You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

3 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Schmiechel, of danish peter fame, has decided that they should have a DoF

To add to that, he thinks he should get that job

the Christmas that keeps on giving 

This is the fella who thought Janet Jizz was the best player of his generation based on one goal against Sunderland.

Hope they just end up like the Blues Brothers and spend a fortune getting the band back together.

Personal I think it's outrageous that Paul Ince, Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes weren't given the job. Indivually or all together at once.

13 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Fuck the scrawny cunt. Fuck the Mancs. Hope they have a little lift before they implode again and that baby face grey haired old man gets swallowed up in it and Pogba self implodes in a self obsessed bitch fit 

That's a lot of imploding . 

They are getting some headlines now which takes a bit of attention of ourselves for a few weeks at least. He'll do ok I reckon. On paper they've a good midfield and attack so it won't take much to get them firing once the shackles are off. 

Their defence is awful so they could buy in Jan but it could be an expensive bit of sticky tape.

All in all it is enjoyable to see them in pieces and long may it last. Fuck them. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Won his first four games; the new Busby.

Ideally they pick up enough points to narrowly miss out on a CL place, but feel they have to keep him on. A decent showing against City later in the season wouldn't hurt either, so I'm all aboard the Ole train.

This is the ideal situation isn't it. My head says this needs to happen because in the long run it most probably will bury Man Utd deeper in shit. My heart though, not a nice feeling watching them winning and playing well. 

8 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Won his first four games; the new Busby.

Ideally they pick up enough points to narrowly miss out on a CL place, but feel they have to keep him on. A decent showing against City later in the season wouldn't hurt either, so I'm all aboard the Ole train.

Yeah but four games against shit opposition. Three of them in the bottom six, the other in 12th. Good run of matches for a bit of new manager bounce.

Spuds next. Utd won't have the common decency to win that one.

To be fair United have looked much better than they've ever been under the previous 3 managers. There's definitely a more positive vibe about United since Solskjaer has taken over and speaking objectively, it would make sense making him the permanent manager. They've tried experienced/big name managers and they've flopped spectacularly. Giving the job to a novice who has strong links to the club would be a good move.

They've played some average sides and Pogba is playing for a move. I don't like seeing them win but if he gets a summer transfer kitty out of it and spends a quarter of a billion pounds on Jamie Vardy then it's all grist to the mill.

The best thing about the mancs is that they believe their own bullshit. They'll start to think it's destiny and that he'd a product of their own bootroom (which they've never really had) but in actual fact he's a proven premiership failure.

They're incapable as a club of doing things for pragmatic, dispassionate reasons, everything has to have a story or be for show - that's why they keep buying big name players they don't need. 

As long as that's the culture of the club, they're fucked.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They've played some average sides and Pogba is playing for a move. I don't like seeing them win but if he gets a summer transfer kitty out of it and spends a quarter of a billion pounds on Jamie Vardy then it's all grist to the mill.

The best thing about the mancs is that they believe their own bullshit. They'll start to think it's destiny and that he'd a product of their own bootroom (which they've never really had) but in actual fact he's a proven premiership failure.

They're incapable as a club of doing things for pragmatic, dispassionate reasons, everything has to have a story or be for show - that's why they keep buying big name players they don't need. 

As long as that's the culture of the club, they're fucked.

I hope you're right.

I'm slightly worried this Solskjaer thing could work.

No, they've played no one of note under him yet.

Dreading the trip there though.

Hopefully we'll still be 7 clear when it happens.

Utd looked bang average against the Barcodes last night in the first half. Had Newcastle had a striker worthy of the name they would have lost. That said they have put in a shift under OGS which is a damning indictment of Mourinho than any testament to his ability.  

They’ve definitely been better than under that other twat, but they’ve played 4 shite teams.

midfield and up front they look ok, but I can’t think of 1 defender they have who would get in any of the top 4 teams....? And their ‘best in the world’ goalie wouldn’t get a game for any of them either. 

Newcastle are awful. We twatted them without getting out of second gear. Shearer pointed out that their strikers and midfielders cost the same last night as their strikers and midfielders did 20 years ago. There's literally no point to that club at the moment apart from earning Mike Ashley money.

Will be interesting to see how the Mancs get on against Spurs. If Spurs beat them the attitude will shift towards getting Pochettino, if the Mancs win then Solskjaer will be better than Matt Busby.

Hooreh for Oleh, the greatest manager since Busbeh. Except I'm struggling to think of a run of fixtures that you could better hand-pick, especially at this time of year.

They beat Newcastle late on, Lukaku scoring with his first touch having been brought on as a subsititute: he cost more than Newcastle's entire first team squad put together, and he's coming off the bench. They beat Huddersfield, rock bottom of the league and currently in the middle of an eight game losing streak. They beat Cardiff, a team that's arguably the worst to come out of the Championship in recent years and who's best player this year has been 200 year old Sol Bamba.

I know this is a tad Steve-O-esque, but that's three no-mark teams and Bournemouth - shoddy travellers - at home. He's meeting what would normally be expectations but such was the shitcoat tailspin he's being heralded as a genius. Hopefully it keeps up to some extent and he gets the job full time in the summer.

They have some good, young attacking players. That's probably their biggest asset besides De Gea. If they keep him and Pogba, in terms of their squad, I think they're the classic "1 player away in each line on the pitch" from contending for the title. Striker, creative CM/#10 and CB. They'll need to get the managerial appointment right obviously though which they've been awful at. 

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oggy the Noggy is just a puppet. Having Phelan back is a bigger worry.

Yeah, OGS doesn't do a lot of coaching I think, I think he'pretty much using the blueprint from Fergie's days, attack in numbers and with width/speed. Hopefully some clubs/managers will pick them off, as they are poor at the back. They will beat a lot more of the weaker sides under him than Mourinho, of that I'm sure. I think the top 3 will take them to the cleaners though, starting with Spurs next week.