You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) 21/12.

Bjornebye

39 minutes ago, Caramac said:

4wB1BtW.gif

Felt quite poetic seeing that, after seeing half the board getting nervous every time he got the ball and did a wee sprint, still not fast enough to get past our Virgil though. 

Felt even better seeing Traore getting hooked straight afterwards too, once his bossed realised his pony is going to need more than one trick. 

I can’t believe how thick some of you are.  Carragher and Neville were pretty much spot on in what they said.  In previous seasons neutrals and not so neutrals definitely loved watching us because whilst we played great football our matches were very unpredictable and we could lose goals and games very quickly with comical mistakes and gung-ho football.  It wasn’t very comfortable watching us and if you say it was then you’re lying.

This season it hasn’t been as exciting as we are scoring goals and then shutting teams out.  It’s been a lot more relaxing but a lot more boring for people who would like to see us lose or at least have some end to end games where the goals are going in back and forth.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

I can’t believe how thick some of you are.  Carragher and Neville were pretty much spot on in what they said.  In previous seasons neutrals and not so neutrals definitely loved watching us because whilst we played great football our matches were very unpredictable and we could lose goals and games very quickly with comical mistakes and gung-ho football.  It wasn’t very comfortable watching us and if you say it was then you’re lying.

This season it hasn’t been as exciting as we are scoring goals and then shutting teams out.  It’s been a lot more relaxing but a lot more boring for people who would like to see us lose or at least have some end to end games where the goals are going in back and forth.

You’re always so unnecessarily aggressive. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think Nuno and Wolves are doing a decent job, but they're still massively helped out by the fact that the most powerful agent in world football is directing some pretty talented players to them. They're not some Cinderella story. It's a pretty unfair arrangement, actually. 

Signing decent players is the first part and Wolves have a good/lucky system in place. Getting them to perform as a team is the next thing and Nuno is doing well with this. The Mancs have been signing the players too but Shitcoat failed in the second part. Credit where it is due from me. 

I honestly don’t know how you could watch Carragher talking there though and think he was saying no Liverpool fans like watching us play.  He literally said he was talking about before this season.  Yet you’ve then got people in here calling him a dunce etc.  He’s a highly experienced and knowledgable fella on football and he’s been great on telly.

You then get people who have a problem with him convincing themselves he’s saying something he’s not to back up their own idiotic opinion of him.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I honestly don’t know how you could watch Carragher talking there though and think he was saying no Liverpool fans like watching us play.  He literally said he was talking about before this season.  Yet you’ve then got people in here calling him a dunce etc.  He’s a highly experienced and knowledgable fella on football and he’s been great on telly.

You then get people who have a problem with him convincing themselves he’s saying something he’s not to back up their own idiotic opinion of him.

I wasn't actually watching, I was assuming he'd said that about this season, that's my bad. And also Carvalho for not saying it was about last season who I originally quoted. It's really mostly Carvalho's fault when you look at it but I'll accept partial responsibility because I'm big like that.

Don't know how you can say he's good on tv though. His best moments as a pundit have been the basic "low-hanging fruit bants" with Neville and he's an atrocious commentator. Not to mention he was suspended from tv last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I wasn't actually watching, I was assuming he'd said that about this season, that's my bad. And also Carvalho for not saying it was about last season who I originally quoted. It's really mostly Carvalho's fault when you look at it but I'll accept partial responsibility because I'm big like that.

Don't know how you can say he's good on tv though. His best moments as a pundit have been the basic "low-hanging fruit bants" with Neville and he's an atrocious commentator. Not to mention he was suspended from tv last year. 

You clearly don’t watch him which isn’t a shock.  Every Monday night he’s on it’s fantastic television.  I disagree with his opinions a lot of the time but the analysis of the weekends football is fantastic and like nothing we have really seen before.  They’ve had special guests on most of the season as well and it’s not been Neville every week like previously.

It seems to be the in thing to criticise Sky and pundits but the insight you get from them definitely gives you a better understanding of the game and the things that are happening.  There are obviously idiots that come in and chat shite but Carragher is not one of them which is clearly why he’s their main man.

”Not to mention he was suspended from TV last year.”

Are you a fucking manc or something?  What the fuck had that got to do with whether he’s a good commentator or pundit?

8 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You clearly don’t watch him which isn’t a shock.  Every Monday night he’s on it’s fantastic television.  I disagree with his opinions a lot of the time but the analysis of the weekends football is fantastic and like nothing we have really seen before.  They’ve had special guests on most of the season as well and it’s not been Neville every week like previously.

It seems to be the in thing to criticise Sky and pundits but the insight you get from them definitely gives you a better understanding of the game and the things that are happening.  There are obviously idiots that come in and chat shite but Carragher is not one of them which is clearly why he’s their main man.

Are you a fucking manc or something?  What the fuck had that got to do with whether he’s a good commentator or pundit?

Decent pundit. Shite commentator. Same as Neville.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Availability is the best ability. 

Secondly, what is this assuming I don't watch because I don't like him? As if that's a controversial opinion. He's nothing special as a pundit and like I said he's downright cringe-worthy on commentary. But part of it is star-power, and that's why he's there. Alex Scott and Liam Rosenior are just two examples of pundits who are way better, off the top of my head. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Availability is the best ability. 

Secondly, what is this assuming I don't watch because I don't like him? As if that's a controversial opinion. He's nothing special as a pundit and like I said he's downright cringe-worthy on commentary. But part of it is star-power, and that's why he's there. Alex Scott and Liam Rosenior are just two examples of pundits who are way better, off the top of my head. 

You were saying his best bits as a pundit were banter with Neville.  Even a complete braindead cunt if they had watched him would be able to tell you the specific tactical breakdowns he’s been doing of the best managers in the world and the way they set up their attacks and defences and the tactical changes they’ve made to improve and adjust against different team are something which no other pundits do. 

Alex Scott is the equivalent to a Sunday league footballer telling you a pass was great and a shot was really hard.  She’s beyond terrible.  You’re absolutely clueless.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You were saying his best bits as a pundit were banter with Neville.  Even a complete braindead cunt if they had watched him would be able to tell you the specific tactical breakdowns he’s been doing of the best managers in the world and the way they set up their attacks and defences and the tactical changes they’ve made to improve and adjust against different team are something which no other pundits do. 

Alex Scott is the equivalent to a Sunday league footballer telling you a pass was great and a shot was really hard.  She’s beyond terrible.  You’re absolutely clueless.

Haha, alright buddy. You can find similar tactical breakdowns online of the same quality all for the low, low price of an internet subscription, but if you find what he's doing revolutionary and think he's enhancing your football watching experience to the point that it riles you up that I disagree that's fine, I guess. Scott and Rosenior are far better talkers and as a result, could do what he does better if they had the platform.

I'll leave it at that and let you cool off. 

Carra and Neville are really good, I actually look forward to when they’re both on MNF as it’s superb viewing. I’ve never enjoyed watching people talk about football as much as I do them, on a regular basis.

I don’t always agree with them and at times I strongly disagree with some of their stuff but that’s par for the course of being a football fan.

As a footy fan though, I appreciate the lengths they go to, to explain stuff and add insight, injecting a bit of humour along the way.

Great TV for me.

• Upvote 2