You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Said before the draw that Bayern or Real would be my preferred choices. Real for revenge reasons (as well as being a bit on the decline I think), but Bayern are a bit like the Mancs at the moment. Wrong manager, boardroom unrest  and a declining/not quite good enough player base. Their defenders are either slow or slowish, and we are a nightmare matchup for them. Their midfield when all are fit is decent, but they need Robben, Koman and Lewandowski at 100 % to pose a threat to us. Mane and Salah will have a field day in the spaces behind Alaba/Kimmich (or whoever they use at RB when the time comes). I really rate Thiago, but he's fit once every blue moon.

I see us comfortably beating them both home and away (especially if we get a good result at Anfield). On to the Quarter-finals!

15 minutes ago, lebron said:

Said before the draw that Bayern or Real would be my preferred choices. Real for revenge reasons (as well as being a bit on the decline I think), but Bayern are a bit like the Mancs at the moment. Wrong manager, boardroom unrest  and a declining/not quite good enough player base. Their defenders are either slow or slowish, and we are a nightmare matchup for them. Their midfield when all are fit is decent, but they need Robben, Koman and Lewandowski at 100 % to pose a threat to us. Mane and Salah will have a field day in the spaces behind Alaba/Kimmich (or whoever they use at RB when the time comes). I really rate Thiago, but he's fit once every blue moon.

I see us comfortably beating them both home and away (especially if we get a good result at Anfield). On to the Quarter-finals!

My concern is that if we twat them out then they will move heaven and earth for Klopp in the summer. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

He is German. The Bayern job is the holy grail over there for managers. 

I always thought he'd turned it down in the past. I'm sure there was something about the clubs he said no to after leaving dortmund. Bayern, Madrid, and red Mancs were on the list. 

Might have been bullshit, or I might have imagined it. Fuck knows. 

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He is German. The Bayern job is the holy grail over there for managers. 

Dortmund is his Holy Grail. He has always criticised Bayern and rejoices at their losses because he's always hated their moneybags mentality. Look at the teams he's managed and you can see a pattern emerge regarding 'sleeping giants' and Bayern don't fit with his ethos. Bayern seem to have lost a bit of leverage in the transfer market as they are now buying lower standard German players when they'd previously been scouting the world. Their manager,Kovac,is also a long way short of the quality of manager they usually hire and I'd be surprised if he is still there when we play them.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Grinch said:

A lot of football to play before now and then.

Yep that's the thing this game is two months away , if we played them now I think we'd win (not comfortably as some have suggested as they're still a great side with shit loads of experience) but two months from now injuries, loss of form , confidence, VVD missing all play a massive part.

The beauty is Klopp won't even be thinking of this game and that's the way I'm going to be so I'm not even looking at this thread again till it's our next match so there 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dortmund is his Holy Grail. He has always criticised Bayern and rejoices at their losses because he's always hated their moneybags mentality. Look at the teams he's managed and you can see a pattern emerge regarding 'sleeping giants' and Bayern don't fit with his ethos. Bayern seem to have lost a bit of leverage in the transfer market as they are now buying lower standard German players when they'd previously been scouting the world. Their manager,Kovac,is also a long way short of the quality of manager they usually hire and I'd be surprised if he is still there when we play them.

That's how I see it. Klopp going to Bayern would be like Kenny going to the red Mancs.