You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 8-10 2018)

tlw content

Quite the weekend this one. For weeks we’d been playing catch up but we’d somehow found ways to get the results we needed to keep the gap at the top to two points.

It must have been driving City mad, but this week the roles were reversed. We took care of business early and said to them “ok, now let’s see what YOU’VE got”. The answer was ‘not much’.

There’s no shame in losing at Chelsea, but it was the way City reacted to going a goal down that should have the rest of the league sitting up and taking notice. This team is not invincible, and the sooner people realise it the better it will be for us. 

It took Chelsea 45 minutes to realise it as their first half display reeked of cowardice. City looked great but they always will if the opposition just hands them the initiative like that. I don’t know what the fuck Chelsea were doing. They could barely get out of their own half and they approached the game like you’d expect Burnley or Huddersfield to do. 

Chelsea have some of the best players in the world in their side, why the fuck were they playing like that? Hazard was used at centre forward, which is a waste of his talent as it plays to his weaknesses rather than his strengths. He was fuming at the lack of service for most of the first half, understandably so. 

The one time they got him the ball to his feet he set up the opening goal. Kante’s finish was quality and from that moment on City didn’t look the same. You could even see it in their faces as they made their way back for the kick off. Shock and frustration. They aren’t used to not having things their own way and they don’t like it up ‘em as they say.

Chelsea took great confidence from the goal and were a completely different side in the second half. They deservedly extended their lead courtesy of a brilliant David Luiz header, and he was fantastic all game actually. Whisper it, but he’s actually a fucking good defender these days. And he’s always been a magnificent footballer.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

Credit to Sterling for how he’s handled it all. At least he won’t have to worry about opposition fans this week. He ditched the Redshite and Evertonians are pinning their hopes on him and his City team-mates denying us a title. They’ll probably line his path onto the field with fucking rose petals this weekend.  

Nil Akeem Nisi Zamunda.

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

"it's a well known fact that you run faster when you’re shitting yourself. I know this because I once broke the 100m record while running away from ultras in Cologne train station. True story. You should have seen me, I was flying past everyone. 

"Turned out it was a false alarm and was just a bunch of kids throwing bottles, and the walk of shame back into the station to where I’d left my dad and mates behind was a little uncomfortable. Not least because I’d ran that fast I think I may have even lapped them at one point. The important thing was that nobody got hurt. And by nobody, I mean me."

A coward after my own heart.

• Upvote 1

No to the Newcastle hatred.

Genuinely passionate fans, Rafa Benitez and a blood-sucking ownership.  3 reasons alone.

They can't help the way the media talk about their support in that glassy-eyed blue-nose territory.  Geordies are alright by me.  They sang USA, USA.  So did every other team's supporters.  We've sang worse.  We sing Going down when supporters' worlds are falling apart.

In the cold light of day 90% of the time, it's not meant.

I like a drawn-out bitter grudge as much as the next man (Coventry and Forest for me), but I think you've been listening to your brother-in-law too much!

Otherwise, a good write up, Dave.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, razor said:

The Likely Lads

Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Viz

Newcastle Brown Ale

Greggs

Peter Beardsley

The Animals

Lucozade

That fat bloke who takes his top off in mid-winter

KK's taggart rant

Boooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And on the other side of the equation: Sting.

You lose...

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic