You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) 21/12.

Bjornebye

I always ask for concentration and solidity from our back line, energy, intelligence and creativity from our midfielders, and mobility, incisiveness and ruthlessness from our forwards. We've wasted a lot of chances in recent games but the other aspects have been good. We need to continue with the stuff we've been doing right, but improve on our ruthlessness. We have what it takes to go out there and show it, so we just have to make sure that we do it, win, and curtail Wolves' recent winning streak. Get it done.

I find that when I post saying I'm optimistic about a game then we play great and win. And when I post saying I'm worried then we lose. (PSG away) 

So we are going to smesh these, easy. 

Then we'll smesh Newcastle, and we would have played every team in the league without getting beaten.

And then it's easy to just go ahead and do the same again to all the teams in the second half of the season. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They've been weirdly good against the top teams. Against City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, United, they've only lost once, 3-2 to Spurs. 

This will probably be one of the tougher games of the season. 

10 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tricky one this. They're a good side and I imagine that Kloppo will rest a few. Mind you, if they try to play football and open themselves up a bit it could play right into our hands.

Hehehe

No chance they try to play football against us. They are set up for counter attacking football, hence their results against the other top 6 teams. 

That's not to say they haven't got good footballers, as they certainly have. It's just as a team, Wolves are certainly more comfortable letting teams have the ball and hitting them on the break. The weekend win over Bournemouth further highlighted how comfortable Wolves are without possession.

No real secrets as to the formation they'll play, and you could pretty much predict the Wolves lineup now -

Patricio; Boly, Coady, Bennett; Jonny, Moutinho, Neves, Doherty; Jota, Jimenez, Costa. 

Costa & Jota are the only players I'd not be particularly confident about starting. Gibbs-White has been good for a young lad of late, then there's Adama Traore, so either of those 2 could possibly get in ahead of Costa, or replace Jota who picked up a knock against Bournemouth.

I'm sure we'll see a bit of rotation for this from Klopp, but I'd not expect too many changes, I think he'll save that for the home game against Newcastle on Boxing day. If Trent is fit, he returns ahead of Clyne and assuming Milner returns to fitness, he comes in for Keita. Harsh on Shaqiri after his winning goals on Sunday, but I reckon he'll start against Newcastle instead of this game.

Alisson; Trent, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum; Mane, Firmino, Salah.

• Upvote 4

Alisson; Trent, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum; Mane, Firmino, Salah.

This line up for me too assuming all fit. Shaq shouldn't start. Yesterday proved his real worth as an impact player. He's not great when we don't have the ball.

Concern now is obviously the CB's. Any injury to Lovren for the next month or so could be a real problem. If Virg goes down it would be devastating. Silly letting Klavan go imo and said so at the time.