You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

I can't be happy about this appointment. I've pretty much all along hoped he'd get it rather than them going and getting someone good, but now he has the job I feel I have to respect the results so far and he might actually do a decent job for them. 

To bring some balance to what he's done, I imagine after a similar number of games sarri was being hailed as the 2nd coming. And now look at the poor cunt. 

But ultimately they had a good squad and he's allowed the players a framework to show that. I would expect next season for them to be the club most likely to close the gap on us and city.  

51 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I can't be happy about this appointment. I've pretty much all along hoped he'd get it rather than them going and getting someone good, but now he has the job I feel I have to respect the results so far and he might actually do a decent job for them. 

To bring some balance to what he's done, I imagine after a similar number of games sarri was being hailed as the 2nd coming. And now look at the poor cunt. 

But ultimately they had a good squad and he's allowed the players a framework to show that. I would expect next season for them to be the club most likely to close the gap on us and city.  

I was slightly concerned too a few weeks back but the past few times I've seen them they've been woeful. I honestly think this will be another poor, short-term appointment for them. Well behind us and City next season is my guess

11 hours ago, DimReaper said:

I was slightly concerned too a few weeks back but the past few times I've seen them they've been woeful. I honestly think this will be another poor, short-term appointment for them. Well behind us and City next season is my guess

Hope you're right. They've struggle with injuries lately though, so that will impact results even if those injuries they can still roll out a team that cost 400m. 

I watched a good bit of their game yesterday.

Watford have a cup semi final next weekend and are safe so would have been forgiven for taking their eye off the ball but they battered them everywhere except the scoreboard. The mancs played 9 behind the ball and played long balls to Rashford and Martial. It wasn't strategic counter attacking play, it was desperate and rushed. Watford with an extra bit of composure and quality could have scored 3 or 4 more, easily. They had 20 shots on goal. 

Solksjaer made personnel changes but tactically nothing and I genuinely believe he wont last until Christmas as this sort of luck runs out. He had 1 injury to deal with

9 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Just been over to Red Cafe and they are already turning on Ole haha ffs next season will be fun if he turns out to be shit. 

Yup. He's already turned into a "sentimental hire" when a month ago he was the next Guardiola. 

Even if it’s more wasted time and opportunity to start modernising the club that’s great.

If it wastes some big money and sees them miss out on managers who would be a good fit for them all the better.

Though I think on the latter that can (with a chubby hamster inside) has just been kicked down the road a bit.

They feel like us in the mid 90s. I just can't see how a guy like Pogba can be controlled to be a good influence in a dressing room. They could do with hungry lads like Neves and Doherty from Wolves, but they will keep chasing hollywood signings and a nice bloke like Ole won't be able to manage the egos. He's their Roy Evans.

Them needing to take points off City is a good thing. Ideally, they win their next two games and are needing the win against City. If they are up for it, they could beat City on their day.

• Upvote 3

Spurs have world class players but they look ropey right now. We really need them to get their confidence back heading to Manc land. They could take points off them but my feeling is it will be a hard fought 3 points for city.

United will be a horrible game for City imo. Derbies can level very good teams and mediocre ones like us and Everton. Imo the difference is nowhere near as great between United and City. United have some really top class players, though i am scared at the thought of their attack running at Jones and Smalling.