You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

27 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's the whole "give him time, he'll get it right" and the "it's not Solskjaer, his players have let him down" stuff from Neville and others that makes me shake my head and laugh in equal measures. 

What exactly are they basing this on? What have they seen so far in his managerial career so they can suggest he's operating with one hand tied behind his back and being held back by the weak squad or players not trying? It's bullshit. He's been relegated. He's managed in Norway. He was a player in a successful team. That's about it. 

His press conference today was telling. A nostalgic, feel good appointment to get the fans onside. Bringing up the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Irwin etc. We've been there and done that. It was a managerial appointment with one bleary eye on reliving the past, rather than having an appointment who has a focused stare on the future. 

Yeah his appointment was a bow to the past but sometimes you have to accept that the past is gone and rip it up. Then, things come full circle. Right now, we have the identity and team spirit  just like our glory days. 

Their fans love him and i can see why, because he's a nod to the past. However, it would have been like us getting in Stevie Nicol, Steve McMahon or Ronnie Whelan around 1999 to try and bring back the glory days. The rot has set in there and they need a proper top manager with a project rather than him.

He's grossly overrated in all aspects. He's not even in the top 20 best players in the league. I've never once worried about what he can do against us. He's a stat padding flat track bully of a player, who only turns up against cannon fodder.

• Upvote 1

That's why Souness is always having a pop imo. Modern fans don't seem to know how good Souness was and think it's some anti manc thing. Souness can see how good he could be, that if he wanted it and had the right attitude he could be what he's hyped up to be. He just doesn't want to do the work that comes with it. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

That's way Souness is always having a pop imo. Modern fans don't seem to know how good Souness was and think it's some anti manc thing. Souness can see how good he could be, that if he wanted it and had the right attitude he could be what he's hyped up to be. He just doesn't want to do the work that comes with it. 

Exactly this

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, he was the third best midfielder there and was only given the freedom to do what he did due to the brilliance and responsibility of the other two.

He wouldn't work here or at City because he's a lazy, egotistical cunt that's not even half as good as he thinks he is. Neither Guardiola or Klopp would tolerate him.

His next move will be to PSG. Where he can stroll through games as they play against teams that would get stuffed in League One.

Exactly, no way would Klopp have him, you have to be a good team player in his teams.

46 minutes ago, Elite said:

He wants the job but doesn't want all the responsibility that comes with it, so he ends up coming across a complete soft touch with the players as he wants to be mates with them all, bows down to the Fergie and Charlton. He's trying to please everyone involved the club, which isn't possible when you're the manager.

Now get it right he always refers to Fergie as “the gaffer” - it’s nauseating!

• Upvote 2

I also think Lingaard is an issue. He's a bang average player that looks to have a lot of sway in the player group. I imagine him to be E.B Farnum to Pogbas Al Swearengen, singing to Pogbas tune and influencing some of the other players. The fact that he has his own clothing line is embarrassing, Karius might be shit but at least he's a stylish/good looking bloke.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

I also think Lingaard is an issue. He's a bang average player that looks to have a lot of sway in the player group. I imagine him to be E.B Farnum to Pogbas Al Swearengen, singing to Pogbas tune and influencing some of the other players. The fact that he has his own clothing line is embarrassing, Karius might be shit but at least he's a stylish/good looking bloke.

hqdefault.jpg 

• Upvote 3

I don't think the issue with United is any of the players in particular so much as it is a general malaise as the club as a whole slumps down from their previous highs.

I mean, obviously they'd be a lot better if their best players would bother turning up consistently, but the real problem is higher up the food chain. The best part is watching their fans come to terms with it and lower their standards, bit by bit. As mentioned Lingaard is a great example: he's a perfectly serviceable player if he's deep in your squad as your 3rd or 4th-best attacking midfielder and you're trying to just finish top four. Or if you're Everton or Leicester he's one of your best players and you're excited to have him.

But if you want to win the league he should never be seeing the pitch outside of serious injury crises or FA Cup games. He's just not good enough.

We should know this better than anyone. We went from having Souness and Dalglish to trying to be positive about Lucas and Riera. And then when it got even worse, we were thinking of Lucas and Riera as solid starters because at least they were better than Charlie Adam and Joe Cole.

This is where United are right now. They're about two years of more transfer failures away from being so bad that instead of McTominay and Lingaard being their scapegoats that they blame for everything, they think of THEM as the "decent, hard-working players" who are at least better than the real garbage. You could say that they have yet to buy their Adam or their Cole, and they may never do so, but you know what? Fred so far looks a huge bust and might not be that much better than Charlie Adam was for us. Give it a year and Woodward could find a way to spend £40m on some aging overrated English attacker on his last legs who would be their version of Joe Cole. Maybe Vardy?

• Upvote 5

It won't be that great

They'll all wait till after the game. If they get battered they'll claim they're delighted as we won't win the league and that worth no champions league. If they get something ng(they won't) they'll claim they don't care about us, they hate City and that the wheels are back on and they'll finish top 4. I hope they draw and miss out on top 4 by a single point 

• Upvote 2

There's nothing funnier than them going through a crisis. Their fans are absolute cunts and they despise us. 

Nothing hurts them more than them being shit and us being good. Manc fans love calling us bindippers despite Salford and Manchester being fucking shit holes with worse car robbing and gun crime. Fuck them. The fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1