You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

8 minutes ago, Ginny said:

The players in that squad are shite and some are turning toxic like Pogba and now De Gea. Ole will need to totally rebuild a team and will take years. 

Having Ferguson for all those years has ruined them. They'll never replace him, and the weight of expectation season after season will crush them. I predict a long time in the wilderness for those cunts.

Good. 

2 minutes ago, soapytitwank said:

If De Gea leaves them, they are absolutely fucked. Make it happen.

He's gone to shit. His 'effort' at saving the second goal yesterday was Mignolet-esque.

It would nearly suit us more to have him sign a whopper new contract for them to further increase their already gargantuan wage bill while his performances continue to decline.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Having Ferguson for all those years has ruined them. They'll never replace him, and the weight of expectation season after season will crush them. I predict a long time in the wilderness for those cunts.

Good. 

Ruined them? He made them what they are today. I don’t think he’s the issue.

You never replace that. But replacing him with 4 below top level managers and having no recruitment policy is what has done for them.

if they had got Guardiola and that back room team and structure then no one would be saying anything about Ferguson

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CWD82 said:

Ruined them? He made them what they are today. I don’t think he’s the issue.

You never replace that. But replacing him with 4 below top level managers and having no recruitment policy is what has done for them.

if they had got Guardiola and that back room team and structure then no one would be saying anything about Ferguson

Did you even read what I wrote?

All those years of success under Ferguson have raised the bar for them to the point where the weight of their expectations is a hindrance.

17 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

All those years of success under Ferguson have raised the bar for them to the point where the weight of their expectations is a hindrance.

It’s not the weight of expectations that’s the problem, but probably the fact that Ferguson ran the whole ship for so long and was so powerful that there was no infrastructure in place when he left.

I agree with CWD that had they gone the City route of basically bringing in Barcelona they would have done fine - but probably too many competing agendas to be able to do that.

Even Ferguson would struggle more these days. He had 26 years barring the odd few of being the richest club in the world and definitely in the country as soon as other sides could financially compete or even spend more, dominance wasn't as assured that's in no way to knock him as a manager or his achievements. Losing him was massive but theyre a big fish in a pond with other big fish at a time when patience is shorter than ever.

It's shown a quick fix doesn't cut it and long term planning is what's needed, thats the terrifying thing about city and what abhu Dhabi are doing with their club as a whole investing on an unprecedented scale in every area, which in my opinion could eventually kill the league competitively.

9 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It’s not the weight of expectations that’s the problem, but probably the fact that Ferguson ran the whole ship for so long and was so powerful that there was no infrastructure in place when he left.

I agree with CWD that had they gone the City route of basically bringing in Barcelona they would have done fine - but probably too many competing agendas to be able to do that.

Disagree. You can't be that successful for that long and not have it affect you when it turns to shit.

Prime example being Liverpool FC. 

A quick look on Redcafe and they have a poll about Wednesday's game and would they take a loss against City. Almost to a man they are saying City win, some acknowledge that based on recent results it's completely out of their hands.

Some are saying they will be fuming if their team shows some grit and balls and actually get something from the game (that is not a hiding)

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

A quick look on Redcafe and they have a poll about Wednesday's game and would they take a loss against City. Almost to a man they are saying City win, some acknowledge that based on recent results it's completely out of their hands.

Some are saying they will be fuming if their team shows some grit and balls and actually get something from the game (that is not a hiding)

I don’t think I could blame them. They are shit. They probably won’t make top 4 regardless. 

1 minute ago, General Dryness said:

Disagree. You can't be that successful for that long and not have it affect you when it turns to shit.

Prime example being Liverpool FC. 

Ok, it but if it doesn’t turn to shit then it doesn’t affect you. 

Shankly left us with high expectations, Paisley even higher, but we kept going because we had the infrastructure in place from the boot room to John Smith to Peter Robinson. When those people left we gradually appointed lower calibre people, and that’s what brought about the problems. 

The Mancs have had that all in one go because the Glazers only care about money, and had been protected by Ferguson from needing to make any football decisions, and Ferguson had no interest in planning a successful succession.

Do you not think if they had appointed Begueristain(sp?) and Guardiola they would be exactly where Man City are right now?

Sky were calling the Manchester derby an iconic game yesterday.  In the media they all pretend like City bother them as well for some reason when it’s blatantly obvious they don’t.  It’s clearly something else that they’re struggling to attain despite all their wealth.  You can’t just buy rivalry.  It would be the equivalent of Tranmere getting billions and suddenly appearing top of the premier league.  I just don’t think I’d find myself giving a shit even though they’re probably as close as the two Manchester clubs are.  It’s why all they’re fans are happy to throw the game.  City are a fucking irrelevance emotionally other than stopping us winning things.

All this talk of clearouts at old Trafford is hilarious as well.  Who is going to buy any of these cunts that they’re paying 2-3 times their worth.  They probably couldn’t give half of them away for free.  When you actively want to sell a player or players then you aren’t going to get the same price as what clubs do for players they don’t want to sell.  Nobody is paying 100m for Pogba, nobody is paying 50m+ for De Gea either, same goes for Sanchez and Lukaku and that’s not even looking at the complete crabs they’ve got at the club.  Most of that squad will be there next season and Solskjaer will be out on his arse before Christmas.

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Sky were calling the Manchester derby an iconic game yesterday.  In the media they all pretend like City bother them as well for some reason when it’s blatantly obvious they don’t.  It’s clearly something else that they’re struggling to attain despite all their wealth.  You can’t just buy rivalry.  It would be the equivalent of Tranmere getting billions and suddenly appearing top of the premier league.  I just don’t think I’d find myself giving a shit even though they’re probably as close as the two Manchester clubs are.  It’s why all they’re fans are happy to throw the game.  City are a fucking irrelevance emotionally other than stopping us winning things.

All this talk of clearouts at old Trafford is hilarious as well.  Who is going to buy any of these cunts that they’re paying 2-3 times their worth.  They probably couldn’t give half of them away for free.  When you actively want to sell a player or players then you aren’t going to get the same price as what clubs do for players they don’t want to sell.  Nobody is paying 100m for Pogba, nobody is paying 50m+ for De Gea either, same goes for Sanchez and Lukaku and that’s not even looking at the complete crabs they’ve got at the club.  Most of that squad will be there next season and Solskjaer will be out on his arse before Christmas.

They're going to take an enormous hit for sure. They will get their money back on Pogba and Martial .

There is no other choice , the team they have at the moment is a basket case. They downed tools under Mourinho and seem to be doing the same after brief effort for Ogs. You can't keep players that won't perform and add to that some of them are shite anyway means they must clear the decks.

16 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I think Pogba will leave for Real Madrid. Zidane is reportedly a big fan.

Forget what the fans would prefer, United will go out all guns blazing against City, not saying they will win or even draw, but they will give it a go.

The rivalry between us and them is mainly down to the fans, united need Champions League football desperately for the money and the ability to attract quality new players. OGS needs it for his career and the players need it to salvage pride, keep in the managers plans or get themselves out of there. 

• Like 1

I think the players and management will be stung by how completely fucking awful they were at Goodison.  There will be a marked improvement from that; but it won't make a blind bit of difference, because City are much, much better than them in every single square inch of the pitch.

Comfortable win for City.

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I think  people going to the game are different from internet fans. Any way once you’re into a game you want your team to win. That’s a natural reaction. United will try to win the game but it’s not sure they actually have the ability ...,

Yesterday was perfect for us in some ways in that they’re being completely challenged on how awful they were.

The players will give it a go, but still, it’s probably unlikely to make much difference to the result.

Weren’t we in a similar position against Chelsea in 2010? We needed to beat them to keep United in the hunt, but we were so bad Aquilani was our best player.  

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

I did read it and I get your point totally.

It’s just if you told me now that we could have Klopp for 25 years and he would win what Ferguson did then I wouldn’t see those raised expectations post Klopp as a problem. It’s the making terrible football decisions that I see as the main problem (actually, it’s not a problem, i fucking love it happening to them) but agree the expectations are a handicap for any manager they bring in now until they win a couple of big trophies.

Anyway, I’m borderline giving them credit for the Ferguson era and I’m not comfortable with that so fuck them! Hope they get the point Wednesday then never get a point again the gang of shit houses. Solskjaer is miles out his depth

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Yup.

I talk about this all the time but we fans speak about players' fees, but clubs look at the total cost/season. So if you want to look at it from a buying club's point of view, wages will play a huge factor in the fee you're willing to pay.

Our most expensive player in terms of total cost (fee amortisation + wages) is Virgil, who costs us just under 23m/season. You'd imagine that a midfielder like Pogba, if you think you can get him back to his best, peak age midfielder, the most anyone's going to pay is maybe 30m/season, total.

I think he's on 300k/week, no? And he's asking for even more? So that is 15m/season, probably 18m/season or more by the time you pay his agent and give him a pay rise to move to Madrid. That leaves you 12m/season on his fee. So if you think he'll be really good for 5 years you give him a 5-year deal, meaning the fee can't be over 60m.

They're going to lose a LOT of money on some of those players. It's possible they'll put out a figure of 90m for the papers and then give him and his agent 30m so that they sign a lower-wage deal, but it won't matter. They won't get more than 60m for him that they get to keep. And that's just Pogba, some of the others they've got to sell would be much worse. I shudder to think how much money they'd have to pay Sanchez just to go away this summer.

• Upvote 4