You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) 8/12/18

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

Isn't he on-side after the keeper touched it though...for the second phase?

I note NV's subsequent comment & accept the goal should have been disallowed , but where does that leave the incident with Spurs at Anfield last season when Kane was miles offside but after a slight touch from Lovren it was not flagged. We were solemnly told by Riley's groupies that the ref was right because Lovren made a deliberate attempt to play the ball. Well the goalie deliberately saved the ball today didn't he.

53 minutes ago, Elite said:

Surprised the commentators haven't mentioned Mo was slightly offside for his first goal.

It genuinely escaped my attention but when Tyler mentioned it for 327th time the penny finally dropped. I also hadn't realised how close it was till the nasal drone shrewdly observed that 'aside from the 3-0 scoreline there's nothing between the two teams'. It's just as well we have expert commentators and pundits to bring such details to our attention or these fine nuances would be lost on me.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

It genuinely escaped my attention but when Tyler mentioned it for 327th time the penny finally dropped. I also hadn't realised how close it was till the nasal drone shrewdly observed that 'aside from the 3-0 scoreline there's nothing between the two teams'. It's just as well we have expert commentators and pundits to bring such details to our attention or these fine nuances would be lost on me.

Does that mean there will be a replay now Tyler has spotted it and reported back to SKY? It's only fair.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SammyAftershave said:

They have the privilege of replays and multiple camera angles. In the moment it was a tight decision, I think Salah's front foot was in front of the last defender. Any linesman who is able to see that would have powers similar to Lallana Man.

Co-commentator on NBC Sports mentioned that he had been on a course for linesmen and he instantly realised just how hard it is for them to spot in minute detail that which Messr's Tyler and Carra take for granted in their slow motion, rewindable video technology. 

VAR will of course end these discrepancies but until then, we'll take the ones we get while being on the receiving end of the ones other teams get.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

They have the privilege of replays and multiple camera angles. In the moment it was a tight decision, I think Salah's front foot was in front of the last defender. Any linesman who is able to see that would have powers similar to Lallana Man.

Co-commentator on NBC Sports mentioned that he had been on a course for linesmen and he instantly realised just how hard it is for them to spot in minute detail that which Messr's Tyler and Carra take for granted in their slow motion, rewindable video technology. 

VAR will of course end these discrepancies but until then, we'll take the ones we get while being on the receiving end of the ones other teams get.

I think it is a different narrative.

In my opinion they have all been briefed by the FA on making sure that every single little mistake gets mentioned, so that everyone is totally behind VAR when it comes in.

Salah was a little offside, it is very difficult to spot by the linesman, but VAR will finally solve this and bang, Bournemouth supporters are totally behind it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Caramac said:

Bit late to the party

Y20593I.gif

In all honesty it would have been a cunt of a ref who - had Allison tried to catch or punch that - would have called a boot up fifty feet in the air in crazy winds a backpass.