You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bayern

VERBAL DIARRHEA

I've only just remembered that van Dijk is banned from the first game.

That is probably going to significantly affect how likely we are to go through. My first thought was that we could win 2-0 at home and then go to the Allianz and just hold onto that lead. But with him out it will be tough to keep them without an away goal. Hopefully Matip and Gomez are fully fit and ready to be firing that game.

Not the easiest of draws, but they're definitely beatable. 

This season they've conceded 2 or more against Ajax, Dortmund, Hertha Berlin, Monchengladbach and Fortuna Dusseldorf. They've also dropped points against Freiburg and Augsburg. 

Kovac isn't a great manager and they've definitely lost some of their awe with him at the helm. 

It'll be a close tie, but I don't see any reason why we can't go through. 

27 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The match that should have been last seasons final

I'd settle for a repeat of 81

Ridiculous foul on Gayle at 2.30 there. As clear as you'll see. No penalty.

Brilliant finish from Kennedy. Some footballer.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

Home, 19th February.

Away, 13th March.

At the risk of rationalising, if you look at the fixtures around those legs then playing the home one first probably helps us out on the league side of things.

We’ve got United away Sunday 24th Feb then Fulham away Saturday 16th March.

Far rather be going to Fulham after a midweek trip to Munich than United.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stickman said:

The match that should have been last seasons final

I'd settle for a repeat of 81

Semi final not even live on the tellybox remember listening on the radio in the Kitchen and going berserk when Ray Kennedy scored , scared the shit out of me old Mum when I ran into the living room screaming that we had scored happy days and a nailed on penalty to the brilliant Howie Gayle he ran the Germans ragged that night .

• Upvote 3

Town will be absolutely buzzing when we play the first leg. Can remember going out on the Friday after playing Augsburg and loads were still here. They were a decent lot. The Dortmund fans were great when we played them in the Europa. Met a load of Hoffenheim fans in the 12th man and they were great to have a laugh and a drink with. 

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

The van Dijk suspension could be huge. Massive task for the  CB to keep Lewanowski quiet. Hopefully we can get after them and bang a few in. Will need to. Watch out for shithousery from the wingers mind

Hopefully the Anfield factor will see us blow Bayern away together with their attacking threat and making VVD absence irrelevant. 

19 hours ago, Seasons said:

VD has lost us this fixture by interrupting Stig's winning streak. 

It's all fucked now, lads. 

Not having that.

We need to steer this thread towards a more general "Champions League draw" theme. 

Stig can sort the match thread out in February. 

• Upvote 1