You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Them Lot (H) 16/12/18

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Clynes attacking game always was average at best.  I’d settle for him having a solid game today.

I know. But this is how they nullified Salah last time. Had Young who is right footed at left back and Salah couldn't go on his stronger foot. It's the same thing with Darmian, so we'll especially need Clyne to give us something offensively. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Honestly, that midfield both worries and excited me. None of the cool headedness of Milner or experience of Hendo, but hopefully we can really kick on. 

Yeah it's a risk but could also be fucking brilliant.

Their fans are going mental over their lineup. Saying United are going there as if they're Tony Pulis' Stoke. Ouch. I don't think they remember what Jose can do in these big games. Hopefully we get in control and on the score sheet early, otherwise it could be a very tough afternoon. And a frustrating one.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Darmian and Young on the wing shouts are to nullify Salah. It's classic Jose. You'd think their supporters would learn after 3 years of him being there. 

I’m sure Klopp was expecting something similar and they have a plan to exploit.

Most places have them playing 3-5-2. 

Don't see it myself. It'll be a 7-0-3 formation. 

Young and Dalot will sit as part of a back 5. Herrera and Matic will sit right in front of the 5. Then they'll go direct to Lukaku, with Rashford and Lingard playing off his lay offs/miscontrolled first touches. 

Mourinho has come to not get beat. As always. That's why I'd like to have seen Shaqiri involved. We might need his free kick ability to win this.