You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) 8/12/18

Bjornebye

Yeah, was happy to see him hurt himself later in the game.  He deserved it, the prick.  Mo has a lot more class than me and showed him some sympathy.

Also, I said so at the match and think so even more now, Ake was lucky the handball was only a yellow.

8 hours ago, Caramac said:

G6B13qj.gif

That really reminded me of a goal Barosonce scored for us. I’ve a feeling it was against Newcastle or West Brom - I’m seeing stripy shirts in my minds eye.

anyone able to recall?

9 hours ago, Caramac said:

Another one of those good honest challenges

d6gcMP5.gif

Watching the highlights, it looked like Salah stared at him after scoring the goal. Not surprising if he did, but he must have got some satisfaction from watching him score the own goal. 

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Watching the highlights, it looked like Salah stared at him after scoring the goal. Not surprising if he did, but he must have got some satisfaction from watching him score the own goal. 

It looked like Salah was staring at the bench after each goal. Not sure what that was about though.

Had to endure a powercut right on kick off, and so it was 6 hours later that finally enjoyed that!!

Top of the league! Citeh lose and Mo equal with aw-boomerang as top prem goalscorers.

Bournemouth obviously not up to much, but we still had to do the business of finishing.

Since Klopp arrived it’s like we’ve finally got the ellusive holy trinity back. 

• Upvote 1

I've been delighted and impressed with us since the international break.

Wins away at Watford, Burnley and Bournemouth have been emphatic - I think City were 4-0 up at West Ham before we scored our first at Watford, we went 1-down at Burnley with a heavy rotation and Bournemouth - a tough side to play away - we swatted.  The importance of that last minute winner against Everton - who knows how valuable that might be.

Getting through against Napoli and then beating United on Sunday - it really would be a 9.5 out of 10 first half of the season.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Had to endure a powercut right on kick off, and so it was 6 hours later that finally enjoyed that!!

Top of the league! Citeh lose and Mo equal with aw-boomerang as top prem goalscorers.

Bournemouth obviously not up to much, but we still had to do the business of finishing.

Since Klopp arrived it’s like we’ve finally got the ellusive holy trinity back. 

For a second I thought you said “uppercut”.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

That really reminded me of a goal Barosonce scored for us. I’ve a feeling it was against Newcastle or West Brom - I’m seeing stripy shirts in my minds eye.

anyone able to recall?

Was it this one against Monaco? Apologies for the commentary...

• Like 1

Surprised by Bournemouth's lack of adventure, which kind of helped and also hindered us. Shit weather it has to be said.

Mo looked really sharp and everyone grafted and worked to the last, only complaint, bar the rain, is Bobby, still running into dead ends at times. He's not playing shite by any stretch of the imagination, its just that recently he seems to be making the wrong choice of pass and moves. 

I'll just have to get over it, by consoling myself and watching match of the day endlessly and looking at the league table on Ceefax. 

10 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

anyone able to recall?

I was thinking who was Barasoncé ?

Spanish? French? My senility is getting worse.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/how-liverpools-record-after-16-games-compares-to-the-last-five-title-winners/

Liverpool went top of the Premier League on Saturday following their 4-0 win over Bournemouth – and remained there with Chelsea beating Manchester City 2-0 at Stamford Bridge.

Jurgen Klopp’s Reds have begun the 2018-19 campaign in fine form and are now showing signs of hitting top form as they look to go toe-to-toe with City.

Mohamed Salah bagged a hat-trick against Bournemouth, taking him to 10 goals for the season, the joint most alongside Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, while at the other end Liverpool have shipped just six goals, giving them the best defence in the Premier League.

We look at the numbers behind Liverpool’s unbeaten start and how they compare to seasons past.

With 16 games played so far this season, Liverpool are much improved than at the same stage last year. They currently boast 42 points, one more than City, whereas a year ago, the Reds were fourth with 30 points, some 16 behind City at the top with 46.

Interestingly, Liverpool have scored 34 goals so far – the exact same number they had at this point in 2017-18. However, they had already conceded 20 goals after 16 games last season, compared to just six so far this term.

They’ve also kept 10 clean sheets this season, which is the most in the Premier League.

This defensive improvement can largely be credited to the signings of Alisson and Virgil van Dijk. Alisson has played every minute of the season so far and is clearly a safer pair of hands than Loris Karius or Simon Mignolet have proven to be.

Meanwhile, Van Dijk, who joined in the January window of last season, has played all but 35 minutes of Premier League action this season and has been at the heart of Liverpool’s excellent defence.

Unsurprisingly, this has been Liverpool’s best ever start to a season. And as we head towards Christmas and the halfway mark of the season, their points total stacks up nicely against title winners of recent years.

Here’s how they compare after 16 games:

2017/18
Manchester City – 46 points
Man City went on to win the league with 100 points

2016/17
Chelsea – 40 points
Chelsea went on to win the league with 93 points

2015/16
Chelsea – 35 points
Leicester went on to win the league with 81 points

2014/15
Chelsea – 39 points
Chelsea went on to win the league with 87 points

2013/14
Arsenal – 35 points
Man City went on to win the league with 86 points

Liverpool’s total after 16 games is more than four out of the last five title winners. It’s also worth noting that three of the last five teams to have led the league after 16 games have gone on to win the title.

After scoring 32 goals in his first season at Liverpool last year, it was always going to be a tough act for Mo Salah to follow.

However, the Egyptian magician continues to amaze. His opener against Bournemouth was his 40th goal in 52 Premier League games for Liverpool – it’s the fastest a player has ever reached that number for the club (it took Fernando Torres 60 games and Daniel Sturridge 64).

It’s not all about Salah this season, though. Quality performances are being made throughout the side – as displayed in last week’s 3-1 win over Burnley, where six different players were involved in the goals (goals from James Milner, Roberto Firmino and Xherdan Shaqiri, with assists Divock Origi, van Dijk and Salah).

There’s still a long way to go in the 2018-19 season, but the numbers and the performances bode well for Liverpool, if they can keep Pep Guardiola and Man City at bay.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Was it this one against Monaco? Apologies for the commentary...

I was, I think. It was looking like it was never really quite under control, while clearly always being under total control.

ta.

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Nah, just watched it again and he defo makes a point of staring back at the bench. Don't think there's much in it like but he does it after all three goals.  

My theory is he's still really pissed off about the CL final and is doubling down on his determination to win something -all serious and no playing about. 

22 minutes ago, aws said:

My theory is he's still really pissed off about the CL final and is doubling down on his determination to win something -all serious and no playing about. 

This makes sense.

10 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Salah looked right at me and smiled, he was fine. Its Robertson who's the right cunt. 

Laughed at whole booing deal, gave it a bit extra celebrating the OG as well.  Legend.

Was pretty funny when Mane did acknowledge his song, started with a little clap but found himself clapping in time for 10 seconds or so before getting a hold of himself and walking away.

• Upvote 1