You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Dec 8-14 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Dec 8:

Bournemouth 0 L 4 That’s more like it. We’ve had too many of those scrappy, narrow wins for comfort, so it was nice to see some of the old ruthlessness return. Salah was devastating and on this form he’s pretty much unstoppable. He completely terrorised poor old Steve Cook, who couldn’t even stop him by raking his studs down Mo’s achilles. The own goal he scored soon after was karma for that bad shithouse lunge he made.

Dunno what Mo’s problem was, but if looks could kill then our bench would resemble the killing fields based on the glares Salah was sending their way after every goal. It might be nothing, but I didn’t like it. It made me uneasy. Not to the point that it took the shine off the win, but it’s there, festering in the back of my mind. His general mood was fine, as we saw when he refused the MOTM award because he wanted Milner to have it instead. Someone on that bench had pissed him off though.

Speaking of Mo, apparently he’s not on the level of Lionel Messi. That’s according to Dimitar Berbatov. Well thanks for that, Captain Obvious. Messi might be the greatest player in the history of the game (I say ‘might’ because it’s almost impossible to compare Messi and Maradona due to the vastly different era they played in) whereas Salah has had one brilliant season and looks like he might be about to make it two. Good to see Berbatov’s punditry is as lazy as his playing style though.

Some more reports today linking us with a Bosman move for Rabiot this summer. He’s on 55k a week at PSG, so with no fee involved we could easily treble that without breaking our wage structure. I’m all in on Bosman’s because it frees up cash to spend elsewhere. Bring this cat in on a free and if need be pay a bit extra to get Pulisic or Brandt.

Sunday Dec 9: 

Grujic scores for Hertha Berlin and is described by their coach as ‘our best midfielder for 20 years’. Good to see him doing well. I’m a big Grujic fan and I’m positive he’s going to be an absolute monster one day. He’s got everything except durability. He gets injured a fair bit and he’s hardly played for Hertha. He’s injured again now apparently. One day Grujic will be a top player, but my gut feeling is that it won’t be for us unfortunately.

Moreno is on Marseille’s radar. He’s defo on his segway at the end of the season like. The interesting thing will be whether we choose to replace him or bring my boy Adam Lewis through. That lad has as good a delivery from out wide as I’ve ever seen. When it comes to that first time low ball whipped across the face of goal, he’s unreal. I’d like to see him play in the FA Cup instead of Moreno, but I doubt that will happen. 

Personally I wouldn’t play any senior squad member in the FA Cup tie with Wolves as it’s not worth the risk of anyone getting hurt. Of course I’d like to win the FA Cup, but not at the expense of it even costing us a single point in the league. Every point is huge this season and we’ve got our best chance of winning the title in years. Give me a choice now of winning the FA Cup or winning one extra point in the league, and I’m taking the point. If that makes me a ‘Sky generation’ fan then so be it. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Yeah he was already there when he arrived. Another goldbridge classic yesterday dave. He said there’s a kid in uniteds reserve who couldn’t do worse than Lukaku if he was blindfolded and had his laces tided together. I nearly pissed myself crying. Another one was if Herrera could get his head up he’d get a nose bleed haha.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:22 PM, RedKnight said:

chicago-cubs-white-house-visit.jpg

Go Cubs...

I thought Obama squeezed the Cubs in as one of his last acts before making way for that fat orange rapist. Turns out I was wrong, the Cubbies went to meet Trump. Should have their title taken away. 

Might switch to the White Sox now (especially if they land Harper and Machado).

16 hours ago, dave u said:

I thought Obama squeezed the Cubs in as one of his last acts before making way for that fat orange rapist. Turns out I was wrong, the Cubbies went to meet Trump. Should have their title taken away. 

Might switch to the White Sox now (especially if they land Harper and Machado).

Orioles!

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic