "Manchester Utd don't sack managers" they all used to trumpet - well of course you fucking don't when they're winning more often than not. When you're not winning though, then things like that have to be considered. Things like management structures need to be considered. Things like signings, and youth development and their progression into the first team need to be considered. Fan expectation needs to be considered. They didn't have to think about anything like that for 30 years because Ferguson did all of it and generally did all of it well (assisted by a monster budget and a handy crop of free excellent players from the academy), and all the board needed to do was find noodle partners, generate hype and get cosy positions in the FA and UEFA.

Once Ferguson went though, suddenly they're having to do all the shit that we do, that Arsenal do, that Tottenham do, fucking hell like Everton try to do: try and run a football club and a business at the same time. And they haven't got a Scooby. They're like Mr Burns in the episode where he loses the nuclear plant: there's Woodward in the kwik-e-mart confused by ketchup and catsup.

Oh and Solskjaer is a fucking pointless manager - all soundbites about the 90s and his gaffer. They might as well put a fucking DVD in charge.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Selling Pogba is the best thing they could currently do if they want to at least start the long gradual process of becoming a successful football team. I feel though that being a successful team is secondary to being a successful company and Pogba, somehow, has a huge commercial value. 

They could sell sell him for €100 easily and that’d be worth exponentially more due to the mitigating factor of him being a prize, destabilising, self obsessed cunt. I hope they offer him a ten year contract on a million a week as they’ve fuck all chance of being relevant on the field with a team built around his ‘skillset’. If they sold him, and genuinely thought about team coherence, fit and future approach they could be contenders within two years as they have the finance and pull to get all but the very top tier. They won’t do that though as 600 million likes on Instagram is worth far more than 3 points...and long mat it fucking continue! 

Are you trying to say Pogba cant be part of a successful team?

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Are you trying to say Pogba cant be part of a successful team?

Not this one, no. There is something inherently flawed with the set up which brings the worst out of him and others. 

Others, definitely, as has been seen. Though his contribution to their success could be debated long in to the night.

He’s just got a touch of the Quresma’s about him...

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yup.

I talk about this all the time but we fans speak about players' fees, but clubs look at the total cost/season. So if you want to look at it from a buying club's point of view, wages will play a huge factor in the fee you're willing to pay.

Our most expensive player in terms of total cost (fee amortisation + wages) is Virgil, who costs us just under 23m/season. You'd imagine that a midfielder like Pogba, if you think you can get him back to his best, peak age midfielder, the most anyone's going to pay is maybe 30m/season, total.

I think he's on 300k/week, no? And he's asking for even more? So that is 15m/season, probably 18m/season or more by the time you pay his agent and give him a pay rise to move to Madrid. That leaves you 12m/season on his fee. So if you think he'll be really good for 5 years you give him a 5-year deal, meaning the fee can't be over 60m.

They're going to lose a LOT of money on some of those players. It's possible they'll put out a figure of 90m for the papers and then give him and his agent 30m so that they sign a lower-wage deal, but it won't matter. They won't get more than 60m for him that they get to keep. And that's just Pogba, some of the others they've got to sell would be much worse. I shudder to think how much money they'd have to pay Sanchez just to go away this summer.

I don't know how much of that is true but it's absolute sweet soul music to my ears. Repped.

10 minutes ago, Boss said:

Their signings post-Ferguson...

Varela
Fellaini
Mata
Herrera
Shaw
Di Maria
Falcao
Blind
Fosu-Mensah
Valdes
Depay
Rojo
Darmian
Schweinsteiger
Schneiderlin
Romero
Martial
Bailly
Ibrahimovic
Mkhitaryan
Pogba
Lindelof
Lukaku
Sanchez
Matic
Fred
Dalot
Grant

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

Looks like their net spend is over half a billion.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

If they had a plan, flogging Pogba & De Gea for £120m (lets be generous & say they'd get buyers at those prices) and probably a bit of flotsom to bottom of the division / promoted sides. They could have £200m to spend off sales alone - and given their financial capability, they could add £100m to that easily. As you say, they could be contenders within two years, IF they had a plan. 

They clearly don't & it's very amusing. 

• Upvote 1