You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) 8/12/18

Bjornebye

From Everton up the big one at Man City we have 9 games in a month. I'm thinking only Alisson and VVD are playing them all. That means Moreno, Matip, Clyne, Sturridge and Origi are going to get at least a couple of games each. Moreno in particular scares the shit out of me, if he has to play I'd pick this one and Newcastle as his 2 games, same with Matip. 

I fear we will put in a lacklustre performance after two hard fought games in a week.

Lunchtime KO way down on the South coast and two massive games to follow on.  Bournemouth are no push over and could well catch us half asleep.

Genuinely worried about this game.   

• Upvote 1

Last season we absolutely destroyed them 4-0 here, genuinely one of our best performances under Klopp, we were sensational that day. Was the emergence of Chamberlain in midfield, Coutinho was immaculate and Salah was taking the piss. Difficult team to pick given the week that comes after. Would go Allisson, Trent, Matip, VVD, Moreno, Fabinho, Keita,Wij, Sturridge, Firmino, Salah. 3-1 reds.

3 hours ago, No2 said:

From Everton up the big one at Man City we have 9 games in a month. I'm thinking only Alisson and VVD are playing them all. That means Moreno, Matip, Clyne, Sturridge and Origi are going to get at least a couple of games each. Moreno in particular scares the shit out of me, if he has to play I'd pick this one and Newcastle as his 2 games, same with Matip. 

No need for Moreno or Sturridge to play a single minute for us ever again.

26 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

No need for Moreno or Sturridge to play a single minute for us ever again.

There is a need though, just like there will be a requirement for Origi, Matip, Clyne and Lalanna. Virtually everyone would be happy to never see them play again but the league isn't being won by using the same 14 or 15 players. We can't win at City with heavy legs, they will have utilised their (more impressive) squad over the next month and we have to do the same.

12 minutes ago, No2 said:

There is a need though, just like there will be a requirement for Origi, Matip, Clyne and Lalanna. Virtually everyone would be happy to never see them play again but the league isn't being won by using the same 14 or 15 players. We can't win at City with heavy legs, they will have utilised their (more impressive) squad over the next month and we have to do the same.

Well, I do think three of those four could play a role.

I think these 17 players we should use - Alisson, Clyne, Robertson, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Shaqiri, Firmino, Salah, Mane, Origi. 

These players offer nothing - Mignolet, Moreno, Lallana, Solanke, Sturridge, Markovic, and should only be featuring when we're 3-0 up in games, etc. Or, not at all in the case of Markovic. In fact, he may well be in the Bahamas for all I know.

I honestly think we are better of having a tired version of a decent player than letting that lot play many minutes. 

Even just one signing in January could make a huge difference to us. And we should be looking to clear out some of those that do nothing but kill our attacking play or, in the case of Moreno, are routinely 40 yards out of position.

Can Wilson be recalled, do you know?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Well, I do think three of those four could play a role.

I think these 17 players we should use - Alisson, Clyne, Robertson, TAA, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Henderson, Shaqiri, Firmino, Salah, Mane, Origi. 

These players offer nothing - Mignolet, Moreno, Lallana, Solanke, Sturridge, Markovic, and should only be featuring when we're 3-0 up in games, etc. Or, not at all in the case of Markovic. In fact, he may well be in the Bahamas for all I know.

I honestly think we are better of having a tired version of a decent player than letting that lot play many minutes. 

Even just one signing in January could make a huge difference to us. And we should be looking to clear out some of those that do nothing but kill our attacking play or, in the case of Moreno, are routinely 40 yards out of position.

Can Wilson be recalled, do you know?

I would generally agree with most of that but heir Klopp won't. I don't know how far they plan ahead but it wouldn't surprise me if they have the team  provisionly picked for the next 6 games. Strongest team V Napoli, Arsenal and City, hybrid model for the 3 mid table teams, Bournemouth, Man Utd and Newcastle.

All loans are 12 month deals with no return as far as I know.

5 hours ago, No2 said:

Zero chance the sports science people let Klopp play van Dijk 9 times in a month, I'm afraid.

I'm terrified for it, especially with Gomez out, but one of these games we're going to see van Dijk on the bench and hope that Lovren and Matip can hold it together enough for us to get the points. Maybe if Keita and Fabinho are better settled in a few weeks we could hope that our midfield is good enough to make up for a very shaky pair of CBs.

24 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Lampard has confirmed in an interview, that we have the option to recall Wilson in January.

Cheers.

33 minutes ago, No2 said:

I would generally agree with most of that but heir Klopp won't. I don't know how far they plan ahead but it wouldn't surprise me if they have the team  provisionly picked for the next 6 games. Strongest team V Napoli, Arsenal and City, hybrid model for the 3 mid table teams, Bournemouth, Man Utd and Newcastle.

All loans are 12 month deals with no return as far as I know.

Cheers, and agreed we should be able to beat dross like Man Utd with three or four rested. Bournemouth possibly the same, although they are a slightly better team.

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Zero chance the sports science people let Klopp play van Dijk 9 times in a month, I'm afraid.

I'm terrified for it, especially with Gomez out, but one of these games we're going to see van Dijk on the bench and hope that Lovren and Matip can hold it together enough for us to get the points. Maybe if Keita and Fabinho are better settled in a few weeks we could hope that our midfield is good enough to make up for a very shaky pair of CBs.

Science doesn't apply to Virgil. He strolls through most games anyway, I'd say training is more strenuous on him.