You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Arsenal's pathetic surrender to the Owl's parliament means that Man Utd have it all to play for. Will their fans still crave a heavy defeat or will this opportunity see them rise above their base, Everton-esque urges?

What the fuck is this? Fuck that mild positivity right off.

2 hours ago, Captain said:

He's now lost 6 of the last 8.

It's their worst run of results since 1989.

I read today they have not lost five away games in succession since 1981. Today was their fourth away defeat in a row. Since he signed the contract, they have turned to dog turd. 

Maybe they should appoint Paul Scholes just for the match against Man Shitty. 

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Has De Gea taken root or something?

Doesn't look like a goalkeeper anymore.

He wants to leave because they won't give him 350 grand a week. Alexis Sanchez got 400 grand a week and has done fuck all apart from walking his dogs on Llandudno pier.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If the Goblin Prince gives team talks like he speaks in his press conference, no wonder they’re in the shit.

As Jennings says, he’s weak.

He wants the job but doesn't want all the responsibility that comes with it, so he ends up coming across a complete soft touch with the players as he wants to be mates with them all, bows down to the Fergie and Charlton. He's trying to please everyone involved the club, which isn't possible when you're the manager.

It's the whole "give him time, he'll get it right" and the "it's not Solskjaer, his players have let him down" stuff from Neville and others that makes me shake my head and laugh in equal measures. 

What exactly are they basing this on? What have they seen so far in his managerial career so they can suggest he's operating with one hand tied behind his back and being held back by the weak squad or players not trying? It's bullshit. He's been relegated. He's managed in Norway. He was a player in a successful team. That's about it. 

His press conference today was telling. A nostalgic, feel good appointment to get the fans onside. Bringing up the likes of Giggs, Beckham, Irwin etc. We've been there and done that. It was a managerial appointment with one bleary eye on reliving the past, rather than having an appointment who has a focused stare on the future. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If the Goblin Prince gives team talks like he speaks in his press conference, no wonder they’re in the shit.

As Jennings says, he’s weak.

Incredibly, as evidenced by his constant referral to “Sir Alex”, as I’ve said a million times, he wont  see Christmas, I fucking guarantee it

Moving to United was a career suicide for Pogba. He went from being the ‘x factor’ in a well-oiled machine to being the main man in a dysfunctional team. He’s clearly a good footballer if a bit inconsistent. Obviously never ever gonna happen, but Pogba would thrive for us or City I reckon, where he wouldn’t be asked to do it all.

Just a reminder of what he’s capable of, in the right system.

4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Moving to United was a career suicide for Pogba. He went from being the ‘x factor’ in a well-oiled machine to being the main man in a dysfunctional team. He’s clearly a good footballer if a bit inconsistent. Obviously never ever gonna happen, but Pogba would thrive for us or City I reckon, where he wouldn’t be asked to do it all.

He looked good a Juve but he was pretty free to do what he wanted. He didn't have to track back or get box to box with Pirlo and a fully fit and peak level Vidal doing the dirty work. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He looked good a Juve but he was pretty free to do what he wanted. He didn't have to track back or get box to box with Pirlo and a fully fit and peak level Vidal doing the dirty work. 

He was a box-to-box midfielder, playing mostly on the left of a midfield diamond. His main duty was to create, and he excelled. United at the moment aren’t quite good enough to provide the platform he needs to excel IMO. To me he’s a the very definition of a luxury player. 

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I genuinely wouldn't want him, even for free. No doubt he has bags of talent but he's proving to be an absolute virus to Man United dressing room. The fans still won't call him out on it, they think once they get different players/managers he'll turn into an all conquering superstar but we all know that's not going to happen.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yes, he was the third best midfielder there and was only given the freedom to do what he did due to the brilliance and responsibility of the other two.

He wouldn't work here or at City because he's a lazy, egotistical cunt that's not even half as good as he thinks he is. Neither Guardiola or Klopp would tolerate him.

His next move will be to PSG. Where he can stroll through games as they play against teams that would get stuffed in League One.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He was a box-to-box midfielder, playing mostly on the left of a midfield diamond. His main duty was to create, and he excelled. United at the moment aren’t quite good enough to provide the platform he needs to excel IMO. To me he’s a the very definition of a luxury player. 

Box to box would have meant he dropped back to defend aswell. He rarely did. Pirlo sat deep and dictated everything and Vidal ran his arse off. Pogba was pretty much free to just pick the ball up and run and do his thing without the defensive duty

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

I genuinely wouldn't want him, even for free. No doubt he has bags of talent but he's proving to be an absolute virus to Man United dressing room. The fans still won't call him out on it, they think once they get different players/managers he'll turn into an all conquering superstar but we all know that's not going to happen.

I don’t want him either, mainly because it wouldn’t be worth the cost. All I’m saying is in the right setup, he’d be a very good player. Think the role Lampard played for Chelsea under Mourinho, alongside Makelele and Essien.