You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Dec 1-7 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Dec 1:

Interesting Klopp quotes on the different style of play this year. Basically confirming what we thought, that the new more patient approach is deliberate and that the team needed to evolve. He put it down to how opponents play against us, saying that they won’t play football in their own half because they don’t want to fall victim to our press. 

Not entirely sure it's just that though. To me there's definitely an element of us just not playing that well and individual players not hitting the heights they did last season. We aren't at full throttle but I think that's also deliberate, and the team is geared up to hit it's stride in the new year. If that happens and we're still in the position we're in right now then we really will have a great chance to win the bloody thing. 

Meanwhile, Bobby Duncan scores four and makes two for the u18s as they won 6-5. I watched the highlights, and one of the assists was a mis-hit shot that Paul Glatzel turned in at the back post, but Bobby still claimed it as an assist. Kids eh? He’s got 16 goals so far this season and is getting better by the week. 

Really want this kid to be boss. Not only that, I want him to win titles, not just for us but for his cousin Stevie. Not only that, I want him to win a title by scoring an Anfield winner against Chelsea to deny City the title. In fact, I want him to do it after slipping over, getting up and beating half their team before scoring in front of their fans in the Anny Road and then doing a post match interview like this….

Sunday Dec 2:

L 1 Everton 0 Hahahahahahahahahaha. Oh man, fucking hell. Hahahahahaha. It’s going to take an awfully long time for me to stop buzzing off this one. The only thing more satisfying than winning a derby by being boss and embarrassing the Blues, is not being boss but beating them anyway, in stoppage time. We’ve done that a few times, but this was the best of the lot just because of how comical the winning goal was, and also the perfect comedy timing of it. 

“Murderers” was belting out from the away end, and literally two seconds before the goal one of them lashed some purple pyro on the pitch because they thought Van Dijk’s shot had gone in the Kop and they’d clinched a famous draw. You just can’t make this shit up. Everton - Being funnier than fiction since 1878.

Pleased for Origi, it’s probably his final swan song for us barring an unlikely return to the fleeting, blistering form of spring 2016, but if it is then what a way to go out. He’ll forever be remembered by Kopites now and tales of his heroics will be handed down from generation to generation. 

The icing on the cake was Klopp running onto the pitch like a madman. I didn’t even see it at the time as I was watching the lads celebrate. It was only when I got in the car afterwards and checked my phone that I saw the magnificence of it all. It was so out of order and he deserves all the criticism he’ll get for it, and if the FA hit him with a touchline ban he can have no complaints. 

It’s ok to love it and buzz off it, as it was funny as fuck and an all time derby moment. But you can’t defend it, and if you are defending it then ask yourself what your reaction would be if Mourinho did that after United beat us with a 97th minute fluke. If you say you’d be ok with it, then you’re a big fat liar. What Klopp did today was not ok, it was out of line and there’s no excuse for it. It was also one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• dave u pinned this topic

I like Warnock. I don't like Dyche. I'm completely indifferent to Allardyce these days as he's become a parody of himself. I can't stand Pulis, he's the worst of the lot.

I wish I could disagree with Dyche and hammer him, but I can't. Not this time anyway. What's he meant to say to his players? "I know it's Liverpool and they're dead good and the only chance we've got is to fight for our lives, but you can't do slideys today lads as its raining".

I stand by my original statement. Jurgen went a bit "Wenger at Stoke" with all that.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic