You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Mourinho would have won those 4 games. It doesn't really tell us much apart from maybe the players were a bit shithouse not playing for the previous manager (even if he was a twat).

would he though? if he won all the easy games, he would still be in a job. 

i am struggling to hate OGS and Idon't know why. I can't decide if it's because I am hoping he gets the job permanently or if it is because he's not been a twat yet - but up to now he isn't pissing me off aside from the results and I have to be honest, I am not that arsed about them - just as someone said earlier, let's hope he gets really close to getting 4th. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Southgate seems like a clever chap. He somehow managed to fall into a bucket of thumbs with the England job and came out sucking a tit. I'm not sure he would be that keen on jumping into one of the biggest jobs in football when he can have white van men up and down the country buying waistcoats and chanting his name when he sneaks a win against Lichtenstein or some other shite.

• Upvote 6

46 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Even if they don't manage to snare Southgate this is awfully telling about their planning. They seem to be still at the get a plan stage. 

Or after pocchetinos comments this week, they're realising they may not get him and they're already moving onto plan c (assuming plan a was Zidane and he turned them down earlier in the season). Give it a month, they'll be onto plan d of the great Ole. 

If they hired Southgate I honestly think I’d die from laughter.  He’s a fucking terrible manager.  He’d be absolutely batshit to not take it though.  His reputation is as high as it will ever get in the England job which will end in tears if he doesn’t resign himself.

The fan base would probably convince itself he’s the perfect choice as they’ve done with each manager they’ve hired.  It wouldn’t be long before they were in absolute meltdown though.

Any manager that goes there is only ever pissing Pogba off away from the players downing tools. He’s proved now that he’s bigger than the club by engineering the Maureen sack. Once Ole dares to challenge him or leave him out it could all go south very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Ginny said:

Any manager that goes there is only ever pissing Pogba off away from the players downing tools. He’s proved now that he’s bigger than the club by engineering the Maureen sack. Once Ole dares to challenge him or leave him out it could all go south very quickly. 

Yeah. He's a gigantic ego. Ole will keep him sweet though. Whether he can long term is another thing.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

If they hired Southgate I honestly think I’d die from laughter.  He’s a fucking terrible manager.  He’d be absolutely batshit to not take it though.  His reputation is as high as it will ever get in the England job which will end in tears if he doesn’t resign himself.

The fan base would probably convince itself he’s the perfect choice as they’ve done with each manager they’ve hired.  It wouldn’t be long before they were in absolute meltdown though.

I'd stick with the England job if I was him, it's the difference between being in a job for 6 months, or being in one for another 2-4 years. 

Plus the next international tournament is going to be hosted all over Europe and have a fair few games played at Wembley including the semi finals and final. A favourable draw again could put them in a position of playing a load of home games on the spin to winning the thing, could get lucky. 

He's clearly got the England players and fans on his side, doubt he'd be afforded the same luxury at the mancs. 

I disagree.  You’ve got to look at it objectively.  United is one of the biggest clubs in the world and they’re falling over themselves to spend hundreds of millions.  If you’re a manager like Southgate you’d be absolutely thick to turn it down.  England are never winning anything and when it all goes tits up he’s basically the English Chris Coleman and won’t ever be entered into the conversation again.  He shouldn’t even be considered now which shows what a desperate state they’re in.