You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

United now are like us in the mid 90s. A few really talented players but no great leaders in there. If they think a player who downs tools because he doesn't like the manager is the future, then it will go badly wrong. Ole will be their Roy Evans. He won't be able to control the egos and if he thinks the average millenial player gives a shit about that balmy night in barcelona he's in for a shock.

United need an Ancelloti. A man the players would like, but who is tough enough to give them a bollocking and not give a shit about it. Also, he's managed Real Madrid which is the biggest club in the world and a far bigger challenge than the Mancs.

ive just watched that motd 2 shite. 

I know the preseneter is a manc, but fuck me he's beaming from ear to ear as if he's just had a threesome with 2 hot swedish blondes.

What a wank fest, i had to turn it off. He was making snide little comments to Jenas as well. (who is a knob)

im happy they've taken points from Spurs, but i wish someone would just go and smash these twats and pyt them back in their little box.

Do they play anyone of note before we play them?

As sickening as would be to see them cunts go on a run up until our game, id take enormous pleasure in twatting them in front of their inbred crowd. 

The media fawning is entirely predictable, but are we really supposed to be impressed by that showing today? They gave up 11 shots on target. 11. They created some chances as well but it's a total shithouse result. 

And then Ole in an interview after says they don't do "stupid square or back passes, that's not what Man United is about". I mean Jesus Christ, this is a guy who after relegating Cardiff, has been decent for about 5 weeks and just absolutely stole one. It's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

United now are like us in the mid 90s. A few really talented players but no great leaders in there. If they think a player who downs tools because he doesn't like the manager is the future, then it will go badly wrong. Ole will be their Roy Evans. He won't be able to control the egos and if he thinks the average millenial player gives a shit about that balmy night in barcelona he's in for a shock.

United need an Ancelloti. A man the players would like, but who is tough enough to give them a bollocking and not give a shit about it. Also, he's managed Real Madrid which is the biggest club in the world and a far bigger challenge than the Mancs.

They need a definite structure to go forward with. I'm not sure they have one. 

On 1/2/2019 at 11:00 PM, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Won his first four games; the new Busby.

Ideally they pick up enough points to narrowly miss out on a CL place, but feel they have to keep him on. A decent showing against City later in the season wouldn't hurt either, so I'm all aboard the Ole train.

It's all shaping up nicely...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The media fawning is entirely predictable, but are we really supposed to be impressed by that showing today? They gave up 11 shots on target. 11. They created some chances as well but it's a total shithouse result. 

And then Ole in an interview after says they don't do "stupid square or back passes, that's not what Man United is about". I mean Jesus Christ, this is a guy who after relegating Cardiff, has been decent for about 5 weeks and just absolutely stole one. It's embarrassing. 

That will come back to haunt him. Once he’s gets past the no pressure cos I’m new and everything is rosy stage, he’ll soon change. 

On 1/3/2019 at 10:58 AM, Section_31 said:

They've played some average sides and Pogba is playing for a move. I don't like seeing them win but if he gets a summer transfer kitty out of it and spends a quarter of a billion pounds on Jamie Vardy then it's all grist to the mill.

The best thing about the mancs is that they believe their own bullshit. They'll start to think it's destiny and that he'd a product of their own bootroom (which they've never really had) but in actual fact he's a proven premiership failure.

They're incapable as a club of doing things for pragmatic, dispassionate reasons, everything has to have a story or be for show - that's why they keep buying big name players they don't need. 

As long as that's the culture of the club, they're fucked.

You have pretty much described ourselves for a good few years there, until Klopp took over.

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

It's getting harder to suggest a better choice for sure. This dweeb understands the club and everything. 

Indeed.

With glaringly obvious caveats there’s some similarities to Kenny returning in 2010/2011 here, in that it’s thrown the shackles off a period of football and managerial style so depressing, fans and players alike are currently enjoying pure escapism.

If United have any sense they’ll just enjoy it for what it is relative to what it’s replaced. Instead it’s going to tap deeply into their pathological denial they’re not the big dog anymore, and spark nostalgic delusions about the second coming of Ferguson. 

At worst I can see it ending up making anyone new’s job to win the fans/media narrative over twice as hard, because they’ll all want the goblin to keep it now for the big romantic story. 

At best he gets kept on and is given access to an absolute ton of cash in the summer he’s nowhere near qualified to spend.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, magicrat said:

We probably shouldn't write OGS off completely. He has damn sight better squad than Slur left Gollum and a huge budget . Provided he gets decent support and guidance he could realistically get top 4 and reverse their fortunes next season. 

The thing is, all those factors exist whoever takes over. Given their bottomless resources it will always be hoping for least worst option from everyone else’s point of view.

In my opinion what they really need to do to keep step with the top clubs of today is modernise. Any form of Solskjaer/Class of 92/Nostalgic-Ferguson trip down memory lane is by definition rooted in the past and less sustainable in this era, while tempting them to delay necessary systemic changes.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They gave up 11 shots on target. 11. They created some chances as well but it's a total shithouse result. 

And then Ole in an interview after says they don't do "stupid square or back passes, that's not what Man United is about"

If this is correct even OGS seems to be joining the wank party. A proper manager would’ve been concerned about the 11 shots on target and realize they were pretty goddamned lucky.

We shouldn’t be too proud ourselves either. We weren’t even close to good enough against Brighton in our win. We were awful first half and only managed to get some chances when they had to come out of their cave searching an equalizer.  

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The thing is, all those factors exist whoever takes over. Given their bottomless resources it will always be hoping for least worst option from everyone else’s point of view.

In my opinion what they really need to do to keep step with the top clubs of today is modernise. Any form of Solskjaer/Class of 92/nostalgic Ferguson trip down memory lane is by definition rooted in the past and less sustainable in this era, while tempting them to delay necessary systemic changes.

Fair point and I don't disagree . They could however make the changes with OGS in place. Impossible with Mourinho flouncing every 5 minutes or even someone like LvG who was set in ways. A rookie cheerleader like OGS would be unlikely to oppose new appointments to oversee

transfers and the way the club is structured. Phelan is no mug and will hold his hand.

The groundswell is growing - I caught a glimpse of the aftermath of their win over Spurs and the whole backroom staff is a manc wet dream, with loads of Class of 92® and other assorted club litter high fiving one another. If they do even remotely well there'll be petitions to keep this little sewing circle in place because it's going to let them all think that - after sacking their last three managers - they're special, different and better than other clubs with a rich tradition of Doing Things Properly, the United Way and all that bollocks.

Solskjaer has tapped into that brilliantly to be honest, with all his self-congratulatory wank about "this is how United are supposed to play" just because Pogba has lashed a few through balls forward. He'd barely be tapping into the zeitgeist more if he had Clive Tyldesley sitting on his knee on the bench parroting about the balmy night in Barcelona every time Carrick pulls astring from behind.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

The groundswell is growing - I caught a glimpse of the aftermath of their win over Spurs and the whole backroom staff is a manc wet dream, with loads of Class of 92® and other assorted club litter high fiving one another. If they do even remotely well there'll be petitions to keep this little sewing circle in place because it's going to let them all think that - after sacking their last three managers - they're special, different and better than other clubs with a rich tradition of Doing Things Properly, the United Way and all that bollocks.

Solskjaer has tapped into that brilliantly to be honest, with all his self-congratulatory wank about "this is how United are supposed to play" just because Pogba has lashed a few through balls forward. He'd barely be tapping into the zeitgeist more if he had Clive Tyldesley sitting on his knee on the bench parroting about the balmy night in Barcelona every time Carrick pulls astring from behind.

It's great stuff. Schmeichal for Director of Football too and free bacon for all!