You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (H) Champions League 11/12/18

Bjornebye

12 hours ago, aRdja said:

It’s a playoff isn’t it... if Lovren is still out..

Alisson

Matip

Van Dijk

Trent

Robbo

Gini

Milner

Keita

Salah

Mane

Firmino

I have a feeling that he will start Hendo though.

List the right back before the centre backs. Come on, man, this is just terrible behaviour.

• Upvote 3

Nerves are kicking in now.   This one is going to be edgy as fuck.  We need three to have any kind of breathing space.   I'd have taken a home game against Napoli to see us through, so here we are.

Wouldn't mind seeing Shaqiri on the bench for this one to give us an actual option off the bench.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329594-liverpool-napoli-team-news-klopp-ancelotti

Liverpool came through Saturday's win over AFC Bournemouth without incurring any fresh injury concerns, and Sadio Mane is fit to start versus Napoli.

Jürgen Klopp has also confirmed that Adam Lallana is available for Tuesday’s crucial Champions League tie despite the knock to the head he sustained at the Vitality Stadium, with Dejan Lovren to be assessed.

Mane came off the bench for the final 25 minutes on the south coast after missing last week’s victory at Burnley due to a foot problem, and Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com on Monday: “Sadio can deal with the pain obviously - it looked like that in Bournemouth, so that’s cool. It’s good enough that we can consider him at least.

“We have two sessions still to come - we’ll train tomorrow morning as well. That’s very important. We have the meeting to do. In the squad there is nothing really serious after the game, that’s good.”

On Lovren, who trained with his teammates on Monday afternoon, the manager added: “We will see how Dejan is doing. Yesterday he was out on the pitch and looked quite well. Squad-wise, [there is] no bad news at least.

“[Lallana] looked fine. Nobody told me differently. He was running yesterday.”

Dominic Solanke and Nathaniel Clyne have recently been sidelined with injuries, while Joe Gomez (leg) is definitely out along with long-term absentees Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee) and Rhian Brewster (ankle).

Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti, meanwhile, has an almost fully-fit squad to choose from for a match that Liverpool must win 1-0 or by two clear goals to be guaranteed of a place in the last 16.

Only Simone Verdi (muscle) and Vlad Chiriches (knee) are not in contention to play for the visitors at Anfield.

The Serie A side know a draw is enough to qualify but, asked for his approach to the tie, Ancelotti said: “I don’t know what Liverpool are planning to do. But we all know how they play, particularly at home, their intensity in these kinds of games.

“We’ll try to maintain a high level of intensity for as long as possible. We haven’t come here to sit back. The two important phases in a game of football are attack and defence - we need to get both of them right.”

On 12/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Jose Jones said:

List the right back before the centre backs. Come on, man, this is just terrible behaviour.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:51 PM, aRdja said:

Nah I go from the most defensive to the most attacking in the first instance, then from right to left.

Years of playing Championship Manager and Football Manager tell me that Jose is bang on here.

Ardja. Stop being wrong all the time. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329594-liverpool-napoli-team-news-klopp-ancelotti

“[Lallana] looked fine. Nobody told me differently. He was running yesterday.”

Don't think his legs are the problem this time. He finished the last game looking like Carrie on prom night because of a head injury, not another pulled leg muscle.

I'm not usually one for omens but it really is Olympiakos all over again ( be it Napoli are far better but then again so are we).

I think I might be right in saying we went into that match knowing 1-0 would be enough that is until bandy legs Rivaldo scored, after that the rest is history....

So is anyone going to step forward and be Gerrard tonight????.....Over to you Hendo.... (don't laugh)

• Upvote 1

Still in the mix in the dying moments of injury time, you say? Liverpool playing into the Kop end? A corner for the home team? Who's that colossal bearded man purposefully making his way forward?

Liverpool 3 (Mane 3; Firmino 58; Alisson 90+4) Napoli 1 (Insigne 78)

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Still in the mix in the dying moments of injury time, you say? Liverpool playing into the Kop end? A corner for the home team? Who's that colossal bearded man purposefully making his way forward?

Liverpool 3 (Mane 3; Firmino 58; Alisson 90+4) Napoli 1 (Insigne 78)

It would make the Origi goal look as normal as a back post tap-in. 

Talk of Henderson is making me nervous.

I suppose you can make an argument for him if the plan is to try to get a 1-0, but if they score and we need 3 then he's a real liability compared to Fabinho and/or Keita. Keita in particular has been excellent at the attacking end the last couple of games, he'd be a definite starter for me.