You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League last 16 Draw

Lee909

Ajax can win their group if they turn Bayern over. It sounds unlikely obviously but I've not seen either side play this season. All I know is Bayern aren't doing as well as normal in the Bundesliga. Obviously barring Ajax being an option Porto would be the best draw on paper.

I think we're due for Barcelona personally, either way though as others have said you have to beat good sides to win it anyway so it really doesn't matter.

For me, Porto or Munich would be the best draw, Munich are shite this year, old team, we’d have them IMO. However, I want a go at Madrid again. The only 2 teams I’d be scared of would be Juve and Dortmund. Dortmund look ace this season, wouldn’t fancy that at all. Barca are the weakest they’ve been for years too.

Madrid, Porto or Munich for me. 

Would love to see us play in the Allianz though. Fuck it, we can do anyone on our day. With Virg out, think I’d prefer 1st leg at home though. 

19 hours ago, Lee909 said:

So we end up second, shame as this years runners up would have been a better route really

So its

Dortmund,Barcelona,Porto,Bayern,Real or Juve

Tough group of teams,especially without VVD for the first leg. Hopefully Porto or Dortmund

Dortmund looking pretty good this year. I'd say Real are comfortably worse than them so far this season! Maybe Barca as well, though that would be closer for sure.

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

For anyone else wondering about how it falls with our league fixtures. 

First leg

12–13 & 19–20 February 2019

Second leg

5–6 & 12–13 March 2019

Looks like its either first leg right before United, or second leg right after Everton. 

Screenshot_2018-12-12-16-41-44.png

Screenshot_2018-12-12-16-41-56.png

Fucks sake - seems to always fall that our biggest league games fall around european cup games.

I suppose city will have fucking fulham and southampton!