You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coast-Woolton villge

halewood pete

This cafe/restaurant is opening from 10 am till midday  on Christmas day and serving tea,coffee and sandwiches free of charge.

A fantastic gesture for any one alone and lonely on the day or emergency services workers who may be working  a long shift.

Happy Christmas to you all.

• Upvote 8

Just to follow on from this - if you know anyone or find yourself in need of support or company this festive season, it can be difficult to find what's happening out there. You can do one small thing to find that information such as speaking to your GP, contacting your local mental health support/service or even utilise tools like Wellbeing Liverpool (or whatever is available in your area) / Hub of Hope https://hubofhope.co.uk/ 

It can be daunting to reach out to these services or even attend somewhere for a Christmas meal without bombarding yourself with questions (who will be there? will anyone talk to me? is this normal?) but try it or contact the organiser to aid that introduction/fear. 

If you're looking to help someone who many be quite avoidant of these suggestions then you can help by simply being there. Ask how the year's been? What have they got planned for the new year? Even invite them over or visit for an hour or two. Social isolation is something that I deal with on a constant basis, it develops into strong social anxiety which is really difficult to break down. Just be there for anyone you find alone or withdrawn. 

Finally, I'll leave you all with a message, one that I've echo'd a few times on here. I'm available for any PM's should anyone of you cunts need to chat about anything. I've spoken to a few of you already which is really great to see but just remember, it can be a challenging few months and I'm always open to listen/help where and when I can. 

Have a great Christmas TLW. You're all boss*. 

* But Code can fuck off. 

• Upvote 8

9 hours ago, Seasons said:

Just to follow on from this - if you know anyone or find yourself in need of support or company this festive season, it can be difficult to find what's happening out there. You can do one small thing to find that information such as speaking to your GP, contacting your local mental health support/service or even utilise tools like Wellbeing Liverpool (or whatever is available in your area) / Hub of Hope https://hubofhope.co.uk/ 

It can be daunting to reach out to these services or even attend somewhere for a Christmas meal without bombarding yourself with questions (who will be there? will anyone talk to me? is this normal?) but try it or contact the organiser to aid that introduction/fear. 

If you're looking to help someone who many be quite avoidant of these suggestions then you can help by simply being there. Ask how the year's been? What have they got planned for the new year? Even invite them over or visit for an hour or two. Social isolation is something that I deal with on a constant basis, it develops into strong social anxiety which is really difficult to break down. Just be there for anyone you find alone or withdrawn. 

Finally, I'll leave you all with a message, one that I've echo'd a few times on here. I'm available for any PM's should anyone of you cunts need to chat about anything. I've spoken to a few of you already which is really great to see but just remember, it can be a challenging few months and I'm always open to listen/help where and when I can. 

Have a great Christmas TLW. You're all boss*. 

* But Code can fuck off. 

How many of him can fuck off?