You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

We probably shouldn't write OGS off completely. He has damn sight better squad than Slur left Gollum and a huge budget . Provided he gets decent support and guidance he could realistically get top 4 and reverse their fortunes next season. 

I agree. The results he's had so far have been very good (obviously!) and even though they've had easy opposition, these results were not taken for granted at the end of Mourinho's reign, which started to feel a bit like Hodgson's half season with us at the end. 

And I desperately hope they hire him (OGS that is. Or Woy. Both would do). 

No doubt he has given them a lift but them players clearly downed tools for Mourinho and that is a fucking disgrace. Regardless of Mourinho being a complete fucking tramp, they are paid far too much money by the club and should be expected to turn up for work ready to play everyday. Cunts. That Pogba needs a serious hiding. Cant decide who is a bigger brat, him or Balotelli. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

No doubt he has given them a lift but them players clearly downed tools for Mourinho and that is a fucking disgrace. Regardless of Mourinho being a complete fucking tramp, they are paid far too much money by the club and should be expected to turn up for work ready to play everyday. Cunts. That Pogba needs a serious hiding. Cant decide who is a bigger brat, him or Balotelli. 

I remember a certain spaniard doing exactly the same for us. Don't become a bloo that you criticise other teams players for doing exactly what pur players have done in the past.

20 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

I remember a certain spaniard doing exactly the same for us. Don't become a bloo that you criticise other teams players for doing exactly what pur players have done in the past.

You mean torres? I think the rest of his career illustrated he was just finished as we ran him in the ground. 

On 1/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, SlugTrail said:

We had a Brazilian more recently who had a phantom back problem too,and who some people want back.

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, Barry Wom said:

You mean torres? I think the rest of his career illustrated he was just finished as we ran him in the ground. 

Ran him into the ground? He was around 25-28 when he was here and averaged about 20 games a season. Hardly flogging a dead cunt, I mean horse.

1 hour ago, SammyAftershave said:

I can see him getting the gig. My suspicion being that he would, for most part, be carrying out Taggart's instructions from the stands.

I doubt Ferguson will be that heavily involved these days. If he's available to advise then Solksjaer would be foolish not to listen. 

Mourinho was backed to the hilt at United for years -- every signing he made was a disaster almost to a tee & his recruitment plans over the past 12 months were absolutely bonkers. Tabling the likes of Perisic, Willian, Maguire etc. as transfer targets while freezing out world class talents like Martial & Pogba.

Somewhere over the years Mourinho transformed himself from the sleazy-but-debonair serial-winner of the mid-2000s into some strange Redknapp/Allardyce fusion intent on filling clubs with old, over-the-hill cloggers on enormous salaries with a playing style so turgid it almost became a parody of itself. I really really hope Solskjaer gets that job because watching him fail miserably which he most assuredly will do will be even more satisfying than Mourinho's nervous breakdown there.

8 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Mourinho was backed to the hilt at United for years -- every signing he made was a disaster almost to a tee & his recruitment plans over the past 12 months were absolutely bonkers. Tabling the likes of Perisic, Willian, Maguire etc. as transfer targets while freezing out world class talents like Martial & Pogba.

Somewhere over the years Mourinho transformed himself from the sleazy-but-debonair serial-winner of the mid-2000s into some strange Redknapp/Allardyce fusion intent on filling clubs with old, over-the-hill cloggers on enormous salaries with a playing style so turgid it almost became a parody of itself. I really really hope Solskjaer gets that job because watching him fail miserably which he most assuredly will do will be even more satisfying than Mourinho's nervous breakdown there.

Hate Mourinho, but I listened to a few players he managed like Terry, duff, lampard, ibrahimovic and figo talk about him and they genuinely love him. He was a great manager, but somewhere along the way he lost the ability to relate to players. Part of it may be that he wasn't able to relate to Millenial footballers as well, whereas jurgen, pep and poch can.

• Upvote 1

Mourinho can keep talking about how bad United were to work with because he knows his trophy cabinet will put him the right according to the media and because United are run by a finance guy, not a "football man". 

In reality, their board eventually refusing to cater to his old and shite transfer targets and their desire for their young players to be made the fulcrum of the team were absolutely the correct things to do.

If Mourinho had been our manager, our directors would have stopped backing him as well because his strategy has no long-term benefit. 

And yeah, it's clear he has no idea how to relate to the new generation of players.