You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Them Lot (H) 16/12/18

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I've no problem with Jose getting sacked as long as they wait until Pogba's out the door. Can't be having the new manager coming in and getting him firing.

Sell him in January and then sack Mourinho the week after.

Nah Pogba is shite.

I reckon they'll wait before sacking him. It seems there clauses are not qualifying for Champions league. They could be out of mathematical contention and out the Champions league by March. Then they'll just give it to whoever temp and get a director of football in to sort a new coach

42 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Thought Gini was very tidy, and played a big role in keeping control of the midfield. Statistically he was very good too; most touches, best pass completion rate, most key passes.

Fair play. A number of you seem to agree.

Maybe it's confirmation bias on my behalf in that I see what I have convinced myself to see. 

I see him run down blind roads. Make poor decisions. Hold on to the ball for too long. Unable to shoot.

Centre mid is such an important role. I just don't see him as good enough. I will try to look for the good in him and moderate my posts accordingly.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fair play. A number of you seem to agree.

Maybe it's confirmation bias on my behalf in that I see what I have convinced myself to see. 

I see him run down blind roads. Make poor decisions. Hold on to the ball for too long. Unable to shoot.

Centre mid is such an important role. I just don't see him as good enough. I will try to look for the good in him and moderate my posts accordingly.

In all honesty, he seems to be in the attacking role a little too much for me personally - especially when you think about the goals return for this. But there are times when he's deeper where he absolutely helps to boss the midfield. He actually ran through a number of their tackles to retain the ball which he certainly was not doing before. 

The golden rule for the great midfielders is to always be behind the ball and try your best to avoid being infront of the ball. If he stuck to this, he would be way better but would probably be unnoticeable. 

He's become a very good player in this team in my personal opinion, just please leave the goalscoring to the players who are there to do it!

Gini is fine

If he could start scoring a few crucial goals like in his debut season that would be helpful. But he's strong, good engine, always around the ball. Will look far better in a midfield that isn't himself, Henderson and Milner. Far better with a Shaqiri/Keita and Fabinho holding as he gets more liscene to go ball hunting. Great squad player

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Gini is fine

If he could start scoring a few crucial goals like in his debut season that would be helpful. But he's strong, good engine, always around the ball. Will look far better in a midfield that isn't himself, Henderson and Milner. Far better with a Shaqiri/Keita and Fabinho holding as he gets more liscene to go ball hunting. Great squad player

To me it looked like he played more a holding role today with Fabinho given more of a license to roam a bit. 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

To me it looked like he played more a holding role today with Fabinho given more of a license to roam a bit. 

He may well ha e done but this team is so interchangeable in the midfield and attack. Its more a case of having the right players around him to get the best out of him. Too similar with him Milner and Henderson. No goal threat or drive when it them.