You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) 8/12/18

Bjornebye

15 minutes ago, aws said:

Or Milner.  

Fair do's.

Klopp confirms Milner right-back

Jurgen Klopp has confirmed James Milner will start his 500th Premier League appearance at right-back.

The midfielder memorably spent most of the 2016/17 season as a makeshift left-back for Liverpool, but it will be his first time lining up on the opposite side for the Reds.

14 hours ago, LFC 5 Times said:

The way in which Clyne has been completely frozen out really makes me believe the drugs ban rumours. He was a really good full back, solid as a rock defensively and never beaten for pace.

It makes me believe he's injured. 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/329041-liverpool-klopp-mane-robertson-lovren-clyne-solanke

The fact is he hasn't been "completely frozen out". He had a long-term injury and while he was out Trent and Gomez both made strong cases for starting at right back. I think he's made the bench a few times and is currently injured again.

19 minutes ago, an tha said:

Liverpool: Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Mignolet, Mane, Henderson, Sturridge, Lallana, Origi, Alexander-Arnold.

A bit cobbled together, but if you play 3 games in five and a half days, that's the best you can do.

Klopp has to deal with a number of injuries at precisely the wrong time with his team two games into a run of 10 matches in five weeks.

The loss of Joe Gomez for six weeks with a broken leg is significant with fellow defender Dejan Lovren out with concussion and right-back Nathaniel Clyne, who has played just six matches in the last season and a half because of injuries, sidelined for at least a fortnight.

Klopp had been rotating youngsters Trent Alexander-Arnold and Gomez on the right side of defence, when Gomez was not partnering Virgil Van Dijk in the centre.

The Reds boss admits he now has to come up with a plan to safeguard the long-term fitness of 20-year-old Alexander-Arnold.

It is likely to mean midfielders James Milner, who had a season at left-back a couple of years ago, and Fabinho stepping in to give the young England international a break.

Another option, albeit more of a gamble, is to bring in Rafael Camacho from the under-21s after the 18-year-old was drafted into the squad for Wednesday’s win at Burnley.

“It’s just a shame for the boy,” Klopp said of Gomez’s injury.

“For us he was in outstanding shape and he helped us a lot, especially because we could make these changes with Trent and Joe.

“That was really important because Trent is still a young boy and we cannot push him through 20 games in a row. He would probably say he is OK but I think it is responsible we have an eye on that.

“I have a plan – surprisingly. We will see what we will do but we have other options of course. There are a lot of players who can play that position, especially in the way we play now.

“Wait a little bit and you will see which other options we have.”

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

Wonder what the psychological implications will be if we win and go top for a couple of hours. Will it put extra pressure on Man City? 

That match is all about Chelsea. If they are on form, they will give City a run for their money. Personally I think Chelsea have had good form in the early part of the season and have hit a bump in the road, this is probably the best time that City could have played them.

We need a win, I think if we do being top will be brief but who cares. Best we can do is keep pace.