You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (H) Champions League 11/12/18

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Our starting 11 last time we played these at Anfield

DuJZ_4CXQAA8-L9.jpg

Corriere dello Sport are reporting that Jurgen Klopp will spring a surprise in his team selection tonight against Napoli.

The Italian paper claim that Klopp, who admitted he will make tactical changes against Carlo Ancelotti’s men, is ready to start Daniel Sturridge in a three-man Liverpool attack, with Sadio Mane on the bench.

Mo Salah and Roberto Firmino will make up the three-pronged attack with Mane, who has been struggling with a foot problem, ready to be introduced from the bench.

Whether or not the Italian paper have a genuine scoop or whether they are taking a flyer due to Mane’s ongoing foot injury is unclear.

Mane missed the 3-1 win over Burnley due to a cut on his foot, but featured off the bench as Liverpool hammered Bournemouth 4-0 at the weekend and multiple English papers claim Mane will come straight back into Klopp’s starting XI.

“It’s good enough that we can consider him at least,” said Klopp at yesterday’s news conference.

“In the squad there is nothing really serious after the [Bournemouth] game, that’s good.”

Napoli know they will qualify for the last 16 if they avoid defeat at Anfield tonight and Ancelotti says they will adopt a similar approach to the the first game, which they won 1-0.

Ancelotti rested several of his first-team players in the weekend’s win over Frosinone and he is expected to go with a 4-4-2 with Lorenzo Insigne and Dries Mertens the two in attack.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I was in London that day and got the train back. Two carriages were full of Napoli fans. The ticket inspector walked into the carriage and walked straight back out as he got pelted with all kinds of stuff. 

When I worked in London I was at Earls Court tube station and a load of PSG (they were playing Chelsea obviously) got off the opposite and a few of them just started leathering commuters. I was secretly made-up because commuters in London are cunts. Me included. Cant imagine being part of a fan-base that goes looking for trouble instead of having a proper laugh. Fair enough if it comes on-top you react but just enjoy the day ffs. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

When I worked in London I was at Earls Court tube station and a load of PSG (they were playing Chelsea obviously) got off the opposite and a few of them just started leathering commuters. I was secretly made-up because commuters in London are cunts. Me included. Cant imagine being part of a fan-base that goes looking for trouble instead of having a proper laugh. Fair enough if it comes on-top you react but just enjoy the day ffs. 

Was that the game the PSG fan got racially abused by them?

I think we'll get though in dramatic fashion.

I sense the ball landing to Henderson in the 92nd minute on the edge of Napoli's box, he'll then long ball it back to Allison who'll long ball it back into the Napoli box for a VVD goal to make it 3-1.

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A load of them came up to me in Euston and asked me how to get to Liverpool. I should have pulled the lost in translation card and sent them to Liverpool Street tube station.

Allison, TAA, VVD, Matip, Robertson, Milner, Henderson, Wijnalldum, the best front three

Need another big performance from that midfield.  One weve seen time and time again.   Go a goal down early doors though and we’ll need to make an immediate sub, even if it’s the 1st minute.