You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) 8/12/18

Bjornebye

I'm pretty sure there will be changes to the team again, with some of our squad players again making the starting line-up alongside more of the regulars who didn't start at Burnley. While the ideal situation would be to put the game to bed early and see out a glorified training session, we don't currently have the cohesiveness in midfield and attack to be sure we can do that. We COULD, but I think Klopp will take a pragmatic view and plan for a tougher game.

Concentrating on this game and putting the upcoming fixtures out of the players' minds is necessary because we've fallen foul of Bournemouth before through a lack of concentration. Don't let them lay a glove on us, and make sure we are ruthless in attack when we get the chances.

Win.

These are a really good side and it will be tough. They play football though so that could play into our hands and open them up to our counter attack - blitz style. Should be an entertaining game. I hope all who attend have a comfortable seat and that the coffee is pleasant.

We're fuckin shite. 

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

These are a really good side and it will be tough. They play football though so that could play into our hands and open them up to our counter attack - blitz style. Should be an entertaining game. I hope all who attend have a comfortable seat and that the coffee is pleasant.

We're fuckin shite. 

No g.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Eddie Howe as a fella and Bournemouth as a team are way too nice to go snide, ultra-defensive or both.

They’ll have a go at us as they usually do and we’ll catch them coming in.

This is a boxing game, right?

Weren't they fucking about with blatant time wasting in one of our recent games with them, or have I remembered that wrong?

If we are gonna have any sniff at all of pulling off what would be a virtual miracle and beating the oil cheats then we simply have to ask them questions like going top before they play this weekend.

Just to pose a new challenge for them, put them in a different position, just remind them that it may not be a procession and give them a test to pass.

OK they may very well answer it emphatically, but we HAVE to ask it - keep them thinking, see how they deal with someone standing up and saying 'ok we are gonna push hard and we aren't going away'

We probably won't get many chances to go above them even if it is only for a few hours, to put them in the spotlight and say 'go on then lets see how you handle a bit of pressure'....it is crucial we do it Saturday.

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

If we are gonna have any sniff at all of pulling off what would be a virtual miracle and beating the oil cheats then we simply have to ask them questions like going top before they play this weekend.

Just to pose a new challenge for them, put them in a different position, just remind them that it may not be a procession and give them a test to pass.

OK they may very well answer it emphatically, but we HAVE to ask it - keep them thinking, see how they deal with someone standing up and saying 'ok we are gonna push hard and we aren't going away'

We probably won't get many chances to go above them even if it is only for a few hours, to put them in the spotlight and say 'go on then lets see how you handle a bit of pressure'....it is crucial we do it Saturday.

Playing Chelsea away is probably as tough as a game for them that we can hope for in this situation too. 

I really hope Chelsea smash them, enough to prove that despite what the media say, they are still mere mortals. 

7 hours ago, Aventus said:

Playing Chelsea away is probably as tough as a game for them that we can hope for in this situation too. 

I really hope Chelsea smash them, enough to prove that despite what the media say, they are still mere mortals. 

The feeling of invincibility needs to be pricked - so yeah a chelsea win would be great.

They probably see the game as their hardest remaining away game too so if they win then confidence soars even more.

It is fucking mad isn't it that here we are looking at a game in December as being so pivotal/one of very few chances they might lose, but this is what they have done!

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

The feeling of invincibility needs to be pricked - so yeah a chelsea win would be great.

They probably see the game as their hardest remaining away game too so if they win then confidence soars even more.

It is fucking mad isn't it that here we are looking at a game in December as being so pivotal/one of very few chances they might lose, but this is what they have done!

It makes the Bournemouth game so fucking huge for Liverpool. City go into this game knowing that their unbelievable and undefeated start has had them scoring goals galore, and they've been declared near-certain league champions already.

They are apparently 'miles' ahead of everyone...yet one shoddy bit of defending Saturday and they could be 2nd. That's got to play on their minds. 

5 minutes ago, A_S said:

It makes the Bournemouth game so fucking huge for Liverpool. City go into this game knowing that their unbelievable and undefeated start has had them scoring goals galore, and they've been declared near-certain league champions already.

They are apparently 'miles' ahead of everyone...yet one shoddy bit of defending Saturday and they could be 2nd. That's got to play on their minds. 

You'd hope so..

I didn't realise only two teams have won there this season, Man City and Arsenal. Need to be at something near the second half against Burnley and nowhere near the first half.

10 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Weren't they fucking about with blatant time wasting in one of our recent games with them, or have I remembered that wrong?

You could be right but I’m virtually senile at the moment so can’t remember it.

By not going snide I more meant no crippling, dirty tackles and the like; they’re usually the Adam Lallana of sides.  

Unless I’ve got them mixed up with actual Adam Lallana. See my first paragraph, to be honest Stig.