You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (H) Champions League 11/12/18

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Take it you've never been to Naples then. Awful place, the arsehole of Italy. Traffic speeds up trying to hit you as you're crossing the street. It's like all the worst qualities of Rome x1000.

Each to their own, but I’ve been to Naples and found the people a lot friendlier than in Rome. Nice city. Don’t recall any great rush to knock me down either. 

Got my wallet nicked outside the Olympic Stadium in Rome. No bad experiences that I can remember in Naples. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Each to their own, but I’ve been to Naples and found the people a lot friendlier than in Rome. Nice city. Don’t recall any great rush to knock me down either. 

Maybe I just had a bad experience, was only there 3 days in fairness. Had people constantly trying to scam/rob us and literally telling us to fuck off if we had a simple question because they didn't speak English. I know they're not very well liked in the rest of Italy, being considered robbers/gangsters and a bit stuck up.

I do have a lot of respect/admiration for the team and for Ancelotti though, so got to feel for them a bit, they're a proper footballing side with real balls not like the bunch of wankstains we came up against in Paris. Still, I imagine they're going to look a bit silly now after Carlo's "cuglioni" comment.

1 minute ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

Maybe I just had a bad experience, was only there 3 days in fairness. Had people constantly trying to scam/rob us and literally telling us to fuck off if we had a simple question because they didn't speak English. I know they're not very well liked in the rest of Italy, being considered robbers/gangsters and a bit stuck up.

I do have a lot of respect/admiration for the team and for Ancelotti though, so got to feel for them a bit, they're a proper footballing side with real balls not like the bunch of wankstains we came up against in Paris. Still, I imagine they're going to look a bit silly now after Carlo's "cuglioni" comment.

Yeah, I guess personal experiences can vary greatly.

Same as you, I’d rather they went through than PSG, but hopefully we’ll get another crack off them soon. 

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yeah, I guess personal experiences can vary greatly.

Same as you, I’d rather they went through than PSG, but hopefully we’ll get another crack off them soon. 

Yeah can't work out if I'd love us to dump them, Real or even Barca out more. I think the thought of Sergio Ramos crying just edges it though, the snidey fucking cunt.

The great thing is we're more than capable of beating all three.

• Upvote 1

With the van Dijk tackle I'll hold my hand up and say that after the replay I thought a yellow was exactly the right call. I know I'd definitely be screaming for a card if someone did that to Salah.

Obviously at full speed it looked a great tackle but when you see it back you realise why the refs are calling those tackles where the defender gets the ball but catches the attacker on the follow-through nowadays. Could easily have broken his ankle.

It was about the only controversial call the ref got right, mind. He was atrocious the whole rest of the night.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agree with Ne Moe that I'd have a different perception if it had been Salah on the receiving end.

Brilliant initial challenge. Is there a clear rule on follow-throughs in those situations?

Think you're free to shit yourself as much as you like as long as it doesn't get on other players.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Agree with Ne Moe that I'd have a different perception if it had been Salah on the receiving end.

Brilliant initial challenge. Is there a clear rule on follow-throughs in those situations?

It's the old "reckless" or "out of control" factor I think, if you go into a challenge in a way that puts another player in danger you're always going to be open to it.

It was a brilliantly timed tackle, but he couldn't exactly stop himself after winning the ball because of how he threw himself into it.  It wasn't as bad as Verratti's, but yeah, would be angry if one of our players was on the receiving end.